• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I think cacnea is a bit of a disappointing pokemon. i like the idea behind it, but i didn't find it too usable. makes me sad as i'm always so accepting of any grass type :'(

maractus over cacnea any day

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Cacnea vs. Maractus: which of the Cactus Pokemon is your favourite, and why? Would you like to see the two linked together with a branching evolution in the future? If so, what form do you think this would take?

Cacnea looks cute and fat, but Maractus is my more favorite cactus. It's a cactus with BUNNY EARS.

I don't see an evolutionary link between Cacnea and Maractus, because Maractus is a much more musical plant than Cacnea, and they don't really look anything like each other.

Years

468 - TOGEKISS

468.png

"As everyone knows, it visits peaceful regions, bringing them gifts of kindness and sweet blessings."

I would never Togekiss and tell! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Togekiss! Introduced in the fourth generation, it is the final evolution of two previously known Pokémon: Togepi and Togetic. While originally introduced as a Normal/Flying type Pokémon, it dropped its Normal typing in favor of Fairy in the sixth generation along with a number of other Pokémon. While Togepi may be the most well-known of the famiky due to its early anime appearances, a Togekiss under the ownership of Princess Salvia (and later Dawn) was featured a number of times in the Sinnoh saga.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Togekiss! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Togekiss is said to share gifts with people in peaceful regions. What kind of things do you think it brings?
  • Togetic can only evolve into Togekiss via Shiny Stone. Are you happy with this, or would you prefer a different form of evolution?

Years
After a bit of a delay, the Pokemon of the Day is back! And just a heads up, but I'll be taking over the Pokemon of the Day temporarily while Meloetta is away. If any of you would like to see certain Pokemon featured, just let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Adam Levine

Years
Togekiss is said to share gifts with people in peaceful regions. What kind of things do you think it brings?

Probably an agricultural or precious gift.

Togetic can only evolve into Togekiss via Shiny Stone. Are you happy with this, or would you prefer a different form of evolution?

I'm quite satisfied with it. After seeing how painful Togepi is to evolve, we finally get a break and evolve the easy way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I think Togekiss is a perfect representation of a pokemon given new life and it done right.

honestly past gen2 i never thought of togepi or togetic... even in that gen i would usually ditch the togepi egg the prof gave you. With the addition of togekiss i decided i would try out the line again and it was amazing. togekiss plowed through everything and this is before it dropped normal type for fairy. togekiss has a fairy decent design and it's very usable, i think it brought togepi back from being just that cute pokemon from the anime

Years

357 - TROPIUS

357-Tropius.png

"It flies by flapping its broad leaves and gives the sweet, delicious fruit around its neck to children."

Is that a banana on your neck, or are you just happy to see me? Today's Pokemon of the Day is Tropius! Found in the heart of Hoenn, Tropius is a large, airborne Grass type Pokémon, that shares a typing combination with only the Jumpluff family. While it only had a few appearances in the anime, Sapphire owns a Tropius named Troppy in Pokemon Adventures- one of the more popular manga series. Tropius also has the unique distinction of being the first Pokémon to ever be distributed in a Cherish Ball.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Tropius! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Currently a single stage Pokémon, would you like to see Tropius gain a new evolution/mega evolution, or are you happy with it as is?
  • The fruits around Tropius' neck are loved by both humans and Pokémon alike. If you had the chance, would you ever like to try one?

Years

ARIEL

F24u3ON.png

"I just don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad."

So how does she get a man without her voice? Today's Princess of the Day is Ariel! Born the youngest of seven daughters to King Triton and Queen Athena, Ariel is originally portrayed as a teenager who wants to leave her life in the sea behind (with a little "help" from Ursula) for a chance to marry a human prince- Eric. After she fulfills her dream, she eventually has a daughter named Melody, who has a love for the sea much like she did the land.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of The Little Mermaid and Ariel! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Would you ever give up your voice (or something comparable) to get any wish that you wanted?
  • Ariel appeared in both a sequel and prequel to the Little Mermaid in 2000, and 2008 respectively. Were you happy with the new movies, or do you think that the original should have been the end of the story?

