• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
So tell me why Luvdisc didn't end up evolving into Alomomola?

I actually really like the simplistic design of Luvdisc. I haven't used one before because I don't tend to use single stage evolved Pokemon, but perhaps if I did some sort of challenge then that would force me to use Luvdisc.

Were you amongst those who believed that Gen V's Alomomola would be an evolution of Luvdisc?

Nah. It seemed possible at first, but I just couldn't see them taking such an obvious choice and giving it a new evolution two generations later.

Mega Luvdisc. How do you envision this?
Something like this..
Spoiler:

pkmin3033

592 - FRILLISH

600px-592Frillish.png

"If its veil-like arms stun and wrap a foe, that foe will be dragged miles below the surface, never to return."

Today's Pokemon of the Day is Frillish! Introduced in Gen V, Frillish and its evolution are the first – and currently only – dual Water/Ghost type Pokemon. An ominous jellyfish Pokemon found along most routes with a body of water and in a few towns as well, Frillish has access to a wide variety of moves and a decent speed stat, although it is nonetheless not as popular in Little Cup format battles as other Pokemon. Both the male and female versions of Frillish have had minor recurring roles in the anime, being owned by Trip and Jessie respectively in the Best Wishes season.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Frillish! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Which Frillish design is your favourite?
  • Currently, no other Pokemon have the same type combination as Frillish. Has this inspired you to use it in games? Is Water/Ghost a type combination you would like to see more Pokemon have in the future?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Frillish is a pretty cool Pokemon but I've always like its evolution especially the male one since it looks like the Pringles mascot. I wished they didn't give it such a redundant hidden ability just so it could be a bit more versatile in battle.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Which Frillish design is your favourite?

I seriously don't know. They both look so adorable and can't decide. When it comes to Jellicent, though, Male is the obvious answer.

Killua

female

Currently, no other Pokemon have the same type combination as Frillish. Has this inspired you to use it in games? Is Water/Ghost a type combination you would like to see more Pokemon have in the future?
yes and no respectively

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
- I would say the male one but there is no real particular reason other than i like its color scheme better than the female one lol

Currently, no other Pokemon have the same type combination as Frillish. Has this inspired you to use it in games? Is Water/Ghost a type combination you would like to see more Pokemon have in the future?
- I still have never used it as I just don't find it to be an attractive option though i do hope to see its typing later on again as i really do like it.

I also must say that this Pokemon and its evolution always frustrated the crap out of me when i played BW! so dang hard to beat. Never had any electric or Psychic types on my team. Such a nightmare!

Years
The male one. I like the color blue, and male Frillish's mildly shocked expression. ^_^

I have never raised a Frillish before... I actually don't find myself raising Ghost types much at all. More Water/Ghost Pokemon could be created, since many deep sea creatures look ethereal/otherworldly. It would be cool if it could be... y'know...some sea critter that actually looks spooky?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
The female, but for it's evo I prefer the male.

Currently, no other Pokemon have the same type combination as Frillish. Has this inspired you to use it in games?
I dunno but I would like to use one because of it's typing.

pkmin3033

202 - WOBBUFFET

600px-202Wobbuffet.png

"It desperately tries to keep its black tail hidden. It is said to be proof the tail hides a secret."

WOBBUFFET! First introduced in Generation II, Wobbuffet is the ultimate passive Pokemon, being unable to actually attack an opponent unless it is attacked first or unless it has exhausted all the PP and can only Struggle. Despite this, it has some utility, thanks to its bulk and Shadow Tag ability. Being one of Jessie's Pokemon, Wobbuffet has made regular appearances in the anime, often only to utter its name at the end of the Team Rocket motto, although every now and again it has been used in battle, often to devastating effect.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Wobbuffet! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Wobbuffet has an infamously small movepool. If you could give it four additional moves, what would you choose and why?
  • What secret do you think Wobbuffet's black tail hides?

Years
mc7oWrv.gif

Wobbuffet has an infamously small movepool. If you could give it four additional moves, what would you choose and why?
I'm sure there could be some good options for Wobbuffet's movepool competitively, but basing it on the Pokemon itself, I think Bide and Explosion would make the most sense as offensive attacks. Other than that, I think Trick and Endure make sense, though you could argue a whole bunch of other status moves here, too.

What secret do you think Wobbuffet's black tail hides?
I've always assumed the black tail is Wobbuffet, and the rest of the body is just an animated punching bag that it controls. That would be a good explaination for it not using many attacks, aside from the ones where it's retaliating against an opponent.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years
Wobbuffet has an infamously small movepool. If you could give it four additional moves, what would you choose and why?

I would like it to have great recovery and defense raises. Give it something like Recover and Iron Defense OR SOMETHING that can nake it at least a little more versatile.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Like the above posters said, Bide, Endure, maybe some defense boosting moves, I suppose.

I dunno. Maybe it's the real poke with the blue part being a moving guard. Maybe something really unexpected.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
mc7oWrv.gif

Wobbuffet has an infamously small movepool. If you could give it four additional moves, what would you choose and why?I'm sure there could be some good options for Wobbuffet's movepool competitively, but basing it on the Pokemon itself, I think Bide and Explosion would make the most sense as offensive attacks. Other than that, I think Trick and Endure make sense, though you could argue a whole bunch of other status moves here, too.

