• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Worldbuilding] The Auria Region 「UR」 [Let's go exploring!]

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Name: Alistair
    Trainer Class: Flying-type Gym Leader
    Pokémon:
    666MS.png
    018MS.png
    169MS.png
    628MS.png
    715MS.png

Additional Details: Alistair is a relaxed kinda of guy. Having grown up in Azumithal Town his whole life, he has spent hours flying through the air with his Pidgeot. When he is not training for his gym, Alistair likes to help teach the next generation of Aurians how to fly with their Pokémon.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

• Azumithal Town

190h4r2lmgymbjpg.jpg

Azumithal Town is a town in northern mountain ranges of Auria. It is notable for being the site of the 8th and final Auria Pokemon Gym, and houses the Auria Pokemon League. Nestled at the top of Auria's tallest mountain, it is only accessible by flying. The local citizens are all trained to ride Noivern from their youth, and most become expert riders by their adulthood. Azumithal Town's tradition of riding Noivern for sport and transportation is ancient, dating back centuries. Rather than viewing them as mere steeds, the bond between a citizen of Azumithal Town and his Noivern is one grounded in friendship and trust.

Due to it only being accessible by flying, coupled with its high altitude and rough flying weather below due to frequent blizzards, people of Azumithal have little contact with the outside world. The town is well known and famous throughout all of Auria. Only a select few have seen it for themselves, however. Reaching it is extremely difficult, and is often said to be the most difficult task that faces trainers aspiring to the Pokemon League.

Despite its relative isolation and their ancient, traditionalist culture, the people of Azumithal are friendly and welcoming to outsiders. In fact, people from outside who manage to reach Azumithal are often regarded with respect and admiration, and show warm hospitality towards trainers who arrive there to complete their journey to challenge the Pokemon League. The abundance of huge Noivern flying through the skies can be a bit intimidating for trainers arriving there for the first time, but the skill with which the locals ride them is truly a sight to behold.

Question for members of Auria:

Has your trainer ever journeyed to Azumithal Town? If not, do they aspire to go there one day? Do they know anyone there? Have they heard any interesting stories about it? Please share with us a piece describing your character's experiences and/or knowledge of this town! It could be a description of a time when your character visited, or if you have a character who lives there, tell us what a day in the life is like for a citizen of Azumithal.

Have fun, and more locations will be posted soon!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Question for members of Auria:

Has your trainer ever journeyed to Azumithal Town? If not, do they aspire to go there one day? Do they know anyone there? Have they heard any interesting stories about it? Please share with us a piece describing your character's experiences and/or knowledge of this town! It could be a description of a time when your character visited, or if you have a character who lives there, tell us what a day in the life is like for a citizen of Azumithal.

Have fun, and more locations will be posted soon!

Of course my character has been! He does live there. Loving the design of the town. Question: are Pokémon other than Noivern ever used?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Of course my character has been! He does live there. Loving the design of the town. Question: are Pokémon other than Noivern ever used?

Yep! Noivern are of course the most common because of their abundance, but it's not uncommon for people to ride Salamence as well, though they're a bit more difficult to tame. It's also a growing fad for people to ride Charizard nowadays, and since they're not indigenous to the area, people who have journeyed outside of Azumithal commonly ride them to show off.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Just to point out a small typo:
    "through the skies can be a bit in the sky can be a bit intimidating"
    in the third-to-last line, I believe. :3

As for Kryxalys - she had managed to collect all the badges and challenge the Pokemon League prior to being appointed as a gym leader. She remembers her struggles in reaching Azumithal town, and the pride and joy she shared with her Pokemon upon reaching it. Unfortunately she also holds a bittersweet memory of her loss to the Elite Four when she had challenged them in her past.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Has your trainer ever journeyed to Azumithal Town? If not, do they aspire to go there one day? Do they know anyone there? Have they heard any interesting stories about it?

Yes! Mei visited the entire Auria Region, actually. c: Just like Kryxalys, Mei has defeated and Gym Leaders and wasn't able to progress towards the Champion. The Elite Four is a biiiiig hurdle. maybe that's why Mei and Angelica knew each other...? She enjoyed the flying! There were lots of people that were shouting because she couldn't stay still so at times, she looked like she was going to fall off but thankfully, she's alright. Mei visits her fellow Gym Leader too! But not often though. because she visits her other Gym Leaders as well.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    sorry for taking so long - i'm finally here.

