• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Tips

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Did anyone here actually tip people? It doesn't do anything for you, and is a waste of money, but from a roleplaying perspective you might want to tip.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Almost always the lowest amount, because I usually have more than enough money so I can spare at least that, but not more because it's kind of pointless and it's not like they do something so amazing I feel the need to give more.. Being American kind of makes you conditioned to tip people all the time.

One of the few times I didn't tip though was at that "haunted house". I ain't tippin' for that shit. Was disappointed that nothing happened after not tipping him even though he made it sound like like something would happen =(

Years
  • In the Lumiose City cafes tipping adds to your style rating. I usually tip the max because I've got more money than I can use.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I used to tip the lowest, but after I bought all the clothes in the game and was hella rich I started tipping max. I don't really know why? I just am used to tipping and when I do tip I like to give as much as I can... it's just an American life thing maybe haha.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I never tip at the "haunted house." But I generally tip everywhere else. I just feel bad when I don't... Even if it's the lowest amount, I always feel like I have to tip.

Years
  • I've never given tips to anyone. I once heard the rumor tipping increased the shiny encounter rate, but I caught around six random encounter shinies in the wild (plus one from Poke Radar) and I don't think tipping caused the shinies to happen.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I've never given tips to anyone. I once heard the rumor tipping increased the shiny encounter rate, but I caught around six random encounter shinies in the wild (plus one from Poke Radar) and I don't think tipping caused the shinies to happen.
    I heard that too, somewhere? I've never seen it explicitly confirmed or denied but like. who was I to risk it if it were true haha

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I actually tip all the time, just to be nice to the NPCs, and because I have a ton of money, but usually only once. If I accidently talk to a person twice, I ain't tipping >:O

Back