• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What Pokemon would you like to see get a new evolution/pre-evolution?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • We don't know if we'll get any new evolutions or pre-evolutions of old gen Pokemon yet (think newer Eeveelutions, Magmortar, or Cleffa, etc.), but are there any that you'd especially like to see?

Alternatively, new Gigantamax forms! Given we know of three for gen 8 Pokemon, and know of a rumour talking about a few specific gen 1 Pokemon...

inb4 new Eeveelution requests

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd like to see evolutions for Farfetch'd, Seaking, Jynx, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Corsola, Delibird, Mightyena, Delcatty, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda, Lunatone, Solrock, Chimecho, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Kricketune, Pachirisu, Chatot, Carnivine, Basculin, Maractus, Heatmor, Durant, Dedenne, Carbink, Pyukumuku, Komala, Togedemaru, male Combee, and male Salandit.

As for prevos, I want Kangaskhan's baby to be an actual Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^Ooh, yeah, you've listed some great ones that I agree with. Especially Corsola and Qwilfish.

Thinking on it now, a baby Lapras also has the potential to be really cute...

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I'm not sure they'd count as pre-evos or new evos, but I want a middle evolution step between Luvdisc and Alamomola, and between Unown and Sigiliyph. I have this theory they always MEANT to link them and just never got around to it.

Years
  • Perhaps they could revisit some of the scrapped Generation II evos/pre-evos, especially now that they're much more common knowledge?

PokeGoldDemo-front_166.png
    (Baby Vulpix)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_167.png
    (Baby Tangela)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_171.png
    (Evolved Qwilfish)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_178.png
    (Baby Goldeen)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_184.png
    (Baby Paras)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_188.png
    (Evolved Ditto)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_189.png
    (Baby Doduo)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_193.png
    (Baby Girafarig)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_196.png
    (Baby Meowth)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_204.png
    (Baby Ponyta)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_208.png
    (Baby Grimer)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_213.png
    (Baby Growlithe)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_222.png
    (Evolved Weepinbell, branched similar to Bellossom)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_228.png
    (Evolved Farfetch'd)
    PokeGoldDemo-front_234.png
    (Evolved Pinsir)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    If a pokemon has a BST of less than 450, and is currently a "fully evolved" pokemon with no other power boosts or usage numbers, then I would want those to be the ones that receive evolutions. Give them all the Gen IV treatment which provided life to many pokemon that could not cut it before. If I had to pick specific ones, other than the often wanted Farfetch'd/Dunsparce/etc, then I would say Carnivine, Delibird, and Magcargo are ones that need some love.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Perhaps they could revisit some of the scrapped Generation II evos/pre-evos, especially now that they're much more common knowledge?

PokeGoldDemo-front_188.png
    (Evolved Ditto)

I'd kill for metamon. Someone add him. Poor ditto deserves more love. Also Farfetch'd.

Also not exactly 'existing' but please someone add the two electric tigers scrapped from both Gen I and II, Kotora and Raitora. Cutest mons to be scrapped twice

tumblr_inline_pa2qfnZufI1qglk3d_400.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I would definitely give Heatmor an evolution.

Durant is already pretty good, stat wise, so I'm contempt whether it gets a Mega Evolution or not. Heatmor is the one really lacking in bulk or speed.

It has a signature more called "Fire Lash", which hits pretty hard. It does not have the stat distribution to pull it off, although it's offenses are okay at best. It also learns Sucker Punch by breeding, which gives it some strong priority when the Fire Lash lowers it's enemy's physical Defense.

Typing-wise, I envision a Fire/Steel-type, given the whole furnace or engine vibe Heatmor has. I would imagine it becoming a mini-volcano aardvark.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I also agree that it would be neat to see some of the ideas in the GS beta revisited again. Some look very cute, while other Pokemon such as Farfetch'd would enjoy new power.

I just want it to extend to more than just gen 1 Pokemon, please.

With Gigantamaxing, I wonder if any mega evolutions will reappear through that...

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Since Linoone has officially got an evolution in addition to a Regional Variant, I'm pretty sure other Pokémon like Dunsparce, Corsola, Maractus, and especially Farfetch'd are now eligible for one.

If the above example can evolve, even if it's only the Galar Variant, so could my aforementioned examples.

Coshiua

Autistic Kyogre
    Years
  • I would like to see a pre-evolution or an evolution for Corsola. It has been one of my favorite Pokémon since I first saw it appear on the Pokémon Anime and, while I love it, I feel like it a "Baby Corsola" or an "Evolved Corsola" could only make it better.

Back