Name: Gwen
    Trainer Class: Ground-type Gym Leader

Pokémon:
    529.png
    622.png
    140.png
    698.png

Additional Details:
    While Gwen is not Auria-born, she has certainly made a name for herself during her stay in the region. First arriving as a Ranger eager to explore the unknown parts of Auria, she joined a squad dedicated to excavating the immense cave system beneath the surface. Alongside her trusty tag team of Drillbur, who does the digging, and Golett in charge of heavy lifting, Gwen has already managed to examine quite a large area of the system around her base city. The other two members of her team are two Fossil Pokémon that were found in the depths of the grottos.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I'm so glad to have you on board, Nagi ^^ Welcome to Auria!

Let me also say it's quite impressive that Gwen has explored so much of the cave system! Not many people make it down there, and a lot who do get lost and end up having to Dig/Escape Rope their way back to the surface. She's a brave trainer, and a great gym leader I'm sure! Hope she has more exciting adventures~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Azumithal Town is really cool! Harper hasn't been there yet though. Sometimes when he heads north while caving he has this idea that maybe he could reach Azumithal by cave, so he kind of aims for it in the back of his mind, but hasn't gotten that far yet. If he does find a cave route, he hopes to make it reasonably accessible so people who are afraid of flying are able to visit Azumithal. It's a far-off dream, though.

Years
  • Only about a year ago did Estelle bother to venture into the wider world outside of her hometown. The stories of Azumithal's dragons were part of her childhood and when she was younger she imagined that she would one day be a dragon rider, but as she grew up she naturally forgot about those dreams. Since her psychic awakening she has felt an irresistible pull to the caves and mountains and the deep and dark places of the earth so she may well find herself traveling north one day and seeing the dragons in person.

TravelerTrainer15

Trainer class: Ace Trainer

Team: Porygon-Z, Emolga, Delphox

Additional details: A Kalos-born teenager who from age 5 has been fascinated with the Porygon evolution line. She's bright, optimistic, bubbly and cheerful, but plays no games when there are no games to play.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Saddening Incident With Advertisement

It's been a while! Auria's recovering well from the Pokemon Invasion! The results were horrible but thankfully, everything subsided and we're all okay! ...Not really that okay but we're healing! As to the outcome of the incident, we have example such as Aracea Town - one of the towns that were heavily damaged! There's a lot of wild pokemon there and as expected, they've gotten loco and cause many havoc!

It's not only Aracea but also Borealla City too! The biggest city were affected badly! You can take a gist to what happened to the other cities and other places - it was just as bad! The boats were in the same boat. On the incident I mean, boats can't fit in a boat, you know.

There were many injured, both Humans and Pokemon. It was really and is still sad when recalled upon. That was then and this is now, we're still alive today so everything will be a-ok! Except for traumatic experiences but you don't need to concern over that! They're healing mentally! I think!

Enough of that sad news and let's skip straight to water bottles. Auria has a large selling of Mirrorspring Glacier Water! They're clean, delicious to those who like drinking water! (I don't even think water has a taste but whatever suits your tongue!) But also delicious to those who don't drink water! It will make your body clean! Especially when you pee! Clean pee is appealing! You can also collect some bottles and pour them in a tub to bath! This Mirrorspring Glacier Water is a recommended drink to all! Buy one now!

- Aurian Journalist Mei, WPCNN

- sent to one Miss Angelica of Elite Four
    DID I DO OKAY, MISS ANGELICA?????????????????????? I THINK I'VE DONE A GREAT JOB HUEHUE! - signed with love, Mei

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Name: Jojo

Trainer class: Ace Trainer

Team: Porygon-Z, Emolga, Delphox

Additional details: A Kalos-born teenager who from age 5 has been fascinated with the Porygon evolution line. She's bright, optimistic, bubbly and cheerful, but plays no games when there are no games to play.

