• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Ash Hat Pikachu Available Worldwide From September 19th

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • I think I might consider to get Ash's Pikachu when I'm at it. Some of these hats are my favorites, so I'm not sure which one should I choose, even though I might get two of them because I already have two carts of Sun and Moon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I might consider to get Ash's Pikachu when I'm at it. Some of these hats are my favorites, so I'm not sure which one should I choose, even though I might get two of them because I already have two carts of Sun and Moon.

I'd say go for the ones based on which anime series was your fave, or maybe which hat has the best design to you.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Wonder if the codes work in USUM also? So you could technically have 3 in SuMo and 3 in UsUm.

USUM comes out in November whereas the QR codes are available a week at a time, with the last one expiring at the end of October - so they won't work in USUM unless they do a re-release of the codes after USUM's release.

Years
  • So far the only one confirmed to work for US/UM is the Movie 20 Hat Pikachu. The others are all only for S/M.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Bump! Article is updated with the code! Remember - you can only use it once, so use it for the pikachu hat you want.

Years
  • It is good to hear that these Pikachu all use the same code, because the only thing you really need to do is wait for the date that has the one you wish to obtain.

And as I expected, they are all locked into being a Hardy nature like the Japanese event was.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Doesn't help that I have choosing disorder.

EDIT: Decided to just get the Original cap since I grew up with the original series :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Figured I'd show you something, thanks to this screenshot I got off Tumblr:

Ash Hat Pikachu Available Worldwide From September 19th

Now, this Original hat Pikachu is Lv1 and has the same moves like the Japanese event from earlier this year, but the Trainer ID No. is different to the Japanese one.

The Japanese events had ID No.'s that corresponded to the first airdate of that generation's series, as shown with the following ID No.'s, going in the Y/M/D format: 970401 (Original), 021121 (Hoenn), 060928 (Sinnoh), 100923 (Unova), 131017 (Kalos) and 161117 (Alola)

With this international Ash Hat Pikachu event, the ID No. instead corresponds to the first airdate of the English dub for that series, but also written in a different format from the Japanese ones, this time with the month coming first, then the day and then the year. Since the first Original series episode aired on September 8th, 1998 in the US (and therefore the dub) that means Original hat Pikachu has the ID No. 090898.

Based on this and the first official dubbed airdate for each generation (XY and SM's first two episodes airing as sneak peeks probably don't count), here's what will seem to be the ID No. for each hat afterwards:

Hoenn - 031503 (March 15th, 2003)
    Sinnoh - 060407 (June 4th, 2007)
    Unova - 021211 (February 12th, 2011)
    Kalos - 011814 (January 18th, 2014)
    Alola - 051217 (May 12th, 2017)

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Does anyone know why the new pikachus wont trade? I cant even link trade it. :/

Years
  • Does anyone know why the new pikachus wont trade? I cant even link trade it. :/

Does your Pikachu have the Classic Ribbon? That prevents it from being traded on the GTS.

Either that or it cannot be traded outside of the game you obtained it in, which I guess will definitely piss some people off if they wanted to collect these Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    It does, but im only trying over link trade. Ill try taking the ribbon off.
    Edit: nope, even without a ribbon, the pokemon cant be traded. All it says is, "theres something wrong with your pokemon" ugh.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It does, but im only trying over link trade. Ill try taking the ribbon off.
    Edit: nope, even without a ribbon, the pokemon cant be traded. All it says is, "theres something wrong with your pokemon" ugh.

Maybe you should ask anyone else with the Pikachu and find out if they're going through the same issue, because that could be reference for the Trade Corner mods to follow.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I picked up my Ash Hat Pikachu today. I have got the Original Hat as it is the anime series I am most familiar with as it's the only one I watched extensively.

All Ash Hat Pikachu being Hardy makes sense as it is Ash's Pikachu but I always thought Ash's Pikachu had a Quirky or Brave Nature. Not that natures are a thing in the anime anyway.

He has his own special cry and Pokedex entry. Certainly a fun event.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'll wait until the Hat Pikachu with Iron Tail becomes available.

I picked up my Ash Hat Pikachu today. I have got the Original Hat as it is the anime series I am most familiar with as it's the only one I watched extensively.

All Ash Hat Pikachu being Hardy makes sense as it is Ash's Pikachu but I always thought Ash's Pikachu had a Quirky or Brave Nature. Not that natures are a thing in the anime anyway.

He has his own special cry and Pokedex entry. Certainly a fun event.

I thought Naughty was its official nature because of another Ash's Pikachu event during the tail end of Gen IV.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    So this may sound like a totally newb question, but does anybody know which hat contributes to which region? I actually have not paid enough attention across the generations to know which hat is which. I know that Ash's hat is the one with the green triangle on it, but I'm not sure which hat contributes to which region after that.

I'm most interested in the Hat pikachus at the end of this picture with the mostly red hats, but I'm not sure which region their from. Since they are the last two pikachu's in this picture are they from the last two generations, Unova and Kalos?

Ash Hat Pikachu Available Worldwide From September 19th

Last edited:
    Back