• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Do you expect (or would you like) a Mrs. Mime to appear in the future, or a Mime Sr.?
I'd like to see a Mrs. Mime. It can be a branch evolution from Mime Jr. based on gender. That would be cool, right Meloetta?

Does being reclassified as a Psychic/Fairy type suit Mr. Mime, in your opinion?
No. I don't like it! Waaah.

Did you use Marcel in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow? Will you when the games are released on the eShop later this month?
No, but I'm definitely going to when the games are rereleased. I think I just PC'd Marcel when I got it before.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Skitty on Wailord. Have you tried it in game? What did you get?
Not yet, but I plan to.................. Soon…

What do you imagine a Mega Wailord looking like?
I think it waould take up half the screen XD

Do you expect (or would you like) a Mrs. Mime to appear in the future, or a Mime Sr.?
Probably not, that would be disturbing. 0-0

Does being reclassified as a Psychic/Fairy type suit Mr. Mime, in your opinion?
Probably might not really make sense but at least it's stronger now as it can hit more types super effectively.

pkmin3033

417 – PACHIRISU

nPwQk3l.png

"It's one of the kinds of Pokémon with electric cheek pouches. It shoots charges from its tail."

The "Pikachu clone" of the fourth generation, Pachirisu is one of the more well-known Pokemon of that variety. It was featured prominently under the ownership of Dawn in the anime, winning her several Pokemon Contests – and creating several awkward hair situations – and, more recently, it took the World Championship by storm, being a part of the winning trainer's team. It has had a minimal role in spinoff titles, although Colosseum Leader Taylor sported an adorable Pachirisu motif for her costume in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Pachirisu! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How does Pachirisu stack up against the other "Pikachu clone" Pokemon in your opinion?
  • Did you watch the Pokemon World Championship match with Pachirisu in it? Did it inspire you to use one in the future on a team, or perhaps use a weak Pokemon you didn't think would be of much use previously?

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
How does Pachirisu stack up against the other "Pikachu clone" Pokemon in your opinion?
I kinda like Pachirisu and Dedenne the same, actually. I think they're both really adorable and very cute. That said, I don't particularly prefer one over the other. I'd easily have them both on an "electric mouse" team.

Did you watch the Pokemon World Championship match with Pachirisu in it? Did it inspire you to use one in the future on a team, or perhaps use a weak Pokemon you didn't think would be of much use previously?
Funny, because right after that happened I accidentally bred 2 shiny ones right after that fight. I was pretty excited and ended up using one of them, and leaving the other in my PC. Fun times!

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
How does Pachirisu stack up against the other "Pikachu clone" Pokemon in your opinion?
I haven't really used Pachirisu or Dedenne. I had Pachirisu on my team in Pearl for a second to enter into a park then boxed him/her.
Did you watch the Pokemon World Championship match with Pachirisu in it? Did it inspire you to use one in the future on a team, or perhaps use a weak Pokemon you didn't think would be of much use previously?
When that happened people in the YuGiOh community even was talking about it. I'm shocked it had happened. It hasn't really inspired me at all, but I was so happy it happened. It shows every pokemon have a use in competitive battle. I do use Lanturn on some teams, because I like it despite others using Rotom-W

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years

We all know how.

I haven't watched it, but DANG that Pachirisu is tanky. Maybe when I get to play X, I'll use a Trevenant to get to the Hall of Fame. :D

Years
tumblr_meoxc6S7mc1rlid3mo1_500.gif

If I were to rank each of the Pikachu clones (not counting Pichu), I would go Emolga > Plusle/Minun > Dedenne = Pachirisu. Though to be fair, if Dedenne weren't part-Fairy type, I'd have Pachirisu ahead of it on my list.

I remember hearing about it, but didn't see it myself. While I'm not a competitive battler, I've got to give props to them for using a weaker Pokemon like Pachirisu, since I know it can be tough to use an underrated Pokemon like that, as I always try to have Butterfree on my team if possible.

