• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Latest trailer for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon shows off mysterious team and more visuals!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    thought I had about comments about how the story of US/UM seems dark:

part of the plot is apparently about Necrozma stealing light, so the plot is literally dark
    Spoiler:

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
    Years
  • Woah! excited for the games to be released!! :)
    This trailer is worth watching a hundred times... I'm really hyped up for the new Ultra Beasts

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Although late to the party, UB-Burst gives me strong Wublin vibes, since it's an otherworldly creature that dances around and uses it's head like a disco ball.

UB-Assembly is the result of electing Gumshoos as Alola's president. That aside, I'm not digging it's type combo, since Rock/Ghost would have been a nice addition to unused Type combinations.

UB-Adhesive looks like something straight out of Invader Zim or Bravest Warriors, given the helmet-like head it has.

The Ultra Recon Squad are interesting new additions. Perhaps an advanced (and possibly eviler) counterpart to the Aether Foundation?

I am much now more hyped for the game after months of admittedly underwhelming news.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • You're talking about this brief Pheromosa appearance, right? It was in the Japanese trailer. o.o

Cool, thanks. xD

Here's an interesting question, what exactly is threatening Alola? It's interesting to note that the Recon Squad seem to appear sporadically throughout the story instead of just popping up all of a sudden during the climax. The "recon" in their title tells me that they are casing Alola, checking it out. Of course we also have the UB's that basically invade Alola and from the looks of things Lusamine may not be responsible for that this time. Necrozma also looks to be captured and weakened on the tower in Megaopolis like its being used for some sort of mechanism. So I got to thinking, since Necrozma stole the light from Ultra Megaopolis maybe the Recon Squad are attempting to invade Alola in the hopes of getting resources that are now nonexistent in Megaopolis. Because you know, you can't exactly have food and water without a sun.

I don't know, but the plot potential is looking really good. I'm trying not to guess too much because I'm at the point where I just want to discover it all for myself, SM was borderline underwhelming to me for the simple fact that we were almost spoiled with too much info.

Years
  • SM was borderline underwhelming to me for the simple fact that we were almost spoiled with too much info.

And this is precisely why I also personally think it's way more fun to keep the plot a mystery and have the players find out for themselves. It feels more like an adventure if you genuinely don't know what's lurking behind every corner.

Unfortunately for SM, if it werent TPCi, then it was dataminers that leaked pretty much everything there is to know about the games. .__.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    And this is precisely why I also personally think it's way more fun to keep the plot a mystery and have the players find out for themselves. It feels more like an adventure if you genuinely don't know what's lurking behind every corner.

Unfortunately for SM, if it werent TPCi, then it was dataminers that leaked pretty much everything there is to know about the games. .__.

and expect same thing to happen again with USUM.

Years
  • Probably, but we'll see what happens towards the end of this month and the beginning of next month, and whether or not everything will be spilled like in SM or not.

I think we'll have to wait and see, though I am surprised no Special Demo for US/UM hasn't even been announced yet. So maybe Game Freak will skip on it this time due to the S/M demo datamining incident.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think we'll have to wait and see, though I am surprised no Special Demo for US/UM hasn't even been announced yet. So maybe Game Freak will skip on it this time due to the S/M demo datamining incident.

Yeah, a demo is starting to look unlikely, but we do still have over a month left to go, so they could announce one closer to release (or even release the demo upon release for those on the fence about buying it on day one xD)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm pretty disappointed that Ultra Moon will be focusing on the moustache guy and not the... other guy. Then again they all look rather samey to me so I don't know if this should affect which game I get or not. Then again SM already had Kiawe locked behind Sun so maybe I'll get Sun this time if Sun is the game with focus on the guys.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I love the trailer. Seeing this proves that USUM is not a complete copy and paste. I am stunned by these amazing looking games. New ultra beast was nice. New characters was a plus too.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yeah. The latest trailers were more satisfying. Probably because we are closer to game release. We still got the rest of October and a few weeks of November before game release. I am sure the next bit of news will come.

I love to see Ultra Beasts play a more active role.

Back