• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Periods

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
  • Just out of curiosity, quick interest check on which time periods people ideally would like to RP in and why. I know late 20th and early 21st century tends to be popular, but would there say be interest in WW2-era RP? Maybe something pre-20th century ala Assassins Creed or even something BCE?

Comment, discuss, I'm intrigued for the results.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Anything before the renaissance would be fun to play with I think. Or WWI. WWI is always fun.

Years
  • I honestly don't gravitate towards any one time period over another. I think though that it would be cool to have something in an era that isn't explored with much frequency.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I like dabbling in Victorian/Regency periods because I've read so much content set in them that I feel like it's a shame not to exercise writing in that period's style. Likewise for Renaissance.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I haven't found a nice sci-fi / futuristic RP in a while ); Might be interested in something like that.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • I don't really have any particular preference but most RPs I tend to be in seem to be modern day, just because that's what most RPs are.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of post-world war. But I love Medieval/Renaissance, Ancient history. All that jazz is cool!

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I personally find myself enjoying futuristic worlds a lot more than normal, common-day settings, since the whole 'advanced technology' aspect gives a lot more freedom in terms of story and powers/abilities (for example, RPs like Dust or Titans). On the other hand, I also really enjoy past/historical settings, especially if those have magic. And I'm not talking about the regular fantasy worlds (even though that's the setting Riders is in), I mean worlds such as Gunpowder or Riders - both set in the past (western and victorian respectively).

Back