• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Abilities Pokémon should have

Years
Am sure there are plenty of instances where a Pokémon looks like it should have x ability but doesn't. What abilities do you think certain Pokémon should have?

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
oh where do I even begin

DRAPION NEEDS INFILTRATOR.
Seriously, with those pincers, what is there that it can't simply go through with applying just the right amount of pressure? They look like they can snap off any pokemon's head with ease anyway

also Compoundeyes Flygon - I know Levitate is a great ability but these eyes are just suggesting Compoundeyes or Tinted Lens as a second ability (Compoundeyes even more so)

Some of the beginner route Bug-types that have a dual type that is not Flying should at least have access to Levitate aswell. I mean, what are these wings for on a Beedrill for example? Decoration?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Levitate on Beedrill or, say, Dustox makes sense to me too.

Queenly Majesty on the like of Vesipqueen or Nidoqueen makes sense. Also, Feraligatr with Strong Jaw!

Sorvete

Novice
Years
lol I can't even list here all of the Pokémon I think should have levitate or at least be a flying type

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
1. Salamence and Tyranitar with Berserk.
They are aggressive Pokémon, after all. Both have some good Sp. Atk and some bulk to pull it off.

Since it's now common for later Pseudo-Legendaries to have three possible Abilities these days, it wouldn't hurt to distribute some newly discovered Abilities to older Pokémon.

2. Donphan with Speed Boost.
If the Venipede line can have Speed Boost for being a wheel-like Pokémon, so should Phanpy and Donphan.

It would make Donphan viable again, although heavily busted.

3. Golisopod with Battle Armor.
Battle Armor is better than Emergency Exit, even if not by much.

Since it has traits of a samurai, it would be a fitting Ability for it.

4. Lurantis with Chlorophyll
Most Grass-type Pokémon tend to have Chlorophyll.

If Sunny Day is activated, Chlorophyll would give Lurantis some Speed.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
I'm back with some more.

Muk with Gooey. I mean, really, does this need anymore explanation?

Weezing with Aftermath. Again, don't its pokedexes say that the toxic gases this thing contains are prone to explode, so what speaks against it blowing up in the face of the thing that knocked it out?

Maybe I'm alone with that sentiment, but doesn't Garchomp look like all of its attacks have that immense Sheer Force that it needs to rip and tear apart stuff?

Illuminate Volbeat. As much as the ability is trash, it suits the pokemon's origin. A lot.

While not technically a shell, Golem's outer plating of rock makes it a viable owner of Shell Armor IMO (also Shell Smash, but that's the wrong thread).

these two are more... strange
Speed Boost Celesteela. It's arms are literal rockets, sheesh. Okay, the thing weights a ton, but with rockets at its disposal, this thing has to be able to go fast.

Heavy Metal Stakataka. I mean, really.

Years
Although I appreciate Game Freak for being traditional what with the Overgrowth/Blaze/Torrent abilities for starter Pokemon for god knows how long, I'd much rather prefer it if starter Pokemon had a more diverse set of abilities. Just generally speaking.

Back