• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2015! How many stories...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How many stories have you started this year?

And how many stories/ficlets/written thingys have you actually finished? ;)

Bay

Years
  • From January to June, I haven't written anything haha but started again July of this year. A lot of my stories I wrote wasn't Pokemon hence why my writings haven't been posted here yet (they're either in Tumblr, AO3, FFnet, or all three). I'll divide it up by fandom.

Bravely Default
    Yeah, I actually wrote quite a bit of BD this year. What I wrote/finished-

-One 2K fic that's inspired by a song
    -A 1K fic based on prompt "Red"
    -A 10K fic based on two quote prompts and me going "oh my gosh how it went that long"
    -A 16K fic I wrote for National Novel Writing Month and made me go "okay how that went much longer than my 10K one". I haven't posted this one anywhere yet as I have someone else look over it.
    -A 3K fic I wrote for a gift exchange on tumblr
    -I also wrote a bunch of other short stories and scenes that I didn't post anywhere yet

Fullmetal Alchemist
    Did some FMA too, though much shorter ones.

-One 300 word domestic Ed/Winry fic based on prompt "Cake"
    -One 400 word Roy/Riza fic based on prompt "Deadlines"
    -A short 500 word based on prompt "Heirloom"
    -One over 2K fic for a gift exchange on Tumblr
    -Another over 2K fic for a prompt on livejournal and inspired by one fanart

Other fandoms
    A 600 word Iron Man/Marvel Cinematic Universe fic
    I actually also finished a short Pokemon fic, which I'll post later today!

So this year I got around 12 fics done! Some are very short while others are quite long (stares at two of my BD fics). Glad I was able to get some writing done this year, hopefully I'll do more in 2016!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I've written 5k words so far in my current project, and that's it really. I definitely want to write more solo stuff that isn't for RPs perse in 2016. I do love that, but solo writing allows me a bit more freedom.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I wrote only one fic in 2015, and didn't start anything new.

It's an eleven-chapter story, and I wrote 49000 words of it over the course of the year. Finished it a few weeks ago, and already settled in to edit/rewrite it. The new edition is at 10000 words and is going to be longer than the first version.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Let's see...

- One chaptered fic finished ["A Change of the Season"]! (It was started well before this year though, haha). Two chapters posted, rest require editing and beta reading. (My main beta reader has a lot of rl stuff going on, but they do find a bunch of typos.)

- Drabbles! Lots of drabbles. A few were done before but had minor edits, but the majority of the 25 I posted were written this year. (Have another two already written that may be posted end of this year/early next year). More to come, I hope. =)

- Started a original story during Nano that I ran out of time for. But I did get some words down and a bunch of plotting out of the way for it, which is good because I had a large roadblock before it. I ought to get back to that one.

- Silly song parody not posted anywhere, maybe I ought to share it sometime.

- Bunch of articles for a Pokemon webzine earlier in the year. Plus some writing elsewhere that won't see the light of day juuust yet. [/mysterious]

- Outside of writing, I judged the GT Writing prompt contest here, and sppf's fic contest as well. And did reviews for everything. @_@

And that's ignoring work-related writing of which I did a lot of the last few months. @_@ And I still feel like I could have written more if I had the time for it, tbh! But writing this post makes me feel better, so thanks for that Pikachu!

Let's talk about next year plans as well! Next year... more drabbles, finish posting the chaptered fic, more articles, more fleshing out/writing of the Nano fic, and maybe work on something else. (What I don't know. *something*, I suppose.) Also I ought to work on reviews outside of contests.

Last edited:

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • - 10-12 Short stories. Between 1000-3000 words each.
    - Probably like...twenty poems, at a guess? I'm always writing little poems here and there. And I had poetry module in my final term of Uni.
    - Two one-act plays + a collaboration on a third. One was about 15 pages, another was about 35. The collab was 38.
    - A two-act play which was the main part of my dissertation. I think that was 60 pages in the end.
    - Various bits of creative non-fiction. these are anywhere between 100 words and 2000.

Oh and I don't really count it, but I ghost-wrote a 20k e-novel. Still. Probably the longest piece of extended prose I've ever made myself do. >_o

I've started probably innumerable stories that never got finished, drafted a couple novels and written 5/6 chapters for fics that never saw the light of day or got eternally abandoned. My main focus is writing drama, most of the time.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've started two stories but haven't finished anything. I also revived an old story from last year in hopes of getting to around the halfway point, but ****ed up the story and gave up on it.

I've got two chapters equating to around 4k for a The World Turns which I started just a few days ago. Then I've got 6 posts of lore for Gyrah which were made back towards the beginning of Flash Fictions which equates to around 7k. Then the revival of Dreams of a peasant equals to about 12k. And then the prequel for DOAP that I started about a month ago is 3 posts that comes up to 5k.

I have a terrible time at sticking with things. Like I made two posts for DOAP when I started it last year and then ignored it and then started to do the same thing to The 22 which is its prequel. I've got all the characters listed on a notepad along with the first couple of major plot things but I've just not gotten around to actually writing it. And then The World Turns had been bouncing around my head for a while, so I went ahead and started to put that down. Maybe next year I'll be able to finish either TWT or T22.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I thiiiiink I started two major Doctor Who fanfiction stories, and they are both fully planned out (and are still getting favorites and follows on ffnet >.< ) but I lost time for it when thesis work ramped up in the spring. I should get back on them because the Doctor was great fun to write.

I also started on at least two pokémon fanfiction that I halted because I lost interest. That happens far too easily, I need strategies for sticking with stuff.

And I also started on my two main original story ideas. But one is so complicated that it needs to be reworked a bit, I think. It's nowhere near finished.

And then there are the roleplays, of course ;)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • If we're counting rp as well then I have so much more. Gunpowder alone is pretty thick. I've got ~20 solo posts, and then around 10 or so joint posts that come up to around the 50k mark. Around 10k for Astra, Titans is 6.5k, and then all of the here and there posts comes up to about 15k.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If we're counting rp as well then I have so much more. Gunpowder alone is pretty thick. I've got ~20 solo posts, and then around 10 or so joint posts that come up to around the 50k mark. Around 10k for Astra, Titans is 6.5k, and then all of the here and there posts comes up to about 15k.
    I'm gonna start counting my words, haha. I have no clue of how much I have in Crossroads and other JP heavy RPs though. Since, well, we write posts together and it's hard to keep track on which parts are your own.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2016
    Huh....I started a lot but didnt finish much this year xD
    Just counted and Ive started 6 projects with only 2 completed this year >_>

Incomplete:
    A novel about a trainee assassin(Granted, I started this in December)
    A novel about a refugee with the ability to slow down time(Only 2 chapters since June, I kinda got blocked on this one)
    A series of short stories about a thief(Got 4 stories done, was aiming for ~10)
    A novel about a future World War

Complete:
    A series of short stories that served as the backstory for the novel about the Trainee Assassin(started in July, finished in Sept)
    A set of three 350-500 word stories setting up the backstory and world of a future story(began and finished in June)

Back