• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on E4 order

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    seeing as how the Elite Four have been unordered in Gen 5-7 and it seems like that'll be a trend that'll stick (except ORAS, which doesn't count obviously), I'd like to know your thoughts on this. It arguably makes the E4 easier, since it's no longer possible for them to have progressively higher levels, but is that something you care about? Would you prefer Game Freak revert to the more difficult ordered E4, or do you prefer the new style?

Interested in hearing some opinions.

Years
    It's probably me being nostalgic, but I prefer just being forced into the next room and facing an E4 member with higher level Pokemon each time. Although, I don't really have anything against the new style and think it's pretty cool.

Years
    I know nostalgia purists who loved the set order are going to call me out for this, but I actually like the "choose your order" type of Elite Four, since I feel they should all be equal level and it's better to prepare your team, like start with the one who gives your team the most trouble and then get to the easy ones.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I prefer fighting them consecutively with each member being slightly tougher than the previous. Having the choice isn't a huge issue, I did like the layout of Sun & Moon's Elite Four after all. Though, I think it's safe to assume that moving forward (excluding remakes), the order in which you fight them will remain the same as it is now. We've had the option to pick our order since the fifth gen and I really can't see them reverting back to the old format.

Years
    It doesn't really matter for Me but the Pick your type you will fight in Order is my favorite by far But forcing the user to be pushed through Room to room without picking an Order is much more challenging I like them both honestly But i gotta go with Pick by order Since i find that more fun than the latter.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    It would be nice if you could pick your own order, but the levels of the next members you face go up accordingly, instead of staying the same.

Years
    • Seen today
    Random set of 4 from a strictly larger superset, like how Alola Champion Title Defense, but with 4 instead of 1.

I prefer the old style, as it defined a pseudo chain-of-command - I definitely thought that Lance was supposed to be the leader person of the Kanto Elite Four (less so for Karen/Drake/Lucian, but I still do see it that way).

While we're on the subject of talking about scaling levels, I feel like it would be very "illogical" to have scaling difficulty with no fixed order. Would it not be weird to fight one of the Elite Four last, then choose them first the next time, only to see that their Pok?mon are weaker by a few levels? It's not "realistic", unless we're assuming that they all have 4 sets of the same 5 Pok?mon, but each with different levels.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    i like the IDEA behind picking your own order and that the E4 are all about the same level then but also I like the feeling of being forced on and on throughout progressively difficult challenges

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I would be ok with the old version of the 'pick your order' style and I dont mind doing that but I enjoy the newer way cause I still dont know their types til I go in and see their room to fight, and will know after I restart anyway. Plus, Im not so good at level grinding so yeah I enjoy the same levels more too.

Back