• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fighting for the Forest

Years
  • Tanzania's Magombera Forest was predicted to disappear by 2018 if major conservation efforts were not met. Fortunately, this beautiful garden of Eden, home to endangered species and newly discovered wildlife, is at last on the road to recovery, and has a fully protected status. I wanted to share a positive news story. Take a look at the link below!

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/tan...ng-its-globally-unique-endangered-rainforest/

Years
  • Hopefully more places follow the lead here. It's good to see a global initiative to repair the environment we have pillaged is finally kicking off for real these past few years.

Years
  • It's one step of many that we need to take in order to keep this planet habitable, at the very least. It'll be a long road, but I'm happy that there's at least action being taken.

Years
  • The website had a lot of environment-related news this month that gives me hope. In addition last night I read scentists have found that Hawaiian coral reefs are stabilizing after mass bleaching.

For some more good news, the country of Nepal has managed to double her tiger population.

Also India's Environment Ministry Panel either deferred or declined the requests of a mining corporation that saught to clear foliage in Madhya Pradesh to get the region's diamonds. Had the Rio Tinto corporation gotten its way, the surface mining would have probably devestated the natural landscape. The article is titled, "India Saves its Tigers Instead of Mining for 330 Million in Diamonds." There has been a lot of progress from India in general lately, their sanitation coverage has increased from 40 to 90% in just 4 years. Shoutouts to our Indian brothers and sisters!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I just hope that things continue this way and it doesn't just become a statistical outlier in time

Years
  • Holy shit this is some great news to wake up to! I really wish other countries in the world followed this sort of example. Plants and trees are just as import to us as life as we are to them.

Back