• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
tumblr_ma26y8UUBb1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

How long did it take you to catch Entei in the second generation games and first generation remakes?
To be honest, I don't think I ever caught Entei in Pokemon Gold, though it was the second of the three legendary beasts I caught in HeartGold. As for FireRed, I was lucky I selected Bulbasaur, since that's the only way you can come across Entei. I remember having some trouble getting a hold of it, as it would always flee even though it was asleep, haha.

If Raikou, Entei and Suicune had a race, who do you think would win?
I can't remember any of the three's stats, but I'd probably end up giving it to Raikou, followed by Suicune and then Entei. I'd probably want to avoid Entei the most though, since it's built like a linebacker, even if it isn't as fast as the other two.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
How do you feel about Starly, compared to other Normal/Flying types from previous generations?
I quite like it a lot, I think possibly of all the birds I like it the most, since I used the line a few times and impressed me, so I like them all... Except Staravia. H8 Staravia.

If Raikou, Entei and Suicune had a race, who do you think would win?
I'd say Raikou as it has the highest base speed amongst the 3.

pkmin3033

25 - PIKACHU

20130810072317%21025Pikachu.png

"When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms."

Happy Anniversary, Pokemon! In celebration of the 20th Anniversary, today's Pokemon of the Day is the mascot of the franchise, Pikachu! As the mascot of the Pokemon franchise, Pikachu has been on almost every kind of merchandise imaginable, has been the figurehead for several video games – including main series title Pokemon Yellow, N64 game Hey You, Pikachu!, and most recently Detective Pikachu – and has had a constant starring role in the anime, being the ace of the protagonist Ash Ketchum. With several variant designs, and a whole sleuth of "Pikaclones" which pop up each generation, love it or hate it, Pikachu has been a huge part of Pokemon's history, and will likely remain so until the franchise is no more.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Pikachu! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Which of the various alternate designs of Pikachu is your favourite?
  • What is your opinion of Pikachu as a mascot for the series? Is there another Pokemon you would have chosen from the first generation to fill this role instead?
  • Have you ever met someone who doesn't know what a Pikachu is?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
How long did it take you to catch Entei in the second generation games and first generation remakes?

Forever. Still haven't caught it...

Which of the various alternate designs of Pikachu is your favourite?

When it comes to design, it's probably the Pikachu Belle. Seriously, that thing is freaking adorable. When it comes to moveset, however, Pikachu Rock Star is my favorite. I like Meteor Mash.

Years
Forgive me Meloetta for I have failed you. ;w; I really gotta make it a habit to post on this thread daily.

Which of the various alternate designs of Pikachu is your favourite?They're all so cute, but I suppose I would have to say I like Pop Star Pikachu the most because of how disgustingly adorable it is. xD
Spoiler:

What is your opinion of Pikachu as a mascot for the series? Is there another Pokemon you would have chosen from the first generation to fill this role instead?
I genuinely love Pikachu with all my heart and wouldn't have any other Pokemon be the mascot of the franchise. Anyone who doesn't like Pikachu for whatever reason can fite me 1v1 in Smash. No items. Pikachu only. Final Destination. >:T I suppose if it had to be another Gen 1 Pokemon, it would be some other cute Pokemon such as Clefairy?

Have you ever met someone who doesn't know what a Pikachu is? I don't think so... Even the elderly can probably recall it as "one of them Pokeymans." xD Pikachu really is a pop culture icon that will probably live in in some form even after Pokemon dies.

... Aww what the heck, I think I'm gonna download the VC rerelease of Pokemon Yellow even though I still have a working cartridge. Maybe I'll use some 'mons I raise in it later this year in Pokemon Moon.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Which of the various alternate designs of Pikachu is your favourite?

Out of the cosplay Pikachus, I would have to say Pikachu Ph. D! It has such a dorky outfit and just imagining a Pikachu writing a thesis and doing quantum physics or other complex work is great. I also really like the Pikachu design in Smash where it was wearing goggles, if that counts!

What is your opinion of Pikachu as a mascot for the series? Is there another Pokemon you would have chosen from the first generation to fill this role instead?

I think Pikachu's perfect for the series! I wouldn't have minded another cute pokemon being the mascot though? Eevee, Clefairy, Poliwag, Growlithe... there are a lot of other good choices but I still think I'd prefer Pikachu over all of them.

Have you ever met someone who doesn't know what a Pikachu is?

My grandparents and a few of my other older relatives! Pikachu's an iconic figure though, so I'm not surprised that most people have a vague idea of what it is.

pkmin3033

121 - STARMIE

600px-121Starmie.png

"Its central core glows with the seven colors of the rainbow. Some people value the core as a gem."