I've always assumed the black tail is Wobbuffet, and the rest of the body is just an animated punching bag that it controls. That would be a good explaination for it not using many attacks, aside from the ones where it's retaliating against an opponent.

I haven't thought on that direction, you know like Wobby with Explosion, Bide, Endure etc.. But it really make sense for sure. :o

Elektra C and I were actually talking about Wobby the other day, we agreed that the real identity of Wobby is the 'tail' or at least that's what we call it, tail. Look at his 'eyes' expressions from its blue body, it doesn't even change when it's sad or threatened.

The black tail as Wobbuffet's identity is also subtly reflected by Wobbuffet's choice of habitat. See following dex entries.

Johto Pokedex said:
Gold: It hates light and shock. If attacked, it inflates its body to pump up its counterstrike.
Silver: To keep its pitch-black tail hidden, it lives quietly in the darkness. It is never first to attack.
Crystal: In order to conceal its black tail, it lives in a dark cave and only moves about at night.

Hoenn Pokedex said:
Ruby: If two or more Wobbuffet meet, they will turn competitive and try to outdo the other's endurance. However, they may try to see which one can endure the longest without food. Trainers need to beware of this habit.
Sapphire: Wobbuffet does nothing but endure attacks - it won't attack on its own. However, it won't endure an attack on its tail. When that happens, the Pokémon will try to take the foe with it using Destiny Bond.
Emerald: Usually docile, a Wobbuffet strikes back ferociously if its black tail is attacked. It makes its lair in caves where it waits for nightfall.

A little off-topic, if Mega Wobbuffet was made, I'd like to the design to be inspired from No-face.

[content-warn=a slightly scary image]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

pkmin3033

668 - PYROAR

600px-668Pyroar.png

"With fiery breath of more than 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, they viciously threaten any challenger. The females protect the pride's cubs."

Everything the light touches is our kingdom.Today's Pokemon of the Day is Pyroar! Based off a lion and sharing Slowking's classification as the Royal Pokemon, Pyroar was first introduced in Generation VI, and is currently the only dual Normal/Fire type Pokemon. Together with its pre-evolution Litleo, it is also the only Pokemon capable of learning Noble Roar. Pyroar is also one of few Pokemon to have a noticeably different design between male and female. Thus far, Pyroar has only appeared under the control of Lysandre in the Mega Evolution special episodes – where it did little but growl threateningly at two mega-evolved Pokemon – and in the first episode of the XYZ arc, due to air in the US in three days time!

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Pyroar! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Which Pyroar design do you prefer?
  • Despite Pyroar having a signature move in Noble Roar and being the only Normal/Fire type, it sits comfortably in the NU tier. What would you do to improve it and make it more competitive for higher tiers?

Adam Levine

Years
Which Pyroar design do you prefer?

This is a little hard, but I'll give this one to the Male design. The Female one reminds me of Katy Perry...

Also Lysandre looks sexy with that mane as well.

Years
Not gonna lie, when X and Y came out, I spent a good half an hour on Route 22 just looking for a male Litleo that I could eventually evolve into a Pyroar. Not that I dislike the female's design, but Pyroar was what I always wanted in a lion Pokemon, especially after being disappointed by the Shinx family.

blue

gucci
Years
Looking back now, I'm not enteirly sure why I never used Pyroar on my team.

The male design for sure. I just find that the male design looks way more fierce than the female, even though that's probably how it is intended to be.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years

Tbh the female I think it looks alot more elegant and less intimidating eventhough the males design is pretty cool ^^

pkmin3033

99 - KINGLER

099Kingler.png

"The large pincer has 10000 hp of crushing power. However, its huge size makes it unwieldy to use."

Stop – Crabhammer Time! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Kingler! The evolved form of Krabby, introduced in the first generation, Kingler's most defining trait (and arguably its only defining trait!) is its absolutely gigantic left pincer, which is twice the size of its right-hand one and has the power you would expect of an appendage of that size...and all the unwieldiness, too. It comes as no surprise that, packing a punch like that, it has the highest base attack stat of any non-Legendary, non-Mega evolved Water-type Pokemon...althoug unfortunately the rest of its stats let it down, and it has some serious competition in Pokemon with greater utility. Kingler was used briefly by Giovanni in the anime during his Gym Battle with Gary – where it was stomped by an Arcanine, of all things – and then again during Ash's Viridian Gym battle, where it fared poorly. Its most defining moment was during the Indigo League, however, when it evolved from Ash's Krabby in the first round and saw him through several battles.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Kingler! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Do you think there are any left-handed Kingler out there?
  • If Kingler could actually fully utilise its gigantic pincer, how powerful do you think it would be?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Ah yeah! I love this Pokemon! one of my favorite members of Ash's team, I really wish it would've been used more. Though I haven't been able to use it in a game yet (so hard to find Krabby sometimes) I will at some point soon!

Question 1: I have never really thought about it befoer but I think it is definitely possible!

Question 2: Oh man, seeing what it could do with an unwieldy claw in the anime and in the games, I can only imagine what it could do with one that it can actually wield! that thing would be devastating! definitely wouldn't want to get hit by one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back