• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
Years
  • According to one of the more recent interviews, which was back on December before the final Smash presentation, he said how he couldn't imagine them developing a new Smash game without him, so it's a fair assumption that he won't be leaving the franchise to someone else just yet.

Since I have no class Wednesday, I'll be able to buy the Corrin and Bayonetta DLC and try them out.

Oh no, I definitely cannot see him leaving the franchise, it's his baby. But maybe they might get a new Director now that Bandai Namco in on board?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Oh no, I definitely cannot see him leaving the franchise, it's his baby. But maybe they might get a new Director now that Bandai Namco in on board?

Unless the new director follows Sakurai's philosophy on fighter criteria, it's not a good idea, because we could potentially see unnecessary cuts based on "muh relevency" and adding in characters who, despite being wanted by the majority of the Smash community, may either not bring anything new to the metagame (Chrom) or incredibly unbalanced (Ridley).

Speaking of the community, talk about bad timing on creating an official tier list 2 days before Corrin and Bayonetta are out:

Spoiler:

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    No way am I accepting Shulk being that, but otherise it seems alright, and will crumble in less than 24 hours.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Patch and DLC went live ~2 hours ago, jsyk.

Went and got Corrin and Bayonetta (and Dreamland 64).

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Corrin's actually pretty cool, though for all the people who defended him by saying he isn't mainly a sword fighter, the lance arm sure does act exactly like a sword 90% of the time.

Bayonetta took more getting used to than I thought, but she's really good once you get the hang of her, and her down smash spikes ridiculously easily.

Of course, I can't try either out online right now because I'm getting unreal amounts of lag for some reason, so that's fun.

Last edited:

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I really love the new DLC, to be honest. IMO, they handle very well for my play-style. I've been having a blast playing with my friends. I'm not too competitive, so there's probably a lot I'm missing in terms to handling, though, lmao.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't know how they did, but they finally fixed the Wii U's CSS:

CaVUhpfWcAEWdKl.png

But now it's forever going to taunt me with those empty spaces on the last three rows, indicating that we would've gotten 2-3 more DLC characters, and that's never going to happen due to Corrin and Bayonetta being the final DLC characters.

Who will they add next?

The most obvious choice is Inkling due to Splatoon's success as a new IP. Everything else depends on what will be the current trends in the future.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I love Corrin!
    And it was the one I was least curious about.

But I feel like him Bayonetta and Cloud are overpower...

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • I don't know how they did, but they finally fixed the Wii U's CSS:

CaVUhpfWcAEWdKl.png

But now it's forever going to taunt me with those empty spaces on the last three rows, indicating that we would've gotten 2-3 more DLC characters, and that's never going to happen due to Corrin and Bayonetta being the final DLC characters.

The most obvious choice is Inkling due to Splatoon's success as a new IP. Everything else depends on what will be the current trends in the future.

True....
    We have to wait to see. *sigh*

Too many choices!!
    I'm stiking whit Samus' Power Suit...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunalie

Years
  • So I learned a neat trick with Corren.
    When you use your side b, if you're quick enough and use the A button as your second imput instead of the B button you can actually jab into the ground without waiting.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • There's a lot of complaints about Bayonetta from two sides. One side believes she's too broken due to her combos and Witch Time, while another side believes she's weak due to their landing lag and startup lag. Then there's the other side who dislike her dramatic screams whenever she gets thrown into the air.

Years
  • I was able to get Corrin last night, but unfortunately couldn't get Bayonetta. I had just enough for Corrin from a leftover giftcard haha. I really like Corrin. Bayonetta looks cool from what I can see. I will get her at another time.

No more DLC :/

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    How viable Bayonetta is will probably depend on how well she can kill, or if Witch Time is all she needs for kill setups. She racks damage like a fiend and has a great disadvantage state. Neutral seems kind of eh but that doesn't exactly stop Meta Knight or Zero Suit Samus.

Corrin doesn't seems like anything truly special tbh. Character has a lot of good but not outstanding moves, and their mobility leaves a bit to be desired. Was hoping that Corrin'd have a least one good OoS option but it's like Robin when it comes to OoS stuff =( Don't mean to say the character is bad though, cuz they're definitely not.

but lol, day 3 impressions

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm curious to know if the "beat All-Star Mode under 7(?) minutes as Shulk" challenge will now be impossible to beat due to the 7 DLC characters added onto the mode.

My mind has also been making hypothetical ideas for two more characters to fill up those empty slots in the CSS, just to please those who think the rumored NX version is going to be a port of the Wii U version:

Spoiler:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I'm having a lot of fun playing as Corrin, being my first ever DLC I bought for sm4sh. (not kidding) I've been practicing offline with him so far, learning several uses of dragon lunge (setups, pinning on the walls) finding out how strong up air is actually. Nice to know that Corrin has two kill throws.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Figured I might as well bump the thread

Dabuz posted what he thinks Rosalina's matchup spread is:
    CdC2uOwWAAAJQb6.jpg:large

I just like the category names really lol

Also the more time goes on the more I wonder what possessed them to give Cloud a big disjoint, good frame data, AND good mobility on top of Limit Break. Like wtf Nintendo.

Back