• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The showoff topic

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Basically a topic to just showoff or showcase whatever you want to share. It can be something you think is cool, or something you've really worked hard on.

Or if you want to be a little arrogant, just to vent and brag a bit.

For me, I'll start with this:

I like working with my hands and I love modification in my own way. I could do a lot if I was actually well taught by someone, but despite that, I still seem to manage it in my own way.

One of my favorite games of all time is Bioshock Infinite and the Skyhook melee weapon is one of the coolest weapons in game.

There was a model released for around 100 bucks that is very rare now that I picked up. Great model, but the revving left a lot to be desired. It was basically almost like a toy, where it only "revved" slowly and not actually could spin at high motorized speeds as in the game.
    The game has it as your primary mode of fast travel during battle and a gruesome powered melee weapon. Heavy equipment.

Luck would have it that one day it broke, and when I took it apart to fix it, I stopped said to myself "You know you want to actually motorize it" and it wouldn't leave me.
    I had no idea where to start, so I began looking up things like dual shaft motors, power sources, wiring, and how the overall mechanism would have to work. Step by step, with a little help, a bit of luck, and a lot of inner gutting, I got it.

I turned this:
    (original video of how it operates)

Into this:
    (My video)

I did a few more things like some painting, etc, and here's a few pics of its inner workings too. (It's actually not THAT complicated, but I had to change how the whole thing functioned, really).
    vFmjmJB.jpg

GovSGgS.jpg

But I love to do stuff like this for anything. Modification and customization is my bag.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    view from my office

Spoiler:

and the sunsets are pretty damn cool where I live

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    mm, that's odd, I'm usually reluctant to upload them elsewhere bc imgur breaks
    is tumblr blocked where you are?

I am mobile, so maybe that's it?

Your page is there but no matter how many times I click or wait, pics don't show up. I'll try tomorrow on the desktop.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm so close to being a published author I can taste it.
    Just waiting on that last edit before publishing happens.

Yay bragging! I think I'll leave it at that though lmao

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm so close to being a published author I can taste it.
    Just waiting on that last edit before publishing happens.

Yay bragging! I think I'll leave it at that though lmao

I WILL BUY YOUR BOOKS :D :D!!

Earlier this year I was a BAFTA member (membership costs too much to continue since I just moved houses) but gonna get back on the roster later this year.
    I make videogames for a living! :D (I'm an animator!)

Years
  • I WILL BUY YOUR BOOKS :D :D!!

Earlier this year I was a BAFTA member (membership costs too much to continue since I just moved houses) but gonna get back on the roster later this year.
    I make videogames for a living! :D (I'm an animator!)

It's a picture book for seven-year-olds so probably not xD

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    People sometimes pay me money to draw cats, stream video games, or talk into a headset. I like to think this is something to show off about, but none of it's particularly world-shattering. Not yet P:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah I'm def getting my hands on pie's book. Actually, I expect him to send me a signed copy. !!

Back