• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a male pokemon in a team of females

Years
    as title says....

i have a male frillish that i caught yesterday *i called him jellio* in black 2... *i love frillish, male & female... but i think i like female frillish a bit more :) *

ok, let's say that the game is the anime, and i have a team of 5 female pokemon & then i go and catch my last pokemon... a male frillish...

would he fit in?

i was just thinking about this, oddly ~_~

Last edited:

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I always assign personalities to my Pokemon so when I have a situation where one Pokemon is a different genders from the others, I always imagine them as the cute little sister/brother of the other Pokemon :P Or sometimes the other way around. My Bewear was the only girl on my Moon team so it was like she was their big strong sister.

Years
    I always assign personalities to my Pokemon so when I have a situation where one Pokemon is a different genders from the others, I always imagine them as the cute little sister/brother of the other Pokemon :P Or sometimes the other way around. My Bewear was the only girl on my Moon team so it was like she was their big strong sister.

that's pretty good :)

all of my pokemon teams in my games have always been female *with the exception of red, blue & yellow *and leafgreen... cause i like the male nidoran as well of course ^^ * :) *

my team in black 2 was:

sewaddle (F) - kuru *monotype starter* who i caught at lv 2; but is now lv 41

magnemite - bolt; who i caught at lv 10, but is now lv 30

sandile (f) - megu; who i caught at lv 14, but is now 30

ducklett (F) - snow white; who i caught at lv 23, but is now lv 38 as swanna *she evolved from at lv 35 at 23:08 on 21/8/17*

marill (F) - snowdrop; who i caught at lv 25, but is now lv 38 as azumarill *she evolved at lv 29 at 17:13 on 21/8/17*

drilbur (F) - rubble' who i caught at lv 27, but is now 28

i swapped out bolt for jolti the joltik (F) *that was in the pc* at 20:43 on 22/8/17, who i caught at lv 27 on 20/8/27

then, i swapped out megu for jellio (frillish) at 23:26 on 22/8/17, who i caught at lv 13 on 22/8/17, who is now lv 15

and then, i caught cubbi the cubchoo (F) at 15:22 on 23/8/17 who was at lv 30 and swapted rubble out for her, cubbi's now lv 32

so, now my team consists of:

sewaddle (F) - kuru *monotype starter* - lv 41 (calm nature)

swanna (F) - snow white - lv 38 (modest nature)

azumarill (F) - snowdrop - lv 38 (quiet nature)

joltik (F) - jolti - lv 41 (serious nature)

frillish (M) - jellio - lv 15 (adament nature)

cubchoo (F) - cubbi - lv 30 (bashful nature)

so, i guess, maybe jellio would be like a little brother to them :) *until he levels up a bit more, that is :) *

Last edited:
    Reactions: noa

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I sometimes run teams with only one female Pok?mon and I always imagine she feels a bit left out. ^^; That's why I always wanna have at least two female Pok?mon on my team.

Years
    Most of my main story teams tend to be dominated with females, in fact X was the only time I had an even number of genders (though all the males I had there were 87.5% chance to be male anyway).

Since Primarina was the only male in my Moon main story team, he had to kind of act as a male "motherly" figure (get it, Primarina looks feminine) to all those females who joined after he did, and they succeeded. Just my headcanon on that team you know.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Heh I'm relegated to Generation 1 and the lack of Gender identity until I break down and buy a new game already. However, in my latest run, I had 4 "males" and 2 "females".

Pikachu (Male starter)
    Butterfree (Female)
    Sandslash (Male)
    Ninetales (Female)
    Snorlax (Male)
    Lapras (Male)

Nicknames were Jeremy, Aelita, Ulrich, Yumi, Odd and Skid respectively(cookies to anyone who can guess why I named them the way I did). I try to keep Gender balance at a 2:1 ratio or better. Why I don't know... lol

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I usually don't pay attention to my Pokémon's genders unless I'm breeding them haha. I have male Pokémon with female names and vice versa. xD

However I'm turning my playthroughs into a story over in the Challenges section right now, so I'll likely begin to notice these things as I move along. It's exciting new territory for me. ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
    Nicknames were Jeremy, Aelita, Ulrich, Yumi, Odd and Skid respectively(cookies to anyone who can guess why I named them the way I did). I try to keep Gender balance at a 2:1 ratio or better. Why I don't know... lol

Let me guess... Code Lyoko characters?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Let me guess... Code Lyoko characters?

Correct and that show is better than what some people make it out to be, even if its corny and suffers from below average voice acting due to a lack of English VA's who also knew French. Code in CodeHelmet is based on the series itself and here's how I based my nicknaming choices. Jeremy is a stereotypical nerd genius who is always into robotics and computers(aka Clemont!!!) and his curiosity has ultimately led him to getting shocked more times than one can count. As such, an Electric Mouse seemed a fitting choice for him. Aelita is Jeremy's love interest in the series(kind of doesn't fit for a PikachuxButterfree in the Pokemon realm) but I opted for Butterfree for her because she was a timid character who always relied on others in the series. Over time she blossomed into a full fledged character capable of taking care of herself and actually dishing out some wicked punishment. Tack on some angel wings and Butterfree seemed to be the appropriate choice for her. Ulrich was a head strong character who had a lot of power and skill in fighting. I was initially going to choose Scyther for him but since Aelita took the Bug Type and the fact Scyther wouldn't be available until mid to late game, I opted for Sandslash to symbolize his swords. The irony in the pick is that Sandslash isn't all that fast so it doesn't quite fit his anime character. Odd was an easy choice and that was Snorlax. Odd loves to eat(check), loves to sleep(check) and can carry the team when the need calls for it(check). The irony in this pick is that Odd is a small and slender type of character while Snorlax is a humongous blob lol. With regards to Yumi, she can have a relatively hot temper at times and therefore a Fire Type in Ninetales seemed appropriate. Considering her character has Telekinetic powers, Ninetales learning Confuse Ray is a decent Pokemon representation. Yumi and Ulrich are also love interests so I wonder how a Fire and Ground Pokemon would work out? As for Skid, Skidbladnir was their virtual ship, hence Lapras as a rider Pokemon seemed to be the perfect choice.

Years
    n

i was thinking about replacing jellio (male frillish) with a female frillish in undella town today, but then i saw that her levels range from lv 25 to 40 *way too strong at the moment*... so i decided to keep jellio ^^

edit: i decided to keep the female frillish that i just caught today after all *caught at lv 26* :) so, my team is an all girl team now... yay ^^ so, i guess, maybe puru would be like a little sister to them :)
    i'm calling her 'puru'... she's got a relaxed nature ^^

i'm going to re-catch jellio the male frillish in black when i play next, maybe :)

Last edited:
    Back