PageEmp

Years
It's in the middle I geuss. I like it more than some, like it less than others. I don't have an opinion on any of the clones :/.

Never watched it, though even if I do my opinion probably wont change about using one XD.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
Years
DEOXYS
sivyEUS.png

I'm pretty sure my first exposure to this Pokémon was the movie Destiny Deoxys. I first watched it right around the time I had been playing my first game, Emerald, and boy did I watch it a lot. It's arguably the Pokémon movie I've watched the most, and for that, it stands out to me more than the other movies, other than a few that include Heroes and Giratina & The Sky Warrior. I'm not sure why I watched it so much, but I really enjoyed it, and since I've recently acquired the Blu Ray, I figure I'll give it another watch one of these days.

I absolutely loved the Pokémon in that film, especially the main focuses Rayquaza and, of course, Deoxys. As a kid, Deoxys was awesome, but also really frightening and intimidating. The weird noise it made always freaked me out, as did its transformation sequences, and I was astounded by how absolutely powerful that thing was. Of what else I remember from that movie, the interaction of the two Deoxys was heartwarming. Sadly, I don't believe I have ever witnessed any of its other anime appearances, but going back and watching that movie will probably suffice for now.

I love its unique concept of being able to transform freely to many different forms that enormously change its stats, and I like the different appearances as well. My favorite form is Attack; it makes the best use of Deoxys' design elements in my opinion, and it's very competitively viable, although all of them are in their own right, especially with the help of such a varied movepool. I don't believe I've ever owned a Deoxys until that B2W2 event in early 2013. In my first playthrough of AS, I failed to catch the Deoxys in space. I may go back to Sky Pillar and try to catch it again. I already have one, but hey, the more the merrier I suppose.

Koffing
69o5IrX.png

Not much for me to say on this one, but I definitely remember this one quite a bit growing up. One of the more iconic designs of Gen 1, and one of the most definitive designs and concepts for a Poison-type Pokémon. Not among my favorite Pokémon, or designs, but I think it's really good in its own right, and got a good, long spotlight in being James' primary Pokémon for the first three generations, and since I'm sure there's only a slight possibility that Weezing will end up as a POTD, I'll just say it here- James releasing his Weezing (along with Jessie and her Arbok) is among the most simultaneously heartwarming and tearjerking moments of the show, and the episode was one of the best that featured Team Rocket. I am honestly hoping that one day, we'll get to see Arbok and Weezing, along with their pre-evolved counterparts they took care of, again one day. It's been 13 years, it gets more doubtful every year, and I'm not expecting it to happen, but I'd love for it to.

I don't remember ever using a Koffing myself, actually. This guy, and his older brother, is quite a bulky nuisance in NU, though.

Wailord
75Egs9E.png

I probably did use this mammoth once or twice before, but I honestly don't remember much. What I do remember is learning about it being the largest Pokémon in existence in elementary school way back then, and it had a bit of a reputation for it. If anything, I'm really impressed with the sheer size they gave this guy. I don't really breed often, and I don't think I ever tried breeding a Wailord and Skitty, but I think I will one day for the novelty of it. Best case scenario, a baby Wailord will learn Double-Edge from its father Skitty, and a baby Skitty learns nothing from its father Wailord, so there's not really any egg moves that interest me here. As for the Wailord/Relicanth Regi puzzle, I did that for the first time in AS last month or so, and I most definitely needed to look that up, haha. I even caught one of each to do that. Never hurts to fill up the Dex, as well.

Mr. Mime
Z4RzAPg.png

Undoubtedly one of the most oddly-designed Pokémon, and one who went through self-contradiction from the introduction of the gender mechanic, Mr. Mime is definitely one of the most interesting Pokémon in my opinion. It's really high in the list of out-there, oddball Gen 1 designs with Jynx, to me, and is also a mon I don't really think about too much in the modern games or anime because I rarely ever see them in there these days. I don't really think that adding a Fairy typing was fitting for Mr. Mime, (or the Granbull line), but eh, it's nothing that awful. At the least, it's nice to see it get some modern-day attention in the form of new feature additions, even if it's not a Mega. I certainly don't remember ever using this guy, although I possibly used Mime Jr. once or twice in Diamond/Platinum.