Damn you, Misty. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Starmie! A mysterious star-shaped Pokemon with the ability to fly through the air like a spinning disc, Starmie is one of a handful of Pokemon that evolves through use of Water Stone, which made it unobtainable in the wild until the fifth generation, where it suddenly started appearing on higher level routes. It's typing and varied movepool have made it a favoured Pokemon in competitive battling for several generations now, especially as a Rapid Spin user. In the anime, Starmie was mostly seen under the control of Misty as one of her stronger Pokemon, and the only one that was fully evolved for some time. It was also used by Gym Leader Rudy against Ash in the Orange Islands arc.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Starmie! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How much trouble did Misty's Starmie give you in the Generation I games and their remakes?

• Some people believe that Starmie is an extraterrestrial Pokemon, because of its habit of sending transmissions skyward. What do YOU think? Who do you think Starmie is trying to contact, and why?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
How much trouble did Misty's Starmie give you in the Generation I games and their remakes?
Lol when you pick charmander you immediately regret it first rock types now theres a freaking starmie that kills anything in its way :3 and it was just as tough in the remakes so i kinda just kept trying and trying and trying :o

Some people believe that Starmie is an extraterrestrial Pokemon, because of its habit of sending transmissions skyward. What do YOU think? Who do you think Starmie is trying to contact, and why?
Its likely~ I mean it doesnt exactly look like a normal anything plus the transmissions and the jewel but if it was id say it would be contacting some other planet likely over 90% water and chatting it up with them.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Some people believe that Starmie is an extraterrestrial Pokemon, because of its habit of sending transmissions skyward. What do YOU think? Who do you think Starmie is trying to contact, and why?

My best guess is that it's an alien. It doesn't have a gender, it has a freaking gem for an eye, and it's quite literally a sea STAR. But what is it trying to contact? Its alien overlord or something. Why? Missions, I suppose.

But I thought of something else.

Starmie don't belong in outer space; only Staryu do. Due to the radiation of the Water Stone, found exclusively in the Pokémon world, it then evolves into Starmie.

pkmin3033

673 - GOGOAT

600px-673Gogoat.png

"They inhabit mountainous regions. The leader of the herd is decided by a battle of clashing horns."

Who's that trip-trapping over my bridge? Today's Pokemon of the Day is Gogoat! One of the first Generation VI Pokemon revealed, alongside its pre-evolution and a small handful of others, Gogoat is one of the few Pokemon that you can actually ride on in X and Y which, whilst not an entirely new concept – after all, surfing on Pokemon has been a thing since the first generation – was a first for the series, at least on land. Indeed, Gogoat seems to have been designed with this concept in mind, for its horns give it the ability to sense the feelings of the one who grips them. In the anime Gogoat appeared early on as one of Alexa's Pokemon.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Gogoat! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Do you prefer Gogoat's original shiny colouration that was shown in the E3 pre-release footage, or the shiny colours it ended up with?
  • Did you enjoy riding on Gogoat in XY? Are there other Pokemon you'd like to ride on in future games?

Years
How much trouble did Misty's Starmie give you in the Generation I games and their remakes?
I struggle to remember the details my very first Red/Blue runs... But I don't think Misty's Starmie gave me all that much trouble. I think I probably raised a Pikachu I caught from Viridian Forest to take on the second gym. Misty's Starmie could have been more trouble if it had any psychic moves at its disposal.

I have no earthly idea... I've never been one for concocting Poke-therories. xD Maybe it's trying to contact Homeworld?

Do you prefer Gogoat's original shiny colouration that was shown in the E3 pre-release footage, or the shiny colours it ended up with?
I like the shiny colors we ended up with. The pre-release colors weren't really all that different than a standard Gogoat. Generally I like shiny color schemes that differ in hue a bit compared to the normal colors. The golden horns are cool~

Did you enjoy riding on Gogoat in XY? Are there other Pokemon you'd like to ride on in future games?
Honestly it wasn't all the memorable an experience to ride the Gogoats for me. I got more a kick out of riding the other Pokemon such as Rhyhorn, Mamoswine, and especially Lapras. I would love more specific Pokemon models to be incorporated in the future when surfing or traversing tricky terrain... Basically any sizable quadruped would be cool. Maybe even legendaries?!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Gogoat brings some good memories. Though I've only used the Pokemon once in a playthrough, my current one, it has wuickly become one of my favorites on the team and in general. Solid Pokemon and the horns sensing your feelings are awesome

Did you enjoy riding on Gogoat in XY? Are there other Pokemon you'd like to ride on in future games?
- I think that is great though I wish there was a larger area for you to ride on them so you could explore a little more while riding on them.

pkmin3033

351 - CASTFORM

351Castform.png

"Its appearance changes with the weather. Recently, its molecules were found to be just like water."

Blame it on the weatherman. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Castform! First introduced in Gen III, Castform was one of the first Pokemon to have form differences, with one for Sunny, Rainy, and Hail weather conditions, which change its type, and the type of its signature Weather Ball move. Unsurprisingly, Castform is able to facilitate changes in the weather itself in battle. In the anime, Castform's only major appearance was at the Weather Institute in Hoenn, where it is also attained by the player in the games.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Castform! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Castform does not change its form in Fog or a Sandstorm. How would you design forms for these weather conditions?
  • Castform's alternate forms do not have shiny colours. If you could change this, what colours would you give them?

