• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Then we can overuse 'deus ex machina" moments. As well as plot twists due to what the viewer reads. And we'll have 'twists'.

And we'll have soooo many red herrings, it'd make the reader cry.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    lol... then the monsters realizing they were somewhat powerless, dived into cards to be forced into turn based fighting, and the take over of the world went quite slow.

*looks at TCGs in general*

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Since I always come up with soundtracks for things, and this made me think of it...

Similar to Armageddon, only that is so much overkill that you no longer know why you are still reading it.
    I DON'T WANT TO CLOSE MY EYES
    I DON'T WANT TO FALL ASLEEP
    CAUSE I'LL MISS YOU BABY
    AND I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING

*runs*

That's also payback for this:

Also, to Asty... Does this mean that one of the orphans can be Val Wiggin? *ducks!*
    And she's not EAxis ugly. She's Wiggin-Takaishi ugly.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • And then Kenji-san, who always refers to himself in third person complete with Japanese honorific, even though he's not Japanese, saved the day by whacking the bad guys' Pokemon with giant playing cards and yelling 'SNAP!' Ten evil Pokemon fell this way before the rest of them surrendered before his sheer awesomeness. They begged for death, but Kenji-san refused because he was merciful. They then committed suicide because they had been denied the honour of dying by Kenji-san's godly hand.

=P

EDIT: Ninja'd. Twice. Fail.

Bay

Years
  • Armageddon? Haha, I still stay for the explosions and action, Michael Bay style. :D And oh, animal crackers too. :P

NO I'M NOT MICHAEL BAY. MY USERNAME DOES NOT REFLECT THIS! D:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • How do changes in the real world affect your writing?
    They don't affect my writing style in general, except maybe some references to the depression or so (when i fell like it) but it does affect my posting schedule. Right now, I'm on a somewhat tight schedule of maybe posting on and off after 4.00 p.m. while doing some other stuff. Weekends are better as I post on and off the entire day as oppsed to after 4p.m. and I can actually keep going until after 1.00 a.m.

Maybe next week I might not log in at all because I got to study for a trial exam but still...

Lulz, Indeed, I've always loved Robot Chicken, it puts too shame every other parody I've watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P089nlER-60
    Robot chicken's finest indeed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su2NVKayZ8U&feature=related
    On the subject of Pokemon. Indeed...

Indeed, indeed, indeed, *looks at SD's shot corpse*. Must...refrain...from...saying...INDE-! *shot*

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I DON'T WANT TO CLOSE MY EYES
    I DON'T WANT TO FALL ASLEEP
    CAUSE I'LL MISS YOU BABY
    AND I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING

That was totally unnecessary, and I think I may have to withhold you from any fun involving strawberry daiquiri-flavored jello and Olympic-sized swimming pools. :(

I see you, and raise you a this and a this.

Then I shall bring in the nostalgia win and have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEO9Mfmn4M

and to stay on topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRS90V8BQGo

and even more on topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a64VLtXTEZQ

and this one will have you saying one word:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtPgr94VYA4

I'm just glad having dial-up means YouTube and I aren't friends anymore. :D

That said, hows about a new writing topic?

Do you do TV Tropes-crawls, in which you browse articles on TV Tropes for hours on end? If so, do tropes appear in your fanfics (consciously or not)? And if so, share with us a few memorable ones.

(Will answer later, although I think AEM would get a page and a half of tropes I put in for giggles and "this fanfiction is a thinly veiled pack of geeky inside jokes.")

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Valentine said:
    That was totally unnecessary, and I think I may have to withhold you from any fun involving strawberry daiquiri-flavored jello and Olympic-sized swimming pools. :(
    Note to self: don't read posts without understanding the context.

Do you do TV Tropes-crawls, in which you browse articles on TV Tropes for hours on end? If so, do tropes appear in your fanfics (consciously or not)? And if so, share with us a few memorable ones.

I actually just came to the lounge to take a break from a TV Tropes-crawl, and it's taking all my willpower to resist going back now.

Tropes appear in almost every piece of fiction, and my fanfics are absolutely no exception. My usual trope usage manifests in the form of "Darker and Edgier," which is pretty common for fanfiction. I also made a point to use "Genre Savviness" in my parody. TV Tropes is the place to go if you make the mistake of thinking that you have a lot of new ideas.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Yes. Frequently. I really do love poking around TV Tropes for hours on end, and usually have the sense to make a new window for it so the inevitable flood of trope tabs won't make it too hard to browse other sites. xD I actually didn't know about TV Tropes until... say... a few chapters before Metal Coat ended, so I didn't use many conscious tropes. There were a few tropes I did recognize later on, however... [goes to find PE2K post that lists them]

WARNING: METAL COAT SPOILERS AHEAD.

Spoiler:

Probably a LOT more than that, though.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Do you do TV Tropes-crawls, in which you browse articles on TV Tropes for hours on end? If so, do tropes appear in your fanfics (consciously or not)? And if so, share with us a few memorable ones.

Unfortunately, with my reading addiction (which coincidentally includes reading; cereal boxes, the back of cd-boxes, random scraps of paper on the floor, and anything with readable words) it's hard to stop. And I think my TCNG fic has that split personality one. I never knew that.... I'm gonna fix that somehow *goes of to fix*.

I just read the Memory Gambit article and I was thinking, I thought Death Note and Dr. Who were original...

At TV Tropes, you'll find out things you didn't know that you didn't know....

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Do you do TV Tropes-crawls, in which you browse articles on TV Tropes for hours on end? If so, do tropes appear in your fanfics (consciously or not)? And if so, share with us a few memorable ones.
    Yeah, a lot. XD There are a few ones NE is under in:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

Years
    Absolutely. I can sit there for three hours, just going riiiight through. The Evil Overlord List makes appearances in many of my fics, along with Dangerously Genre Savvy. I'm sick of incompetent villains.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Doesn't bother me in the least. :D I'm like an OSC book.

Aside from a few brief instances where I checked the tropes page of one of my favorite books, and then a list of songs that sound romantic but aren't, I really haven't been through TVTropes at all.

So I can't really answer the question, except for the fact that I turned a kind of badly written canon character into the woobie little hero that he's supposed to be.

And now he's pregnant.

Oops, crossing stories here.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • TVTropes is pure gold. AND IT'S ALL SO TRUE!! *sobs* Really, it is so hard to avoid some of those tropes~!

And Evil Overlord List is pure win. I know it's not actually a TVTropes thing, but that's where I found it. IT'S ALL TRUUUUUUUUUE! *bawls*

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • So I can't really answer the question, except for the fact that I turned a kind of badly written canon character into the woobie little hero that he's supposed to be.

And now he's pregnant.

Oops, crossing stories here.
    Tell me you're not talking about Bean. I would be greatly disturbed if you made Bean pregnant. O_O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back