• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly video game franchise DEATH BATTLE! [Week 1 - Nintendo *Pokémon Wins!*]

What is YOUR favourite Nintendo series of games?

• Animal Crossing

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Brain Age

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • EarthBound

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • F-Zero

• Fatal Frame

• Fire Emblem

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Golden Sun

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Kid Icarus

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Mario

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Metroid

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Nintendo Wars (Advance Wars)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Pikmin

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Pokémon

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • Punch-Out!!

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Puzzle Leauge

• Star Fox

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Super Smash Bros.

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Yoshi

• Wario

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Picross

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
  • tbh Super Smash Bros. should be on top. >:( Come on, where's Meta Knight when you need 'im!

The only downside is that SSBB left me really dissapointed x)
    Although I did vote for it because I'm a huge SSBM fan and I play it competitively :P

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I was hesitant on voting for Smash because Melee is really the only one that's actually brilliant. 64 is very light on content, despite having an amazing combat system and Brawl was basically the other extreme. So much content, but the combat left much to be desired.

All the other series I voted for had at least two games that I'd consider amazing. (if not masterpieces) F-Zero has X and GX, Advance Wars has the first two, Donkey Kong has the GB game and Donkey Kong Country 2, Metroid has Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. Then you got Punch Out and Wario which don't have a single game that's less than amazing.

Years
  • I was hesitant on voting for Smash because Melee is really the only one that's actually brilliant. 64 is very light on content, despite having an amazing combat system and Brawl was basically the other extreme. So much content, but the combat left much to be desired.
    Huh. I don't like 64 because no side attacks, and I actually enjoy Brawl more than Melee (despite growing up with Melee and getting good at it) if Smash Balls, which are broken, are turned off. But I guess if you want it totally skill-based (which I don't), Melee's the way to go.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Animal Crossing
    Fire Emblem
    Kirby
    Pokemon
    Super Smash Bros.

I've played a little bit of all of them (Pokemon reigning supreme as I have just about all of the main games). I was going to pick something like Yoshi too, but I haven't played a Yoshi game; I've only played him through SSB and the Mario Party/Sports spinoffs. Yoshi's fantastic in those games, haha, my childhood right there. SSBB was a bit hard to get used to when playing with the wiimote.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Animal Crossing
    Donkey Kong
    Kirby
    The Legend of Zelda
    Mario
    Metroid
    Super Smash Bros.
    Yoshi

There are a few franchises that I've played games of and aren't listed above (F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Star Fox, and Wario), but I haven't played them enough to consider myself a big fan of them. I also didn't vote for Pokemon because I'm a hipster like that.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • It looks like the winner, with 37 votes, is Pokémon! Thanks for voting! (I guess pokemon fans do like their Pokémon!) A big shoutout goes to Super Smash Bros. for runner up!

Stay tuned, because next we have Capcom's DEATH BATTLE next!

Back