• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well not to speak for women but isn't video games what they're attracted to? Like, it's the new "guy with a yacht"?
Most women aren't attracted to guys who have games since so few guys play video games. Video games are a woman's area. Everyone knows that guys are too busy mowing the lawn or working on car engines to be indoors playing games.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Legit shinies?
I've come across two via random encounter and one from soft-resetting. The rest are either LOR Gyarados, traded, or hacked.
However.
Now that I know how to chain, hopefully that number will jump.

@Chris
I can't explain. Just seems stupid to me. Perhaps I could have worded my post better, though haha.
Also, just throwing out there that, despite my name, I'm not a "mr". {:

Wow, lots of shinies, Somniac. How long have you been playing?

Also-
Droomph, a week and a half?
Tch I spent months MM'ing for a shiny Treecko with no results. >:[
I got bored and gave up. Haha.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Bad luck, perhaps, TF?
I used to be terrible. Seriously. My longest was 12 chains. .__.
Then today I actually learned how to do it, and got to around 30 on my first try. It was that huge patch of grass outside Sunnyshore city, though, which made it easier.

It's nearly midnight here and I don't have enough time to start chaining again, though. I'll leave it to charge and waste spend tomorrow chaining.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I tried shiny chaining before , but I got bored with it after a while. My biggest chain in Platinum is 7 so i'm definitely worse off. .-.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Most women aren't attracted to guys who have games since so few guys play video games. Video games are a woman's area. Everyone knows that guys are too busy mowing the lawn or working on car engines to be indoors playing games.

I know, it's so hard to find a guy to play vidya with :'[

Legit shinies?
I've come across two via random encounter and one from soft-resetting. The rest are either LOR Gyarados, traded, or hacked.
However.
Now that I know how to chain, hopefully that number will jump.

@Chris
I can't explain. Just seems stupid to me. Perhaps I could have worded my post better, though haha.
Also, just throwing out there that, despite my name, I'm not a "mr". {:

Wow, lots of shinies, Somniac. How long have you been playing?

Also-
Droomph, a week and a half?
Tch I spent months MM'ing for a shiny Treecko with no results. >:[
I got bored and gave up. Haha.

Well I've been playing since the original red/blue came out, and owned all the games, so quite a while. :p Obviously shinies were only added in gen2 though, but I found my first in gen3. In emerald I found a shiny maril in the safari zone. It ran away D: However I also found a shiny spoink in the same emerald game, and I still have that beautiful grumpig.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Dipu
Google it. Now.
If you do it right, you can keep encountering wild Pokemon (a specific species) with a 1/20 chance of it being shiny. It's time consuming, though.

@Somniac
Ah, that makes sense.
I've never had a shiny run from me, but did delete a save file after I had forgotten about my shiny Bidoof. That was my first shiny. Certainly not much of a loss, in my opinion.
Oddly enough, all of my shinies are on Gen IV and V (Bidoof was on IV, Chikorita was and is on IV, and Golbat was and is on V).

I know, it's so hard to find a guy to play vidya with :'[
I actually have a friend who loves Pokemon. I showed it to him a while ago, and he seriously went and bought a copy of Diamond version before I seen him next haha.

However- just...no. He's been friendzoned. I have reason to do so, though. I:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Aaaah. Friendzone really is a guy's worst enemy.
If it's 1/20, then why spend months chaining?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Chaining is so annoying. I used to be alright at it but I cannot do it anymore really. The best chain I got was 10 shinies from a single Spoink chain, I still have them all in my Soul Silver game, I wish I was good at it again. I guess I just have to try it more >.<

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nathan, the 1/20 odds are reached after around 40 chains. I hit 30 in like 45 minutes, but that was only because I was on the internet at the same time. So it doesn't take nearly as long as normal shiny hunting. However, the chain is reset if:
-You're attacked by a random encounter Pokemon
-You leave the tall grass or go too far away from where you previously stood
-You encounter the wrong species of Pokemon (something different from what you originally encountered, starting the chain)
-You run out of wild Pokemon (which can be avoided by resetting the Pokeradar if there aren't many patches)

Augh. I want to chain again, after reading about Celebi's Spoink, but I won't have time to finish it before I go to bed. I have stuff to do tomorrow and should actually sleep.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
That was just lucky, it somehow didnt break and I just kept the chain going for hours and found all these shiny patches o.o I havent had any luck snce except for one random encounter Magnemte when I was chaining for it( found it in a regular shaking patch)

Years
I got my first ever shiny a few weeks ago. Sableye. Hatched from an egg. I was trying to do that "get 1,000,000 exp in one day" medal and having lvl. 1 Ghost-types fight lvl. 50+ Audinos seemed the quickest way.

Years
My first ever shiny was caught in Ruby, a female Serious nature Duskull. She still rests in my PC there to this day, never seen the light since.

Honest

Hi!
Years
....shiny chaining sounds like it would drive me insane. :I

Thank god I didn't know about this when I still had a DS. I'd spend all day and night on it.

droomph

weeb
Years
....shiny chaining sounds like it would drive me insane. :I

Thank god I didn't know about this when I still had a DS. I'd spend all day and night on it.
And you would be one of those kids who die from playing video games and we can't ever play them ever again because your parents petition the government to ban them

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It does drive you pretty insane in fact I got so pissed once when a chain broke that I turned off the game without saving, the downside, I lost a shiny Budew I'd gotten from a chain earlier. I still havent quite gotten over that... I would like to replace the Budew if I can.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Yeaaaaaahhhh, I wouldn't be able to do an hour of that without snapping and going 'all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy' :///

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
i'm going to be the cutest and sleekest dragonair and no one will stop me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back