Accepted, welcome to Auria, NumberOnett :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

• Mirrorstream Cave

big_thumb_3467e9484aadc1a71ea0f99ee49a8f91.jpg

Mirrorstream Cave is a glacier cave just north of Cleargate City. The stream that runs through it originates from a spring in the mountainous north. It is constantly replenished by ice melt, and is naturally filtered as it runs through layers of ice and frozen stone. As such, the water from Mirrorstream Cave is renowned for being the freshest drinking water in all the region. Bottled Mirrorstream Glacier Water is the primary export of Auria, and it is world-renowned for its freshness, purity, and cleansing properties.

In fact, there is a long standing spiritual tradition behind the waters of mirror stream cave, whose purity has historically been regarded as the embodiment of the purity that comes with a perfect understanding of wu. Nowadays, such beliefs aren't believed quite as firmly, though these traditions do make for good marketing.

In addition to the water found there, Mirrorstream Cave is a beautiful place. It is a wide open space filled with ice, which during the day sparkles from the sunlight that shines through the openings in the walls and ceiling. The diffraction of sunlight from the ice, coupled with the light shining through the mist created by the waterfalls, creates a rainbow that shines throughout the cave. This sight, along with the silent stillness and pure water, makes Mirrorstream Cave a very calming place. Many people come here to relax and take in the scenery, and have a fresh drink of water while they're at it.

Questions for members of Auria:

Has your trainer ever journeyed to Mirrorstream Cave? If so, give us the deets on their adventure there, and what their thoughts were while they were there.

Does your trainer enjoy Mirrorstream Glacier Water?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

• To Mei, my pupil:

You've done a good job in describing how we were all affected by the Pokemon attacks. It was indeed a tragic state of affairs, and we're all thankful that it subsided before things got too nasty. One thing, however: let's remove the references to pee? We don't want to talk about such things in the very paragraph where we're trying to promote drinking water. Marketing concerns and all. We wouldn't want such things to become part of our branding.

Also, do you remember what I've told you about "many" vs. "much"? We only use "many" when we're talking about multiple things (e.g. "many problems"), but for a singular noun, we use "much" (e.g. "much havoc"). Don't worry, since no such distinction exists in our local Aurian tongue, this is a common mistake that many Aurian's make when speaking in the Common language. Similarly, "was" should be used when saying that the biggest city was affected badly. Again, an easy mistake to make due to this distinction not existing in the Aurian language, so don't fret.

Here is the final, edited version of your story:

Saddening Incident With Advertisement

It's been a while! Auria's recovering well from the Pokemon Invasion! The results were horrible, but thankfully, everything subsided and we're all okay! ...Well, not really that okay, but we're healing! As to the outcome of the incident, we have examples such as Aracea Town - one of the towns that were heavily damaged! There's a lot of wild Pokemon there and as expected, they've gotten loco and caused much havoc!

It's not only Aracea Town, but also Borealla City! The biggest city was affected badly! You can take a guess as to the gist of what happened to the other cities and other places - it was just as bad! The boats were in the same boat. (Regarding the incident, I mean. Boats can't fit in a boat, you know)

There were many injured, both humans and Pokemon. It was really sad and still is when recalled upon. That was then and this is now, we're still alive today so everything will be a-ok! Except for traumatic experiences but you don't need to concern over that! They're healing mentally! I think!

Enough of that sad news, let's skip straight to water bottles. Auria has a large selling of Mirrorspring Glacier Water! They're clean, delicious to those who like drinking water! (I don't even think water has a taste but whatever suits your tongue!) But also delicious to those who don't drink water! It will make your body clean! It'll flush out your whole system! You can also collect some bottles and pour them in a tub to bathe! This Mirrorspring Glacier Water is a recommended drink to all! Buy one now!

You can go ahead and submit this to WoPCNN when you're ready. But please, do feel free to notify me if you have any questions or concerns, as always.

Until next time!
    ~Angelica <3

Last edited:

TravelerTrainer15

The veteran trainer got up. She had been resting in what remained of Cleargate. But now she decided to go through Mirrorstream Cave. "Okay, Porygon-Z, let's go," she said, and walked toward the cave, Emolga and Delphox safe in their PokeBalls.
    As she stepped in, she was immediately taken by surprise at how.... beautiful this place was. The light from outside was diffused by the ice, creating a rainbow that shone throughout the whole cave. As Jojo looked in awe, Porygon-Z shook its head. Its trainer could be so easily distracted sometimes. "Come on, Jojo. We don't have all day," it said in a monotone voice as it tugged on Jojo's arm. (Yes, it talks. It's basically a robot, after all) The girl snapped back into reality, laughed a bit, and went on. "Hey, I heard from a local that the water here is the purest water in this side of the Pokemon world. I mean, that doesn't matter for you, since you're basically a robot, but I'm curious!" She went to a nearby water deposit, took out a bottle that Porygon-Z could swear she didn't have before I wrote this sentence, and got some of the water. The teenager took a sip. "Holy son of a truck, this is good," she exclaimed as Porygon-Z just shook its head again.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • A Dark Encounter
    h7hUZJK.jpg

