• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2022
can you upload, at least, screenshots of your problem. I honestly don't understand the problem. Do you mean when you are expanding pokèdex, the mega evolution doesn't work?

yes. ceases to operate the mega evolution at the time of expanding the pokedex
As I fix it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2022
Really, It worked for me even though I expanded the Pokèdex, what is the var that triggers the player and opponent mega evolution?

Perhaps because it repunteo table of evolution, the battles normal work, but there is no longer the option of making mega evolve, and I do not understand much of the subject of the Var and the scrip , please help

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Perhaps because it repunteo table of evolution, the battles normal work, but there is no longer the option of making mega evolve, and I do not understand much of the subject of the Var and the scrip , please help
If the "Lv" icon by wild pokes' levels is not missing, then the keystone check may need disabling. It doesn't work correctly even if you have the requisite item afaik.

Try this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8878639&postcount=226

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2022
Last edited:

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Where Meeting config.h and uncomment (remove the "//") from the line that says "#define DISABLE_KEYSTONE_CHECK".

And as I do?
Excuse the ignorance but I am very confused.
You need to roll back to before you applied the Mega Evolution hack. When you type make in the command prompt, type make DEFS="-DDISABLE_KEYSTONE_CHECK" instead. Ideally, paste it with Ctrl-V to make sure you make no typos.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2022
You need to roll back to before you applied the Mega Evolution hack. When you type make in the command prompt, type make DEFS="-DDISABLE_KEYSTONE_CHECK" instead. Ideally, paste it with Ctrl-V to make sure you make no typos.

Then I have to uninstall the patch of the mega evolution? Or do I have to reapply it in a rom clean ?

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Then I have to uninstall the patch of the mega evolution? Or do I have to reapply it in a rom clean ?
Ah I forgot about the uninstaller patch. Try that first and reinstall as I mentioned; if it doesn't work then start over clean.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2022
These are the steps that i corrects me if I am wrong at the beginning
hEb23f3.png

MjlHsf4.png

After that insert.py
PFY2byf.png

7rHCuGR.png

And do not come out the directions or the offset, Being so the screen
x0lYDBh.png

And generates the rom called tes
RBIxxcK.png

This is normal ?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
These are the steps that i corrects me if I am wrong at the beginning
hEb23f3.png

MjlHsf4.png

After that insert.py
PFY2byf.png

7rHCuGR.png

And do not come out the directions or the offset, Being so the screen
x0lYDBh.png

And generates the rom called tes
RBIxxcK.png

This is normal ?

Should display the offsets as of the last time I checked.. Check the offset you inserted it at in a hex editor and check if anything is there.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2022
Should display the offsets as of the last time I checked.. Check the offset you inserted it at in a hex editor and check if anything is there.

What happens is that I am already the 0x800000 and direcions i want to put it in another place and does not come out as to change of place

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
What happens is that I am already the 0x800000 and direcions i want to put it in another place and does not come out as to change of place
I'm fairly certain the recent versions do not spit out the offsets unless you specifically tell the program to do so with a command. Also you need to edit the offset in insert.py itself (which can be dragged onto Notepad to edit) as well as in linker.lsc.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Here's my animation for Mega Evolution!

XgMgzfb.gif

Some things to note:
  • It does not actually swap the sprite. Touched is rewriting it to allow for this.
  • It requires custom particles that are attached to this post. If you need help with inserting the new particles just look at the link in my sig.
  • The target must be the user.
  • It doesn't restart the entry animation of the Pokemon or play the cry.
I've tried to format it to show every individual aspect of the animation itself. To insert it, just place the strings side by side in the Rom without any spaces.

Mega Evolution Animation
Spoiler:
Does anyone have the images that were included in the attachment in this post? They're long gone now because of the breach back in September. :\

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 13, 2020
Well,I fail,and I don't know what I should do...

Help me!!! My system is Chinese , and I follow the post

3vhNVsF.png

VlBQTVG.png

0Gckuj0.png

FAv9IDE.png

BUT

ILAu2mS.png

qGCtjqx.png

Can anyone tell me what I should do,please!

Last edited by a moderator:

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
That all looks correct, did it make test.gba but Mega Evolution won't cooperate?

You need to disable the keystone check since it still doesn't work properly: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8878639&postcount=226

Reassemble the hack using the modified "make" command.

@Touched - can you please address this in the OP, nearly everyone having issues with the hack is having issues with it because they need to disable the keystone check.

Years
Please i need help

error-1587430.png

When I run the "make" command everything is perfect, but when I want to run the "insert.py" I get the following error.

And do not know how to fix it.
I have done the tutorial again and again and I made sure that all this well but I always get this error.

Please someone help me or I explain that I do wrong, thanks.
I have also ensured that the ROM is in the correct folder and name also.

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
The ROM goes in the same folder as insert.py, but the instructions seem to suggest that it goes inside of the folder that you have to make yourself, which is where the program spits out code into. I was thrown for a loop by this too.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Okay, I just want to know. I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, I'm just curious. One thing I do know is that Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion is a thing in Emerald, but is a simpler process, like the one for Fire Red?

Years
The ROM goes in the same folder as insert.py, but the instructions seem to suggest that it goes inside of the folder that you have to make yourself, which is where the program spits out code into. I was thrown for a loop by this too.

Now I can fix it ...
Now that you have inserted all, you need something else?
And I put the file back and put options GT3 Tools Mega-Evolve Pokémon.
But when I hit "Start" nothing happens or show animations me or anything.
I do not know that I'm doing wrong, even I made the tutorial again several times but when I press Start for nothing ....
I used the keystone comes standard and Mega Stone also put the Pokémon, for GT3 Tools but nothing happens :(
Someone can tell me if after installation to do something, thanks :)

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
The solution was right above your first inquiry, but I will repost it once more for anybody else coming here to report the same issue:
That all looks correct, did it make test.gba but Mega Evolution won't cooperate?

You need to disable the keystone check since it still doesn't work properly: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8878639&postcount=226

Reassemble the hack using the modified "make" command.

@Touched - can you please address this in the OP, nearly everyone having issues with the hack is having issues with it because they need to disable the keystone check.

Back