• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Coder's Lounge

Years
I wouldn't quite use this as a solid recommendation (because gross php), but on a web server with PHP and MySQL, you could use phpMyAdmin which is a database manager packed into a GUI.

I apologize if this isn't what you are looking for, though

I'm more looking to make my own app (hoping it can be something to show potential employers) so just trying to figure out what the best language to use would be, but that looks like it might be useful for testing, so I don't have to add/remove/change test data manually.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
im now inspired to make a app, but im lazy. though my computer science teacher has a poster on his door about something with google play, you create ideas for a game and give that idea to google, and they connect you with developers and get it made, or something like that. i been meaning to ask him about it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
That feel when someone tried to solve a problem using inheritance and he still managed to clutter the base class with specifica...

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Malicious executables are programs designed to work by themselves. They're written in a programming language and compiled before being send through the internet to their targets. If you run them, then you will have a problem.

Now this is true no matter what language they design it in?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I think I'm at that point where I'm reading source code just to get stuck on a comment and immediately think to myself: "It's nice that you tell me what this piece of code does. But why explain to me the same thing the code tells me and not tell me _why_ you put it here?"
Now this is true no matter what language they design it in?
Language doesn't matter. They all use the same blueprints.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I mean it matters to some extent. Otherwise there would be no reason for different ones to even exist.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
I mean it matters to some extent. Otherwise there would be no reason for different ones to even exist.

The purpose of all traditional languages is, at the end of the day, to create things that do things. Different languages aren't just created to make different things—they're also made to change how the same thing can be made. :) Any tool can be used with malicious intent; programming languages are no different.

The inherent 'security' of a language (when e.g. used for malicious purposes) isn't moulded so much by the language itself but rather by other factors surrounding the language—such as the platforms and architectures that support it.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
But then, presumably, those languages evolve and take their own shape after it has fulfilled its original purpose.

Years
I've started working with looking at JSON files and parsing them. What a fun journey that has been, considering how some are easily formatted, while others are a mess to even find anything.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
hey pals. anyone here into typescript? i've fallen in love with it over the past few months

It's made debugging so much easier since I started using it, love it too.

What code editor do you all use? I moved from sublime to VSCode not that long ago and I'm really enjoying it so far. Having git right there saves me so much time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I've been making more and more use of VS Code lately as well, although I wish you could set up proper projects rather than have an open folder all the time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I've used Sublime for a while but ditched it a couple months ago. Instead I've returned to good old Vim. Well, NeoVim, because everyone and their mother says it's better. Don't know, though. I'm certainly not impressed by it. In general it feels rather...unpolished.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 25, 2023
I'm just lazy and continue using Atom. Actually just setup a some scripts that automatically install all of the packages that I work with and synced it to my MEGA account. Should make setting it up on new computers quite simple.

VSCode and Vim are both quite nice as well.

Years
I also like Atom personally, it was the first editor I used. It's simple, it gets the job done, and most importantly, there's nothing about it that annoys me lol I don't remember which other editors I've tried, but I've always gone back to Atom fairly quickly. There's definitely something to be said for familiarity.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Do you have a particular favorite fee code editor that you use? Since Atom is free to use or is it still the best despite there being no paywall?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
vscode > atom
atom was so frustrating to me when i had to use it for school... stop opening with a million welcome tabs and then lagging out

Back