Francesca wandered through a dark cave, somewhere in the northern mountain ranges. She was determined to get some inspiration for her dark sketches, so she pressed on. The cave was cold, long, and winding. She could see her breath in front of her face. Ice cold water dripped from the ceiling. The deeper she ventured into the cave, the more she could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. It was cold--freezing even--but there was also an eerie presence. It was frightening, but Francesca, being the odd girl that she is, was exhilarated by it.

As she peered around a corner, she was startled to see a pair of yellow and red eyes gazing at her through the darkness, with a circle of bright orbs floating beneath them. It was a Misdreavus, who snickered mischievously at her.

"You seem...different."

Intrigued, Francesca tilted her head and followed the Misdreavus deeper into the cave. The glow from its necklace led the way. The cave was getting incredibly dark, to the point where she could barely see a hand in front of her face. She was starting to lose sight of the odd Misdreavus. Determined to examine it, she kept on going.

"Have you…disappeared? Can you come back out? I won't hurt you…"

She said in an awkward, but gentle voice. She was truthful: she truly meant the creature no harm.

Eventually as she got deeper and deeper into the cave, she had to stop, as there was a deep ravine right in front of her feet, and she nearly fell in.

"Hm. I guess…I'd better go back now."

Just as she turned around, she was face-to-face with a grinning Misdreavus. It smirked, and began to shriek loudly. The suddenness with which the Misdreavus let out its scream startled her. She flinched, and began to fall. Before she knew it, she lost her footing and fell into the gorge. At that moment, thankfully, the Xatu that her mom loaned her made its way out of its Pokeball and teleported Francesca to safety. Before she knew it, she was out of the cave, just outside the entrance. Her heart still racing, she turned and embraced the Xatu who saved her.

"You…saved me. I almost…"

She couldn't finish the sentence without breaking into tears and hugging Xatu again. It was odd though. Misdreavus are known to be pranksters, but it's unheard of for them to play such vicious, dangerous pranks.

"Could that have been a…"

The thought crossed her mind. Could this have been one of those Delta types that she heard about? Intrigued, she was determined to return to the cave and meet the Pokemon again and one day capture it. But this time, she would come prepared.

Name:
    Francesca
    Trainer Class: Elite Four's Dark Type trainer

Pokémon:
    429MS.png
    302MS.png
    625MS.png
    687MS.png

Additional Details: Francesca is a member of the Auria Elite Four, as well as a talented sketch artist. She's a quiet girl, and doesn't talk much. Her responses tend to be incredibly brief and matter of fact--she only says what is necessary, and says it in as few words as possible. She is often seen wrapped in several scarves and multiple layers of clothing. Underneath it all, she has long black hair and a pale skin. Her closest friend is her Mismagius, a Delta Pokemon which she met in an incident during her childhood while she was exploring a cave.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Has your trainer ever journeyed to Mirrorstream Cave? If so, give us the deets on their adventure there, and what their thoughts were while they were there.

Does your trainer enjoy Mirrorstream Glacier Water?
    Harper's whole career stems from Mirrorstream. His grandmother is a very strong believer in the ancient traditions revolving around wu, so Mirrorstream is a very important place that she visits as often as she is able. As Harper lived with her in Cleargate for a few months when he was young, she brought him to experience the caves during that time. She hoped he would be inspired and feel the importance of wu, but it didn't quite work out that way. Harper was stunned by the beauty and tranquillity of Mirrorstream and from then on threw himself into research on Auria's caves, spelunking, wilderness survival, photography, and cartography. He was determined to discover the natural beauty of Auria and share it as best he could.

He likes Mirrorstream Glacier Water, but never buys it himself. His grandma thinks it's a vile appropriation of a cultural site.

Back