• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokemon and IV Training for Sun and Moon

blue

gucci
Years
  • Nice! I'm really surprised to see so many new Pokemon revealed at this stage. Nonetheless I'm really liking the direction they are taking in terms of design, they all feel really different to past generations. Bounsweet and Wimpod are probably my favourite from this batch, I'm pretty sure they will be getting an evolution based off their appearance.

Sirfetch’d

Adore them all so much! I had a feeling that we'd get a Lei Pokemon and we did! I am super hyped about using it as it's so cool and has an amazing ability :) These Pokemon seem to get better every batch!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Wimpod, Mimikyu and Mudsdale is probably the favorite of my bunch

Also, very interesting abilities. I would like to see Triage see some distribution among Pokemon. Slack Off Slowbro with Triage maybe? Plus Disguise is probably a Mimikyu-only ability.

I wished for gym leaders though for the next news but, news are news.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I love them all! I am really happy they released a new horse based pokemon which I am almost 100% sure is an evolved form of an unknown pokemon and that it is based of a clausdale horse.

I should have known we would get a Lai pokemon, I am surprised I didn't or see anyone else suggest it.

I am going to guess that Wimpod is the 2nd main bug type line and has a pre evo and an evo.

Mimikyu

Glad to see Mimikkyu's English name to be Mimikyu.

Now I adore the thing even more.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think they've done great job introducing new Pokémon, which are unique in their own ways, including some with pretty clever names (Bewear and Comfey, for example). And I think the fact that we can make our very own tourneys might be a good thing too.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think these guys look really cool. Jeez they're not making it easy for me to decide on my team.

So many Pokemon revealed in just this month though. It's definitely giving me the feeling we might be seeing 100+ Pokemon this gen.

Edit: and yay, hopefully we have a Bug/Water type that actually stays Bug/Water when it evolves now.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Of all six of them, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Bewear are my favorites. Wimpod looks slightly laughable but nonetheless intriguing, Bounsweet is peculiar and Comfey is...something else.

Mudsdale looks awesome. Just look at it! It's a Jamaican horse. Mimikyu is adorable and has a nice ability. Bewear, though. Bewear has one of the best name puns out of any Pokémon to date, has a funny cry, and...look at it.

Btw Mimikyu kinda seems like a Digimon. Something like Digitamamon or ExTyrannomon...especially with those bizarrely long claws that emerge from its costume.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Bounsweet, Mimikyu and Wimpod stand out to me for the good reason in terms of design. Bounsweet seems like it's gonna be the Hoppip of this generation though...

Bewear is literally from Five Nights At Freddy's except that it's a doll and not a robot. Comfrey is literally the flower crown snapchat filter LMAO

Mudsdale is...not pleasant to look at. :/

All the new abilities are really interesting and I'd like to see how they'll synergize with the new batch of pokemon.

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
    Years
  • Pokemons are pretty good but I dont like idea of IV training as now everyone would have perfect pokemon!

Years
  • So my thoughts on the new Pokemon...

Wimpod is nice in that we now have a Bug/Water Pokemon other than Surskit, and it appears to learn Struggle Bug. Wimp Out seems to make it able to flee when hit by an attack, as shown when Vikavolt attacked it. That is going to make Wimpod hard to catch in the wild if it'll flee when attacked, like Abra-level difficult to catch.

Bounsweet is really adorable and its design seems to remind me of Cherubi. It appears to learn Magical Leaf, and heck if its evolution line has good stats I may consider it for my Grass-type team member.

Comfey is an even more odd one since it's a lei but is pure Fairy when its design would suggest Grass-type, kinda like Florges. It appears to be able to learn a healing move, which could be Synthesis. Its new ability Triage seems to give increased priority to healing moves.

Mudsdale seems to be the oddball here, with a simple pure Ground-type. Its new ability Stamina raises its Defense when it gets hit by an attack, I guess. Seems to also learn what appears to be a new move that has a horseshoe in its animation.

And as for Mimikyu and Bewear, Mimikyu's Disguise ability allows it to escape damage from an attack once, while Bewear's Fluffy ability makes it take reduced damage from moves that make contact, so sorta like Furfrou's Fur Coat if you look at it.

Don't really like Bewear's cry though because it doesn't really fit a "cute" Pokemon like it appears to be.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Digging the horse, actually. I like it and it has an interesting ability. Less interested in the others but they are cute and I'll see if they get any neat evolutions. I beat Wimpod will get one, so that one I'm particularly interested in. Mudsdale seems like a single-stage to me.

Also dang, Hyper Training guys! IV training! Massive news.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I love Mimikyu's ability. I wonder if it automatically triggers when initially being attacked or if a certain condition needs to be met.

Not sure how I feel about hyper training though... I mean, all I can forsee is another insentive for people to hack in high levels. I know it's an attempt at bringing more people over to the competitive side, but how is a regular player not going to get confused about what training does what? It's hard enough to explain to someone who wants to know. It also kind of defeats the purpose of them being called individial values... Meh.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So my thoughts on the new Pokemon...

Comfey is an even more odd one since it's a lei but is pure Fairy when its design would suggest Grass-type, kinda like Florges. It appears to be able to learn a healing move, which could be Synthesis. Its new ability Triage seems to give increased priority to healing moves.

Out of all of these, Mudsdale is by far my favorite. And probably my favorite out of all the Alola Pokemon currently.

Also, the pokemon isn't a lei pokemon. It is holding a lei. Much like Kleftki and Flabebe. So it might have an evolution similar to that.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Bounsweet is so cute, but otherwise, it doesn't interest me that much. Not going to use it unless it gets a good evolution.

Wimpod is also cute, but I'm not fond of its ability. Nonetheless, I hope it gets an evolution that stays Bug/Water, and that it gets a different ability. Otherwise, I may not bother catching it.

Comfey is a cutie too, and it has a kickass ability as well. Although it looks like it could've been a Fairy/Grass type.

While I'm not a horse person, Mudsdale looks very intriguing. Even more so than the Ponyta line. I'll consider using one, unless the Georilla leak turns out to be true.

As for Bewear and Mimikyu, I'll actually consider them now. But with Bewear, that depends if the Georilla leak is true or not.

And Hyper Training... Keep up the good work, Game Freak!

Last edited:
    Back