Pachirisu
sjisb7P.png

One of the Pokémon I think I remember most from Gen 4. It's got a cute design (arguably the most unique of all regional electric rodents), and I specifically remember Dawn's mischievous Pachirisu in the DP series of the anime, particularly the episode in which she catches it. Its old cry was one of the ones that I felt that they butchered in Gen 6, sadly. I was a little upset to eventually learn its competitive viability was under average, but it kinda makes me happy that it was an underdog at Worlds a couple years ago. I've used one here and there throughout Gen 4, and I may start doing it again in 6 eventually.

Pachi's not on my list of all-time favorites, but I do have a good amount of respect for it. As for all of the regional electric rodents, I'd say it ranks pretty high. I think Pichu may be my ultimate favorite, and Emolga definitely in last. Will avoid going into detail here but while it's pretty cute, the Volt Switching Emolga used by Elesa are among the few things I remember vividly about Black and White...Clemont's thankfully wasn't as annoying.

Reactions: Sun
Years
It focuses more on defensive stats compared to the others, but that's not to say its stat spread isn't too terrible, and is actually very balanced. And it's of course got that same cute Pikaclone face.

I didn't exactly watch that match in question, but I did hear about its success. And I have actually used Pachirisu in some of my previous playthroughs of D/P/Pt, and it was surprisingly good. Ninjarisu from Marriland's Platinum Nuzlocke was even my fave member of his team, and along with Extremely the Leafeon, they were the only ones who survived the final battle with Cynthia. Both were also the cutest members of the team, so it shows that just because you're small and cute doesn't mean you can't be useful.

pkmin3033

586 - SAWSBUCK

250px-586Sawsbuck-Spring.png

"They migrate according to seasons, so some people call Sawsbuck the harbingers of spring."

Introduced in Generation V and currently the only Normal/Grass type Pokemon in existence including its pre-evolution, Sawsbuck is further unique in that its appearance changes depending upon the season, although unfortunately only its Spring form can be caught outside of the fifth generation titles. It also represents January in the Unova horoscope. Like many Pokemon, Sawsbuck has had only minor appearances in the anime outside of its debut episode, although one was owned by Cilan's rival Burgundy.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Sawsbuck! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Which form of Sawsbuck is your favourite, and why?
  • If you were to give Sawsbuck forms additional moves based upon their appearance (similar to how Rotom can learn different moves depending upon its form) what would you choose to give them?

There will be a bigger image as soon as imgur stops being a useless piece of shit and actually moves past the uploading stage...so, tomorrow morning probably.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Which form of Sawsbuck is your favourite, and why?
I like the autumn form

If you were to give Sawsbuck forms additional moves based upon their appearance (similar to how Rotom can learn different moves depending upon its form) what would you choose to give them

I never thought about that O: I think a secret power move for sawas buck would be interesting, but classifying Spring, and Fall as types can be difficult. Seeing Winter and Summer as Ice and Fire is easy.

Adam Levine

Years

The Winter Form. It just looks so majestic.

If you were to give Sawsbuck forms additional moves based upon their appearance (similar to how Rotom can learn different moves depending upon its form) what would you choose to give them?

How about ones that depend on where you catch it, much like West and East Sea Shellos and Gastrodon? They would also have different movesets and stats.

Years
They each have their unique traits, but my fave is the Winter Form since I love that white fur that grows on it. It looks like it's wearing a nice furry coat to make it warm.

