• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I tested it out and just this simple script worked for me
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    special 0x113
    end
    no ghost issues

Odd - It's definitely not allowing me back on the original spot after stepping off, even with Sphericals suggested script too.

This is something *similar*

0x0203707D

The byte there is the OW the game will control. If it's not the player, the camera will not move. Here's an example:

lucas85879.gif

What happened was I created another OW that looked identical to the player's normal OW and set the byte at that offset to that OW id. The player then can use that OW while the camera remains in a single place. They can change maps, do battles, talk and everything.

Sounds interesting, I'll give this a go now.

Edit// worked pretty well! Will have to do some work arounds (location-based tile bytes not working still) but it has helped me sidestep the blocked path problem. Thanks!

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I have a quick question. Is it safe to replace unknown and its letters with new Pokemon? Cause I find it useless. And I dont want to go through the hassle of replacing it then finding out it wasnt a good idea.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Every time I put a warp that leads to Viridian City in FireRed, the game resets instead of going to Viridian City when I use it.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Is it only when warping or does it freeze when you enter viridian city from another map too? Have you tried just using another warp?
    It has happened coming from other maps as well. I've tried other warps.
    Warping to other cities works perfectly fine. I tried replacing another map with Viridian City, but it still happens.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • It has happened coming from other maps as well. I've tried other warps.
    Warping to other cities works perfectly fine. I tried replacing another map with Viridian City, but it still happens.
    There's many reasons why this might be happening. Have you checked the level scripts in the header tab? If it looks suspicious, go to a map with no level scripts, press Ctrl+H, copy the script offset, then go to Viridian and paste it. Then save and see if it works.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    There's many reasons why this might be happening. Have you checked the level scripts in the header tab? If it looks suspicious, go to a map with no level scripts, press Ctrl+H, copy the script offset, then go to Viridian and paste it. Then save and see if it works.
    View attachment 74414

View attachment 74415
    There weren't any level scripts, but since I don't know what some of the stuff means when I go to the professional view, I posted a screenshot of it.

Years
  • hello i kind new to forums and i really have no idea what to do lol but i was looking into making my own rom hack and i need some help can some one please message me and help me out?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • does anyone know if its possible to change the type of day via DNS during like scripting? like it changes based off the hour... so is it possible to add it to a script to change it from day to night for a scene and then back

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • does anyone know if its possible to change the type of day via DNS during like scripting? like it changes based off the hour... so is it possible to add it to a script to change it from day to night for a scene and then back

Hi, yes it should be possible (and quite easy) if you know how your specific DNS stores it's times of day. That being said, you probably will not be able to go back to the same time because as you've specified it updates every hour (so the pal would take an hour to update, in the worst case).

While I don't think most DNS re-update outdoor pals if you warp, you might be able to get the graphical update to work that way as well. All of this depends on which DNS you're using and how it's implemented though.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I have a quick question. Is it safe to replace unknown and its letters with new Pokemon? Cause I find it useless. And I dont want to go through the hassle of replacing it then finding out it wasnt a good idea.
    Yes, it's safe to replace any existing Pokemon excluding limbo/??????????? spots (it's possible but generally not the best idea in the world when you can expand the Pokedex).

Thing is though you're just replacing one Pokemon instead of many, as the data for all Unown goes to one Pokemon, just look it up in any editor and you'll see what I mean.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    My warp problem is fixed for now! All I did was use a-map 1.92 instead of 1.95. :D
    I've never had a problem like that with a-map 1.95 until I edited Viridian City.

With further testing, it didn't matter what version i used. It was movement byte 0C (hidden) that was causing the problem, so I used a different byte for hidden and it worked correctly.

Last edited:

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I replaced a bunch of the ???????? slots with new items, and I went to test it out. Some of the items (about four I think), crashed the game when I tried to view them in either the bag or the Pokemart menu. The items in question were usually items directly in between two existing items. This brings me to my question, is there a limit to the amount of "safe" items slots available, and how do you tell which ones are safe?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Would anyone happen to know where the unused palette for a Bug-Type TM is in the Gen 3 games? I remember seeing that it exists on The Cutting Room Floor, and it would be a whole lot more useful than using the Grass-Type TM palette as a substitute.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm having trouble expanding flight spots. Everything is fine until I get to the airport data. Specifically, I want to point map 2.33 (02 18) to flight spot 08. It hasn't magically appeared in table and changing me just warps me to a random position in Pallet Town. I've also tried repointing the table, in which case it leads me to map 0.0. Does anyone know how to actually point it correctly? The data in Advance Map is just FFs.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    Hi, quick question. I'm relatively new to ROM hacking, and after inserting a new map for the inside of a building, i seem to have ran into a problem. The border seems to be correct, but on the top and bottom of the map, there is a strange tile distortion. Probably doing something stupid but was hoping somebody had encountered the problem before and knows how to fix it. Unfortunately, I can't post links to screenshots at the moment.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back