• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serebii or Bulbapedia?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Bulbapedia but moreso because it's what I first started using and I haven't felt the need to switch since! The first time I used Bulbapedia was when I was waiting to be seen in the hospital when I was 10. I wasn't looking for particular information, I just wanted to read up on Pokemon-related content to distract me and I got drawn into reading Bulbapedia articles for the next 4 hours. Good memory from an otherwise bad day and I still will sometimes read up on articles on Bulbapedia if I catch myself having to wait outside. :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I use both of them. But I mostly use Serebii because Bulbapedia has so many ads for me. Usually when I am looking on Bulbapedia, I am looking at history of pokemon, maps and origins and trivia.

When I am just looking at pokemon, Serebii because it loads a lot faster with few ads.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've used both for different things but mostly Bulba because it has everything I want right there.

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Bulba for everything except up to date news and extremely detailed info on side games and mobile games and whatnot, then it's Serebii for that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Serebii. Just a way easier site to use with less ads. Credit to Joe for keeping it so old school, I know it turns off many people but it makes it very simple to use.

PokemonDB is also good, as is Smogon.

Bulbapedia I reference as a last resort because of the ads. They tend to be more complete when it comes to information like in-game trainer movesets.

Years
  • I use Bulbapedia for almost everything, looking up egg groups, moves, EV yields, that kind of stuff. The only thing I use Serebii for is to check gym leader info when I am doing nuzlockes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    serebii is faster if you just want to look up a pokémon. All the info is easy to reach in numbers. Bulbapedia requires 204985 lines of scroll scroll scroll and too much fluff, or having to navigate the menu thingy instead of having everything easily visible all at once.

I do use Bulbapedia whenever I want to know how a move is interpreted in anime or manga though. And just googling pictures d:

Back