Years
Castform does not change its form in Fog or a Sandstorm. How would you design forms for these weather conditions?
To me, the Snowy Form actually looks like something that would suit foggy weather. I would have that design be for Fog, and then remake the Snowy Form to look more icy... Perhaps like a snowflake? Sandstorm would be brownish in color, and perhaps have some rocks decorating its head. It would have little swirly yellowish clouds around it like a tiny sandstorm or something.

Castform's alternate forms do not have shiny colours. If you could change this, what colours would you give them?
Sunny Form could be more yellow... Rainy, I don't know... It seems like one of those Pokemon that would have a shiny with just a slightly different hue for the color. xD Snowy could be lighter in color or closer to white.

pkmin3033

047 - PARASECT

047Parasect.png

"A host-parasite pair in which the parasite mushroom has taken over the host bug. Prefers damp places."

Today's Pokemon of the Day is Parasect! The result of a bug/plant fusion gone horribly awry, and the first of many Mushroom Pokemon to appear in the games, Parasect has always been relatively uncommon, being found in the wild only in Kanto and Johto, and then only in three locations – Cerulean Cave and the Safari Zone, and Mt. Silver Cave in Crystal only. Despite China not technically existing on Pokearth, Parasect's mushroom spores are actually used as medicine there, according to Pokemon Stadium. Along with its pre-evolved form, Parasect is also the only Pokemon that can take 5x damage from fire-type attacks if it has the Dry Skin ability. In the anime, Parasect has never featured prominently, appearing only in minor roles, usually to unleash a spore of some kind on someone for getting too close.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Parasect! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What sort of instincts do you think drive the mushroom on Parasect's back?
  • Given Parasect's poisonous nature – and overwhelming aversion to Fire - if given the chance, would you change one of its types to Poison? If so, which of its existing types would you change?

Reactions: EC

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Good old Parasect. The first time I played through LeafGreen I used one. Became a dependable chap. Using one in Blue currently.

As for the typing, yeah, I could see how some would want it to be Grass/Poison, since some mushrooms are poisonous.

pkmin3033

441 - CHATOT

600px-441Chatot.png

"Its tongue is just like a human's. As a result, it can cleverly mimic human speech."

Hey Jafar, shut up! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Chatot! A Normal/Flying bird introduced in Generation IV, Chatot's signature move, Chatter, allowed players to record a sound to play in place of the default attack sound, reflecting its ability to learn human speech...or any other sound it might happen to hear. Unfortunately for Chatot, this move is probably what caused it to be banned from Gen V's Global Battle Union. Chatot also featured prominently in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky, serving as Guildmaster Wigglytuff's assistant. In the anime, Chatot has only had minor roles, often being the annoying lifelong companion of the Character of the Day.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Chatot! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Did you record a sound for Chatter? If so, what sound did you do?
  • What did you think of the Chatot in the second Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles?

Some unpopular choices lately I think. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The only Chatot I've come into contact with is Pearl's partner in the Pokémon Adventures Diamond & Pearl manga saga. It talked and stuff but didn't impress me a lot I guess d: Chatot unfortunately is one of those pokémon I easily forget exist. I guess as far as parrot pokémon could have gone though, it's pretty decently designed and stuff c:

Years
What sort of instincts do you think drive the mushroom on Parasect's back?
Um... The need.... the need to feed and leech off another living being. The actual insect part of Parasect probably doesn't live for itself much anymore, since the mushroom takes over the insect.

Given Parasect's poisonous nature – and overwhelming aversion to Fire - if given the chance, would you change one of its types to Poison? If so, which of its existing types would you change?
I suppose it would make sense for it to be Bug/Poison, but Parasect doesn't really learn any good offensive Poison moves... But at least Fire won't be as devastating anymore?

Did you record a sound for Chatter? If so, what sound did you do?
Gosh it's been almost ten years since Diamond and Pearl released. I probably made Chatot say something stupid. xD

What did you think of the Chatot in the second Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles?
He was alright... not as cool as Wigglytuff, obviously. He was kinda hotheaded and a quick to judge sometimes, like that one time the player character and their partner failed a mission and he made them go to sleep without eating supper. Tough love... I guess? Deep down he cared about the Guild members, even if he was rather strict about enforcing the rules.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Given Parasect's poisonous nature – and overwhelming aversion to Fire - if given the chance, would you change one of its types to Poison? If so, which of its existing types would you change?
I'd change grass. I think it probably learns more physical bug stab than physical grass stab.

Did you record a sound for Chatter? If so, what sound did you do?
I don't know if I had evn done that. Maybe on someone elses game, but I really doubt I've caught those things myself in DPPt, I only caught em in like gen6 where the recording voice function didn't really work.

What did you think of the Chatot in the second Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles?
I didn't really like him much. I don't know why, I just wasn't too fond of him ;-;.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back