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Ariel probably is one of my favorite princesses along with Rapunzel. :) She's really different from the three princesses before her, who were timid, whereas Ariel was more passionate, curious and in charge of her own life based on her moral compass which I really like as I relate to her a lot. Also Part Of Your World is one of my most favorite Disney songs, and the reprise has to be one of my favorite scenes in any disney movie!

I wouldn't exchange my voice even for something I really want. :P It would have more consequences in the end anyway being a singer myself haha. The sequel was okay in my opinion, and I've never watched the prequel. It feels a bit weird to see Ariel as a mother figure haha.

Years
I would give up my very soul for a minimum of one million dollars in cash money.

Like many Disney movie sequels save for perhaps Lion King II, The Little Mermaid sequels were ultimately forgettable.

Years

447 - RIOLU

5G2D54C.png

"It uses the shapes of auras, which change according to emotion, to communicate with others. "

I'm a real rock n' Riolu! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Riolu! Despite being introduced during the fourth generation, the prevolution of Lucario is hard to find in Sinnoh. With its appearances in the wild in Unova, Kalos, and Johto, some speculate that Riolu isn't native to Sinnoh at all. Riolu have shown up a number of times in the anime, with the most notable appearance coming from a Riolu that knew Aura Sphere in a two-part special episode.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Riolu! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Do you believe in the theory that Riolu aren't native to Sinnoh? If so, where do you think they come from?
  • Riolu is the only baby Pokémon to be introduced in the same generation as its evolution. Do you think it deserved this distinction, or should it have been made a regular first-stage Pokémon?

Adam Levine

Years
Currently a single stage Pokémon, would you like to see Tropius gain a new evolution/mega evolution, or are you happy with it as is?

Please give it a Mega Evolution. It needs some love.

The fruits around Tropius' neck are loved by both humans and Pokémon alike. If you had the chance, would you ever like to try one?

Oh, yeah. Mmm...

Ariel. Hmm...

Would you ever give up your voice (or something comparable) to get any wish that you wanted?

Yes. I don't feel like talking anymore.

Do you believe in the theory that Riolu aren't native to Sinnoh? If so, where do you think they come from?

This is a theory? They're native to every region since the one they're introduced in!

Riolu is the only baby Pokémon to be introduced in the same generation as its evolution. Do you think it deserved this distinction, or should it have been made a regular first-stage Pokémon?

Wrong. Togepi also has this distinction. However, I think Riolu shouldn't have been a baby, because no one likes baby Pokémon.

Years

595 - JOLTIK

2595-Shiny-Joltik.png

"Since it can't generate its own electricity, it sticks onto large-bodied Pokémon and absorbs static electricity."

Joltik pun goes here! Yes, that's really all I've got. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Joltik! One of the smallest Pokémon in existence, Joltik aren't known to grow any larger than 4 inches (10 cm) prior to evolution. In fact, it is too small to create electricity of its own- it either latches on to larger Pokémon to collect its static electricity, or steals it from electrical wires or sockets in buildings, storing it in a pouch in its body. A number of Joltik have appeared in the anime, including a large number of them in Chargestone Cave when Team Rocket was stealing the magnetic rocks inside.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Joltik! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Seeing as a Joltik can fit in the plam of your hands, would you ever consider owning one as a pet if you could?
  • Joltik are known to steal the electricity from people's homes. What would you do if you saw these furry bugs hanging around your house?

Adam Levine

Years
Seeing as a Joltik can fit in the plam of your hands, would you ever consider owning one as a pet if you could?

Over my dead body. The thing's a menace.

Joltik are known to steal the electricity from people's homes. What would you do if you saw these furry bugs hanging around your house?

BURN THE HOUSE DOWN. LITERALLY.

Years

192 - SUNFLORA

192.png

"As the hot season approaches, the petals on this Pokémon's face become more vivid and lively."