If you were to give Sawsbuck forms additional moves based upon their appearance (similar to how Rotom can learn different moves depending upon its form) what would you choose to give them?
I'd probably give a Fire move to the Summer one (maybe Flare Blitz or Flame Charge) and an Ice move (like Ice Shard) to the Winter form. Like what a poster above said, Spring and Autumn do look hard to categorize.

pkmin3033

642 - THUNDURUS

240px-642Thundurus.png
240px-642Thundurus-Therian.png

"As it flies around, it shoots lightning all over the place and causes forest fires. It is therefore disliked."

Thunder! Thunder! Thundurus, hoooo! One of the Forces of Nature alongside Tornadus and Landorus introduced in Generation V, Thundurus is a roaming Legendary found in Pokemon White, and by soaring in the sky in Alpha Sapphire. Whilst it was not available in White, a Therian form was introduced in Black 2 and White 2 via the Dream Radar add-on. Due to its Prankster ability, impressive speed, and access to Nasty Plot, Thundurus is a fairly popular Pokemon in the OU metagame. In the anime, Thundurus has made two major appearances alongside its fellow genies, as the target of Team Rocket's schemes in Best Wishes.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Thundurus! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What did you think of Thundurus' therian form when it was introduced?
  • If you had it: how long did it take you catch roaming Thundurus in Pokemon White?
  • Thundurus vs. Tornadus: if they were actually left to battle it out in the anime, who do you think would win?

I decided I like smaller images better for multi-form Pokemon, so we'll be going with these now. Also, for some days next week the POTD will be pre-determined rather than randomized by a fickle generator. Stay tuned :3

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
What did you think of Thundurus' therian form when it was introduced?
I kind of like it! Not my favorite, but it certainly is neat looking.

If you had it: how long did it take you catch roaming Thundurus in Pokemon White?
Didn't take long, actually. I even saved my master ball for it! :D

Thundurus vs. Tornadus: if they were actually left to battle it out in the anime, who do you think would win?
I'm biased, but I think Thundurus would win!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
That it looked alot better than Thundurus' original form
If you had it: how long did it take you catch roaming Thundurus in Pokemon White?
Haha for me it was way too long! idk why it took so long but i could never get him in the pokeball eventhough i had status effect and false swipe nope just wouldnt go in the ultra ball
Thundurus vs. Tornadus: if they were actually left to battle it out in the anime, who do you think would win?
Thundurus cause its got its typing on its side plus better moves in my opinion and more options Tornadus cant learn that many moves that could hurt Thundurus despite its ability to learn alot of cool ones like iron tail and hurricane.

PageEmp

Years
I originally thought it was weird, but at least it looks better than a random blue genie thing.

0 hours. (I never picked white, and probably never will.)

pkmin3033

011 - METAPOD

250px-011Metapod.png

"This Pokémon is vulnerable to attack while its shell is soft, exposing its weak and tender body."

Maximum hardness, Metapod! One of four Cocoon Pokemon – and the first one in the National Pokedex – Metapod is a fairly self-explanatory Pokemon, being the chrysalis stage between Caterpie and Butterfree. Whilst in later games it has acquired the ability to learn attack moves through Move Tutors, and of course retains the moves it had as a Catepie if evolved, in the games the only move Metapod has ever been able to learn is Harden. Metapod appeared early in the anime, when Ash's Caterpie evolved. It then evolved into Butterfree in the following episode. Since then, it has had minor appearances throughout the series and movies.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Metapod! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Metapod vs. Metapod. Have you done it? Did you win?
  • Yellow eyes or white eyes: which looks better on Metapod? Would you prefer a different eye colour altogether?

I am STILL having problems with imgur, so images will be a little buggy until either I or the site get their act together. Sorry about this!

Adam Levine

Years

IT'S A FREAKING BEARDED DRAGON (or Drayden's true form). WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY?

Not so long. It only took me like two or so tries. Still trying to catch Entei and Latias in HeartGold and Mesprit (that dang thing) in Platinum.

That's a tough choice, considering the fact that the anime doesn't follow game logic sometimes. I guess Landorus will win this one.

Metapod vs. Metapod. Have you done it? Did you win?

I wish I did now. That would be super fun, especially with the Eviolite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back