• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Also, Banz seen this? http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...nveil-plans-for-academy-in-india-8883927.html. If they get set up for producing young players of the same quality as Liverpool's academy in England then there's surely hope for India's national team there.

Yes I've seen that. I wonder if some other clubs would want to open their own academies as well.

It would be great to be taught by professionals. I had no one to teach me football when I was little. The sports teacher at school couldn't even kick the ball properly. I should have joined a club back then. ;-;

Years
  • Well it finally happened - Mowbray leaves Boro

And more importantly you can catch my wonderful team play on Sky Sports on Friday, make sure you take up the opportunity if you can so I can have even more people to complain to. :P

Just to add something people might actually find interest in, Wenger believes United can still win the title. I think it's a bit early for anyone to even doubt a title run, but a few more draws in the next month will create a major doubt.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Who would be your preferred replacement? Just had a look at the early odds and Tony Pulis is the bookies' favourite. Not exactly what I'd imagine thinking about Boro's style of football over the years.

Norwich and Boro's U21s met at Colney today, 3-1 Norwich win. Boro goal was a cracker of a freekick.

Years
  • Gibson has already publicly said Pulis won't be given the job, but it looks like the bookies haven't kept up.

I'd like to see Curbishley offered the job, but that's highly unlikely. Amongst the more likely candidates, I guess Clough is the most acceptable to me. As long as we appoint one soon as Venus is Mowbray's personal right hand man so it makes no sense for him to be in charge.

I'm not surprised to read that about the U21s, Norwich seem to always have a few promising youngsters on the go. The current big prospects are twins aren't they?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, we have a good crop right now. Murphy twins have grabbed a lot of headlines but I think we have 2 or 3 more showing just as much promise. Not getting too excited though, I remember when Ryan and Rossi were being touted as the next big thing.

Well hopefully your sacking and replacing of a club legend will have a similar impact as when we got rid of Gunn a few seasons back.

Years
  • Well I'm sure at least one of the bunch should come good even if the rest fall short.

Hopefully it will have a good impact. Even if it doesn't at least we didn't need 7-1 loss to get rid of him. :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Broncos lost their first game this week to my favorite team, the Colts! Peyton was off, I was glad the Colts won.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • >The United States of Handegg

76TEGwZ.png

TWOFACE

Years
  • UEFA CL tonight games

CSKA Moskva - Manchester City
    Manchester United - Real Sociedad
    Real Madrid CF - Juventus
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen - FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Bayern Munich - FC Viktoria Plzen
    Galatasaray Spor Kulübü - FC Kobenhavn
    RSC Anderlecht - Paris Saint-Germain
    Benfica - Olympiacos CFP
    Manchester City - CSKA Moskva
    Juventus - Real Madrid CF

I know the CL have been kinda boring for the past years cuz the real king of Europe Liverpool havent been taking any part of it, but dont worry European football fans we are coming next to entertain you, HeHeHe

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ok, even I'm starting to get worried now. More than 30 shots and we fail to net once, at home to Cardiff. Next up both of the Manchester teams away from home. Fun.

Years
  • -Lapras-, on behalf of Middlesbrough fans everywhere I would like to thank you for Daniel Ayala. He's just the defender we need and he got a nice goal in the Doncaster match to top off proving the fact that we need him.

I'm a bit disappointed Sunderland won, they'll actually have a bit of fight in them now.

The Clasico result was predictable as was Bale's lack of influence on the game. Ancelotti needs to sort his team out soon.

Years
  • Ayala used to be a Liverpool player before joining Norwich.

Really happy that Sunderland won. Great goal by Borini.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, if Ayala steers clear of injury I'm sure he'll be a great addition to your back line. I'd imagine this will be made permanent in January. Wonder who we have lined up to replace him, I wonder if he'll still join considering our league position right now.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Madrid have committed 4 penalties in the last two games (plus another one the ref didn't give). I think Carletto should have a word with his defenders. It's mindblowing.

Back