• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Global Day of Net Neutrality Action: July 12, 2017

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
  • FCC should back off but let's keep in mind that it's only the USA where Net Neutrality is in danger. E.g. in Europe, EU has protected it.

Years
  • FCC should back off but let's keep in mind that it's only the USA where Net Neutrality is in danger. E.g. in Europe, EU has protected it.
    And it's only in danger because our government changed hands a few months ago, all while swapping party lines. This would not be an issue at all if party lines were the same in the transition. However, at the same time, I really believe that this should be something bipartisan as well with no involvement in political beliefs.

I fully support this measure. I'm not sure if I could add my website to this mix, but I would definitely support it to the best I can.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Side note, but when it becomes the 12th in your region you may see the petition pop up on PC. PPN has implemented this, all is normal, do not panic. :p

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • this could easily have world wide repercussions if the big video providers, for example, are forced to pay for access in the USA, your prices could jump to cover the added cost or the available bandwidth could be limited and your video or other download lags and buffers.

And since this is also a money grab, other smaller ISP throughout the world may follow suit and copy this madness.

DO NOT WANT!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I sent my copypasta letter when this day was first announced!

#Hipsterlife

Really though to all American's and non-americans please sign the petitions. We need to show the US govt that this is not what the people want, because at the end of the day the Government is there to serve us, not just the one percent.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Side note, but when it becomes the 12th in your region you may see the petition pop up on PC. PPN has implemented this, all is normal, do not panic. :p

Oh, I thought that pop up was only on websites that didn't originate from the United States. I didn't know all websites are doing it. Will it pop up again for me to sign when I visit PC again?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I went to the actual FCC website and signed there, copy and pasting the letter from the site listed in the OP.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    you would have thought they would have learned the first few times they tried this type of stunt.
    this ain't even a matter of politics, its a matter of greedy fools trying to take control of things best left as is

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    This is like leaving a child in a room with a single piece of marshmallow, making her promise she won't eat. You return an hour later, and it's gone.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    This is like leaving a child in a room with a single piece of marshmallow, making her promise she won't eat. You return an hour later, and it's gone.

ah comcast, they still think people believe them.
    bastards.
    might be time to set aside morals and go start systematically burning down all their different hqs across the us
    Viva La Pyromania!
    Spoiler:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I signed the petition twice. With two different addresses.

I'm sure this'll go to court again for violation of the first amendment rights, but we'll see.

Years
  • If Net Neutrality gets killed, I may have to be forced into quitting the places I love because of me being from a pensioner family. Also, I bet if the campaign fails everyone will next campaign to get the US government impeached because you do admit restricting people's rights to the internet like that will definitely be the worst decision to ever happen.

Last edited:
    Back