• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon: Detective Pikachu gets NA Release Date; New Trailer

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
2010 Airbender bad or worse?

I doubt it will stoop to that level. xD

Don't get me wrong, Detective Pikachu seems really fun, I was mostly commenting on how creepy/awkward the Pok?mon look, haha. :p The trailer is giving me definite Hop vibes. The kind of movie you don't take seriously and just watch for a cringe-induced laugh. :D

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I'm usually pretty judgmental when it comes to things that were once animated becoming live-action, but I'm pretty amazed at how well (imo) they've done at being able to depict the Pokemon the way they've done. I heard about the news of this film a while ago and I huffed at it, then was amused by the idea, but yeup. This trailer has won me over so far.

Pikachu's just so fluffy and adorable tho! //ivesaidthisfivetimessincelastnight
A little bit sad about how psyduck looks, but tbh, what do I expect. It's a water duck and that's pretty much as it's close as it's going to get to what Psyduck is. The same applies for Jigglypuff and Mr.Mime.

I do like the little details on some of the other Pokemon they've shown so far, for example, Charizard and Bulbasaur.

Last edited:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I am not usually the one for anything Pok?mon-related outside of the main series and the very few spinoffs, but the trailer mostly reminded me of the movie Ted, which I like a lot. So I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Years
I wasn't really expecting anything good when they announced they're making this, but this was nice. The realistic Pok?mon looks pretty much how I imagine they could, more that just Kanto group is also nice. And the details in the trailer. I've watched it like 3 times and found new Pok?mon every time in the background every time. The story and jokes seem to be aimed at the older audience, which gives me hope for the future of the Pok?mon.

I'm not hyped for the movie or anything like that, I'll watch it without any expectations and I hope I'll be nicely surprised.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I...
It took two trailer watches, and showing it to a friend.
I dunno if I would see it on my own, but I know they'll want me to go.
Ryan Pikachu is cute, at least. o:

Back