• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I am but it's not workinggg
    It's at level 20 and I caught it at lvl 4, it has to be at least somewhat happy.

Years
  • About from Platinum to Diamond

I want to know first, is it possible?
    Second..what are the limitations? like, what will i lose or can't trade?
    I was thinking of moving later from diamond to black too so i was wondering if lose something at first if it can be recoverable once its in black

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I am not sure what you are asking.
    You mean you are on Platinum right now, and want to move to Diamond?
    Asking what Pokémon and/or items you would lose?

Any items that were added in Platinum and don't exist in D/P, won't be able to be moved over to Diamond. Same for any Pokémon forms, but any new forms were activated via key items in Platinum anyway.

I think the only item you would actually lose, would be the Griseous Orb, as it cannot be traded at all (to prevent people trying to trade it to D/P.)

Years
  • I am not sure what you are asking.
    You mean you are on Platinum right now, and want to move to Diamond?
    Asking what Pokémon and/or items you would lose?

Any items that were added in Platinum and don't exist in D/P, won't be able to be moved over to Diamond. Same for any Pokémon forms, but any new forms were activated via key items in Platinum anyway.

I think the only item you would actually lose, would be the Griseous Orb, as it cannot be traded at all (to prevent people trying to trade it to D/P.)

Okay so..let's say i move a shaymin or giratina to diamond, losing the item and staying in 1 form, then later i move to black, is it basically not possible anymore to somehow get the item again in some way? or it's just impossible unless it's from platinum to black?

Ammako

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Gen. V have their own ways of obtaining the Griseous Orb and the Gracidea flower. You just need a legitimate Shaymin (any Shaymin with Fateful encounter tag works) and you get it from an NPC somewhere.
    Griseous Orb, you get at the same time as Adamant Orb and Lustrous Orb, I don't remember where exactly.

You can't transfer items from Gen. IV to Gen. V anyway.

Reactions: Sun

Ammako

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    That being said, Dark Trinity gives you the three orbs on Marvelous Bridge post-E4, and you get Gracidea Flower from Lacunosa Town. Inside the Pokémon Center, IIRC. An NPC there gives it to you if you show her a Shaymin with Fateful encounter tag.

Years
  • As Pingouin said, there's a reason these held items are obtainable in-game, such as the Shadow Triad giving you the Adamant, Lustrous & Griseous Orbs. You can't transfer any Pokemon that are holding items due to coding issues but if you still want your legendary to get its special item, you'll still be able to obtain them in the next-gen game so it's basically an anti-frustration thing.

Outlier

I'm trying to unlock the TM for Explosion in Veilstone's gaming corner. Is there any method to making the Celfairy stick around for 10 bonus rounds? I can't seem to get them to stay for more than two. Getting certain TM's in 4th gen is such a bitch!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • So I've decided to bring a guy Kirlia onto my Plat team. Where can I get the stone that evolves him in this game?

Years
  • So I've decided to bring a guy Kirlia onto my Plat team. Where can I get the stone that evolves him in this game?

Which game exactly are you playing?

He's playing Platinum,

Anyways, in Platinum only there is a Dawn Stone on Route 212. Other than that, there's also one on Route 225 in the Battle Zone (you need Rock Climb to get that one) and Mt. Coronet (which you need Surf to get to).

Also, a Pokemon with Pickup can randomly find a Dawn Stone (among other stones and items) starting at Level 71 (not exactly required, but recommended since it's the best chance of getting one). Aipom is a good candidate for a Pickup user in this game since it retains its ability even when it evolves into Ambipom. You can catch Aipom in some of the trees that require Honey, but be warned that another Pokemon may spawn there instead so be mindful of that. Pachirisu is another good Pickup candidate, you can easily catch one on Route 215 or the Valley Windworks.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • He's playing Platinum, as he said.

Anyways, in Platinum only there is a Dawn Stone on Route 212. Other than that, there's also one on Route 225 in the Battle Zone (you need Rock Climb to get that one) and Mt. Coronet (which you need Surf to get to).

Also, a Pokemon with Pickup can randomly find a Dawn Stone (among other stones and items) starting at Level 71. Aipom is a good candidate for a Pickup user in this game since it retains its ability even when it evolves into Ambipom.

Sorry missed that part, but they also can be found on Rt.225 and in Mt coronet.

User Anon 1848

HG/SS: Does registering more trainers in your Pokegear mean that you'll receive phone calls more often? Or does it just make you get the same amount of phone calls but from a larger variety of people?

I've only registered the Gym Leaders in my Pokegear so far. I'm tempted to start adding regular trainers so I can rematch them but I don't want to if it means I'll be receiving calls more often than I already do. I don't mind getting the odd phone call from youngster Joey or whoever, I just don't want it to increase the frequency of calls I already receive.

Years
  • HG/SS: Does registering more trainers in your Pokegear mean that you'll receive phone calls more often? Or does it just make you get the same amount of phone calls but from a larger variety of people?

I've only registered the Gym Leaders in my Pokegear so far. I'm tempted to start adding regular trainers so I can rematch them but I don't want to if it means I'll be receiving calls more often than I already do. I don't mind getting the odd phone call from youngster Joey or whoever, I just don't want it to increase the frequency of calls I already receive.

I'm pretty sure adding more trainers in the Pokegear doesn't really affect the frequency of calls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back