• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Steam's Summer Sale Begins!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

It's that time of year again - the time to empty your wallets try new games, find great deals and maybe cross a few items off your wishlist; welcome to the 2017 Steam Summer Sale.

Sticker Book

Usually with every big sale, Steam offers some sort of minigame or limited edition cards/achievements for participating in the sale, for those interested in collectibles. This year, a sticker book is available, and the 16 stickers can be collected by completing various "quests" around Steam.

Deals!

But of course, what we're really here for are low, low prices. From AAA hits to indie gems, tons of games are going for up to 80% off (maybe even more? I haven't seen a discount higher than 80%, but let me know if that's wrong)! Listing a few of my own biased favorites/recommendations:

Will you be buying/have you already bought anything during this sale? Which games are you hoping will go on sale in the following days? Got your eye on anything? If you see any amazing games you've played in the past go on sale, feel free to share here and leave recommendations too!

To Steam!

But be warned (and as expected), servers are under a lot of stress right now, so it may be difficult to browse.​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Just take my wallet, Gaben. And take my boyfriend's wallet while you're at it.

Totally getting Fallout 4 soon though! It's freaking $15 Right now!

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Welp, it was nice knowing my money. Time to go browse and probably buy tons of games I won't get around to for months (no, seriously. I still have a bunch of games I got during the last summer sale that I haven't even touched yet).

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Valve Complete Pack's a whopping 91% off, at only $16.62 USD, which is a better bargain than they usually reduce it to. That's a good steal if anyone's interested in Valve games but have been holding off. (Most of the individual items are 80-90% off too)

My personal recommendations would be Hyper Light Drifter for $10 and Hotline Miami for $2.50 for any top-down action/shooter fans, or FTL: Faster Than Light for $2.50, a really nice strategy spaceship sim. Shadow of Mordor for only $4 is also a really good deal, that game is worth way more than some loose change.

I'll probably be picking up This War of Mine myself, I've had an interest in it but it's never high enough on my priority list to warrant a purchase.

Also @Juno the biggest discounts on individual games (as far as I can tell at least) are 90% off.

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
    Years
  • Ugh. Of course the Summer Sale happens at the exact time that I happen to be flat out broke. Sigh. C'est la vie. Hopefully I can scrounge up some cash to buy Darkest Dungeon before the sale ends.

Years
  • Games I'll recommend:
    -Ori and The Blind Forest DE, it's on sale again for 10? (even though last one just ended), awesome visuals, awesome music and fun gameplay that is pretty forgiving since you can save at will. The story might not be everyone's cup of tea though.
    -Furi, 50% off for 10?, it's a great boss rush game for anybody looking for a challenge. Also has absolutely great soundtrack. But note, once you get really good at the game(basically when you can S rank hard mode bosses, which isn't as hard as it sounds) it loses A LOT of replayability.
    -Hyper Light Drifter, only bought it yesterday but it gives me a lot of Furi vibes since it plays pretty similarly (learn enemies attack's then attack back), but otherwise plays like a aciton adventure game. Only thing I personally dislike is that it has the worst map in the history of maps. I'm also not that far into it (only 1.9 hours) so I can't give too much feedback on this game yet, but so far I like it.
    -Outland which was free a few weeks ago now costs 1? because of a 90% sale, def recommend if you haven't claimed it already.
    -Portal 2, obviously. Though you might as well buy the entire Valve pack since it's on huge sale.
    -Dead Cells has a whopping 15% reduction, probably won't get any lower because it's an Early Access game. But I have had it for a while and I love. It's a great metroidvania roguelike.

Years
  • Oh man, sales like this makes me really wish for a kind and gentle souls who would be willing to gift me some games. At this stage at least.

Years
  • All the Ys games are 70% off, Trails in the Sky is 50%

good deals.

I picked up Gurumin for whatever price it was, not sure if I'll play it before or after Zwei II.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Lu bu is staring at my soul with that dynasty warriors 8 xtreme legends complete edition at a 70% sale but this is a time ill say that the console versions are far better since they are a lot more stable. And ive played dw8 to death in the good ole ps3.

Also ive done a checklist of what to buy. Good thing that ill be graduating from my 2nd degree program this july as well so i can have myself a good ole graduation gift.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Finally got Rocket League after some time thinking about it, also got Terraria I want to play it with some friends. {:3}

Years
  • Go get NieR Automata bois, one of the best games this year, 30% off now. Everybody getting Terraria as well ;p

Years
  • I somehow haven't played Oblivion yet and with the Steam Summer Sale my dream has become a reality. All hail Lord Gabe.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I have over 50 Games in my Wishlist that are on sale, but so far I only bought ABZU for something like 6$

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So once upon a time several days ago, I told myself that I wouldn't go and spend money on a bunch of stuff at the Steam Summer Sale...

JzhUzjaITA2852oIMNluyg.png

I lied to myself. Money was spent, and my wallet was sad. The end.
    (It's even worse since I already own Danganronpa on Vita. Welp, too late now.)

Back