• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The Lure Ball is green when I look at it on HeartGold, but it's listed as blue literally everywhere else I see it so lol what happened here

Years
The Lure Ball is green when I look at it on HeartGold, but it's listed as blue literally everywhere else I see it so lol what happened here

Apparently it was just a colouring mistake, as the official artwork was blue so come 5th Generation they corrected the sprite to match the artwork. It's like how some Pokemon sprites were recoloured between Gold/Silver and Crystal, so they could match the official artwork.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 11, 2023
It really depends, if you prefer a Physical Attacker with wide coverage try out Electivire, who has access with Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake and Cross Chop (through breeding).

While Magnezone can be beat with its Flash Cannon, Discharge or Thunderbolt and Explosion. It needs Hidden Power to assist it though.

I agree with this guy! However, if one prefers the speedier Pokemon, I'd go for Electivire.

Reactions: Sun

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
For me electric types and good never fitted in one sentence though. I really think Electivire was better due it's good moveset and stats. Luxray was also a relevant use especially in the Diamond/Pearl era. Easy to catch and convenient to use, but definitely not the strongest of all.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Probably a over done question, but thought I'd ask anyway.
After fnishing my 3rd gen games, and starting 4th I'm hoping to complete my national dex+ legendaries.
With the Nintendo wifi servers gone, is it still possible to get the event legedaries? Mainly Shaymin and a Deoxys somehow. I beleive Mew is obtainable from Pokemon Ranch (if that's still avalible even), and Manaphy from Ranger. But I'm totaly out of the 4th gen loop.
Would love to know if it'll be possible - even if getting side games is an option :D

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Probably a over done question, but thought I'd ask anyway.
After fnishing my 3rd gen games, and starting 4th I'm hoping to complete my national dex+ legendaries.
With the Nintendo wifi servers gone, is it still possible to get the event legedaries? Mainly Shaymin and a Deoxys somehow. I beleive Mew is obtainable from Pokemon Ranch (if that's still avalible even), and Manaphy from Ranger. But I'm totaly out of the 4th gen loop.
Would love to know if it'll be possible - even if getting side games is an option :D

Unfortunately there is no more legit way to get Shaymin and Deoxys from any DS games.
Both Shaymin and Deoxys were available from Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs which required Wi-Fi downloads. As well as a Wi-Fi event download for Shaymin event that involves Oak's Letter in Pokémon Platinum.

I'm not sure if sav file or pkm file exchanges are allowed here in PC, last time I checked there were no rules regarding those. You need to ask a staff to make sure, in case you are considering this method.

Years
Adding onto what Unapologetic mentioned, Manaphy's egg that can be transferred from Ranger probably relied on wi-fi as well since you needed to use Mystery Gift to transfer the egg over so you might be out of luck on that one too.

theoblivinator

1337 Poisons
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Apr 30, 2022
Jolteon is my favorite electric type to use in Platinum. It has the special attack and speed stats to back it up. Might not have the best movepool, but it makes due with what it gets.

Cloudy J

Cloud Queen
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 16, 2018
No, to transfer pokemon from a gen IV game to a gen V game (e.g. from Diamond to Black) you need 2 consoles, in Black you must go to the Poketransfer Lab and talk to the scientist to start. You must then put Diamond in your other console and start DS Download Play and select Pokemon Black. You will then have to select 6 Pokemon and play a short minigame to transfer the Pokemon into Black.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
No, to transfer pokemon from a gen IV game to a gen V game (e.g. from Diamond to Black) you need 2 consoles, in Black you must go to the Poketransfer Lab and talk to the scientist to start. You must then put Diamond in your other console and start DS Download Play and select Pokemon Black. You will then have to select 6 Pokemon and play a short minigame to transfer the Pokemon into Black.

what happens if you lose at the minigame? do you lose your pokemon?

Cloudy J

Cloud Queen
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 16, 2018
what happens if you lose at the minigame? do you lose your pokemon?

No, the minigame has you launch Pokeballs at the pokemon as the jump between bushes on a screen, hitting a pokemon will capture it, if you don't capture all the pokemon in the time limit, the remaining pokemon will stay in your Diamond game and not be transferred to Black. If this happens you can just try again.

I've played it many times and not once failed to catch them all so I wouldn't worry about losing as it's fairly simple. If pokemon are hiding in bushes, launch a pokeball at them while they are peering out and they will begin jumping around for you to catch. If you see a cloud drifting by, hit it and all pokemon will fall asleep making them easier to catch. The time limit is fairly long, you might struggle at first if you're not familiar with it but don't worry you'll get the hang of it. :)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Unfortunately there is no more legit way to get Shaymin and Deoxys from any DS games.
Both Shaymin and Deoxys were available from Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs which required Wi-Fi downloads. As well as a Wi-Fi event download for Shaymin event that involves Oak's Letter in Pokémon Platinum.

I'm not sure if sav file or pkm file exchanges are allowed here in PC, last time I checked there were no rules regarding those. You need to ask a staff to make sure, in case you are considering this method.

Thanks for replying :) My hope is, atleast to get the event legendaries all a pure authentic way, though most trading is cloned to some point even in 6th gen :S

I just got a brand new copy of the orignal Ranger, I do hope the Manaphy transfer will work as I beleive I have to play most of the game. Which I'll enjoy, I just dont want to start it now if that wont work and enjoy it some other time. :P

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Thanks for replying :) My hope is, atleast to get the event legendaries all a pure authentic way, though most trading is cloned to some point even in 6th gen :S

I just got a brand new copy of the orignal Ranger, I do hope the Manaphy transfer will work as I beleive I have to play most of the game. Which I'll enjoy, I just dont want to start it now if that wont work and enjoy it some other time. :P

Only non-Japanese version of Pokémon Ranger works (only once), further more Ranger sequels like Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs do not give away Manaphy Eggs nowadays, as those games' required WI-Fi connection in order to receive the related mission.

Outlier

I've been trying to breed a 4-5 IV Onyx on and off for the past few months in Soul Silver. I know wifi support is gone but I like breeding optimal Pokemon regardless. I usually settle for just two perfect IV's but I'm trying to aim higher this time. Any tips for breeding 4-5 IV Pokemon in 4th gen? I've been using the everstone and bracer items but I can't seem to get more than 3 perfect IV's even though both parent pokemon have 3 perfect IV's and outstanding potential. Not to mention that between the parents they cover 4 perfect IV's out of 6.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I've been trying to breed a 4-5 IV Onyx on and off for the past few months in Soul Silver. I know wifi support is gone but I like breeding optimal Pokemon regardless. I usually settle for just two perfect IV's but I'm trying to aim higher this time. Any tips for breeding 4-5 IV Pokemon in 4th gen? I've been using the everstone and bracer items but I can't seem to get more than 3 perfect IV's even though both parent pokemon have 3 perfect IV's and outstanding potential. Not to mention that between the parents they cover 4 perfect IV's out of 6.

You have two open options:
It's either breeding with patience or RNG.

Outlier

Yeah I'm not smart enough to manipulate RNG so I'll have to tough it out. Thanks anyway. : P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
feebas to milotic

im trying to get my feebas to a milotic so im wondering how to get a higher lvl poffins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back