Here comes the Sun-flora! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Sunflora! A sometimes over looked Pokémon, Sunflora was introduced in the second generation with its previous form, Sunkern. Despite its less than impressive stats, Sunflora have shown up quite a few times in the anime, including Johto's Sunflora Festival, and as one of the many disguises of Meowth. A Sunflora named Sunbo was also owned by Gold in the Pokemon Adventures manga.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Sunflora! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Despite being a final evolution, Sunflora is still a largely unused Pokémon. What would you change to make it more useful?
  • Sunflora are said to go completely still when there's no sunlight around. What do you think would happen if you tried battling with one at night?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I used to have some type of fascination with Sunflora. I want to say it is because I never saw or heard much about it when playing the games, but later on after watching the anime I became familiar with it and Sunflora is no longer as fascinating as it used to be </3 I do like its design, however, and I used one briefly when I first played Black 2.

So being that they are still at night (and any other dark place, I presume), I imagine they have some sort of defense mechanism that allows them to store a reserve of energy from the sunlight during the day, and they can access that energy reserve at night if need be.

Adam Levine

Years
Despite being a final evolution, Sunflora is still a largely unused Pokémon. What would you change to make it more useful?

Give it some stat boosts and a new typing, or a Mega. If Audino can have one, so can Sunflora!

Sunflora are said to go completely still when there's no sunlight around. What do you think would happen if you tried battling with one at night?

It's like battling a piece of cardboard. That can die.

Years

547 - WHIMSICOTT

547.png

"Like the wind, it can slip through any gap, no matter how small."

Why can't you be like Whimsicott? Today's Pokemon of the Day is Whimsicott! Introduced in the Unova region along side Cottonee, Whimsicott is a fluffy Pokemon covered in cotton that loves to play jokes and pranks on people. Because it can easily slip through cracks in windows and doorways, it will sometimes leave behind balls of cotton in homes for unsuspecting people. While it hasn't had a feature role yet, Whimsicott has appeared a handful of times in both the anime and manga.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Whimsicott! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• After being introduced as a pure Grass type, Whimsicott gained a secondary Fairy typing in generation 6. Were you happy with this addition?
  • Whimsicott shares a lot of similarities with the Hoppip family. Do you think there should've been any changes to Whimsicott to seperate it a bit more, or you happy with it as it is?

Years
The best Pokémon finally has time to shine! :D

After being introduced as a pure Grass type, Whimsicott gained a secondary Fairy typing in generation 6. Were you happy with this addition?
Absolutely. Fairy easily became one of my favorite types and there were little other choices that made as much sense as Whimsicott for its secondary typing. It's gotten a lot more usability in-game with access to moves like Moonblast.

Whimsicott shares a lot of similarities with the Hoppip family. Do you think there should've been any changes to Whimsicott to separate it a bit more, or you happy with it as it is?
Although I love Jumpluff, Whimsicott outclasses it in almost every, if not every which, way. Typing-wise it has more offensive usability ever since it became part fairy type and doesn't have 4x ice and 2x Stealth Rock weakness to worry about. That and Whimsicott has Prankster which really really is helpful if you're going competitive, haha.

....but yeah, they are similar. But with over 700 Pokémon you're bound to run into that issue at some point so I'm not bothered and am just happy knowing Whimsicott makes a decent team member and is usable.

Years
After being introduced as a pure Grass type, Whimsicott gained a secondary Fairy typing in generation 6. Were you happy with this addition?
I was actually happy with this since it gave Whimsicott some new resistances, and while it's now extremely weak to Poison (the only Pokemon to have this weakness not counting Bug/Grass under 1st Gen mechanics) it can still use Psychic to counter it, and it's still an amazing status spreader in competitive.

Whimsicott shares a lot of similarities with the Hoppip family. Do you think there should've been any changes to Whimsicott to separate it a bit more, or you happy with it as it is?
I never saw any similarities to Hoppip's line, but at least they didn't make Whimsicott a Flying-type despite learning wind-based moves like Gust, Tailwind and Hurricane. I am happy with what we got right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back