• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
  • That's an oversight. Light Ball increases both attacks.
    Ahh, good point. I'll see what I can do about that.
    The TM thing must be a scripting error.
    What about the Ability Pill doesn't work?
    Woah! That's a huge essay xD
    Okay, it works now. I was trying to change Lucario's ability and it didn't worked on it. But now I tried it on Growlithe, and it worked. No, Lucario didn't had Justified, it had Inner Focus and it didn't changed to Steadfast even after using the Pill. I'll try to breed and use it on another Lucario, maybe as someone said before about his Snorlax, it might work for me as well.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • -wall of text-

I woooould really love it if you make a one of event where you could get a 6IV ditto, it could be a trade too or something, makes breeding for 6IVs, Hidden Power, and all that stuff easier. XD

how do you get an HA eevee? nvm, breeding the eeveelution from Cerulean Cave works haha

On another note: I'm sad that the Litwick's line's HA changed to Infiltrator from Shadow Tag in Gen V, it would make a very good revenge trapper, well they decided to give it to gengar instead -_-

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Essay for five pages of posts prepared. Also, thanks for everyone who answered others in the thread and cut the number of responses I need to give in half :P This post is incredibly long, so sorry - I probably missed some replies by accident. ctrl+f for your name. I know that a lot of these replies are very late, but I hope I'm finally caught up in terms of this thread. Thanks to everyone who has been playing.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

It's weird. It seems that whenever I use the power items for EV training, it gives a +4 ev stat for the power stat specified in the power item AND it also gives a + ev stat for the original ev stat given by the killed pokemon (but maybe just +1 or +0.5 ev stat).
    For the berries, I don't know how I got them. I think I got them from the berry trees scattered all over kanto.
    For the snorlax, nope. They both have the same "thick fat" ability. One works and the other doesn't. This just happened once though. I think it's okay.
    P.S. The emerald mega evolution partially works with multiplayer battle (only the host can mega evolve).

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years

• You misquoted me instead of Azurile13 XD
    Anyways, the Power Items work that way, +4 EV of designated Power Item and the EV of the foe. I've read it somewhere in bulbapedia on how Power items work.
    Edit: turns out I was right:
    EV-enhancing items are items which enhance the EVs gained when a Pokémon is defeated. All of them halve the Speed of the Pokémon holding them in battle while they are being held.
    These items' effects are doubled by the effect of Pokérus. For example, if a Chikorita with Pokérus that holds a Power Lens defeats a Haunter, that Chikorita would gain 12 EV points in Special Attack. Two would be from defeating the Haunter, four would come from the Power Lens, and the remaining six would be from the Pokérus's doubling effect. However, a Pokémon holding the Exp. Share will not gain any of these boosts, and unless already infected with Pokérus, will only receive the base EV yield of the defeated Pokémon. In Generation VI, the Exp. Share was made into a Key Item, meaning that Pokémon who receive experience from the Exp. Share can also take advantage of any held EV-enhancing items.

-Bulbapedia

anywaaaays, are all the Pseudo-legends at the Cerulean Cave Hidden Grotto?

Edit2: Is Me First not in the game yet? Just checked with the Move Tutor for Talonflame, didn't show, and it's already been a few weeks before I decided to give it Me First and I don't recall if Talonflame did learn it naturally.

Edit3: My Magic Guard Clefable got damaged by Stealth Rocks, also an Amoonggus used Clear Smog on my Klefki, it did show that I was immune to it but the Stat changes are cleared message still appeared, idk if the stat change clear worked or not cuz it was the start of the game and I didnt even boost.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    I got it to work. On a side note, does anyone know if there is any other hack that has the awesome features (like infinite tms and updated moves) without changing the original gen 1 pokemon that were there, or is there a program to edit this hack file (like how you edit ips, but instead for ups)?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    You misquoted me instead of Azurile13 XD
    Anyways, the Power Items work that way, +4 EV of designated Power Item and the EV of the foe. I've read it somewhere in bulbapedia on how Power items work.
    Edit: turns out I was right:

anywaaaays, are all the Pseudo-legends at the Cerulean Cave Hidden Grotto?

Edit2: Is Me First not in the game yet? Just checked with the Move Tutor for Talonflame, didn't show, and it's already been a few weeks before I decided to give it Me First and I don't recall if Talonflame did learn it naturally.

Edit3: My Magic Guard Clefable got damaged by Stealth Rocks, also an Amoonggus used Clear Smog on my Klefki, it did show that I was immune to it but the Stat changes are cleared message still appeared, idk if the stat change clear worked or not cuz it was the start of the game and I didnt even boost.

Oh sorry hahahaha. Yes that's how power items work, but there's a bug in the script of nameless fire red's power items.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I don't have an opinion of them yet, so not sure. But I don't sprite, so thats a big limitation.

Nope. The real big limitation could be base stats and such.
    Btw, I've been giving this a go on a phone some days ago and I must say, I freaking love the Exp. Share system.
    I've been wanting to ask though, can Lillipup have Pickup over here? I've tried a couple of times and the one at Route 2's HG always comes with Run Away </3 ..

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    Nope. The real big limitation could be base stats and such.
    Btw, I've been giving this a go on a phone some days ago and I must say, I freaking love the Exp. Share system.
    I've been wanting to ask though, can Lillipup have Pickup over here? I've tried a couple of times and the one at Route 2's HG always comes with Run Away </3 ..

That's because Run Away is its hidden ability, if you breed a few you should get a Pickup one eventually though.

I'm glad you're back tho azurile13, even though the hack is great as is I'm excited to see what else you add to it over time.

Years
  • What's the point on this game having mega evolution, we only get mega bracelet after beatting the league and even wen we have the bracelet as any one found a mega stone yet? The grotto are not marked near impossible to find unless u click in every peace of wall and vegetation in game and all grottos I found so far only ad pokemon in them... where are the mega stones? Can u please tell people the location of grottos and mega stonestone please or please give me the last four digit code of the mega stones in game kept would much appreciate

I found codes of 9 stones from 290 to 299 but I can't find the rest please help really want the code for audino and mewtwo and heracross

Last edited by a moderator:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I found codes of 9 stones from 290 to 299 but I can't find the rest please help really want the code for audino and mewtwo and heracross
    1: Please don't double post, just edit and add to your old post instead.

2: So far as I can tell, mega evolutions were added to keep people from bitching the game wasn't properly up to date.

3: ever single grotto location has been posted. Grottos are always at the top of a map facing upwards. Grottos has a 5% chance to spawn a pokemon every 256 steps. The chance for a mega stone to spawn should be either 1% or lower from what I've gathered

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    What's the point on this game having mega evolution, we only get mega bracelet after beatting the league and even wen we have the bracelet as any one found a mega stone yet? The grotto are not marked near impossible to find unless u click in every peace of wall and vegetation in game and all grottos I found so far only ad pokemon in them... where are the mega stones? Can u please tell people the location of grottos and mega stonestone please or please give me the last four digit code of the mega stones in game kept would much appreciate

Mega Evolution wasn't a good mechanic in the first place and tells the player that he/she should grab a Mega Poke or else he/she would be at a great disadvantage. It's nice to know that Mega Evolution isn't given out to you after the 3rd or 4th gym unlike main games or other romhacks.

Years
  • Completed the game and post game no stone was found thing is mega evolution is to be used in batle if u get it after beating every trainer are u gonna be using it against wild pokemon we'res the fun in that

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    Completed the game and post game no stone was found thing is mega evolution is to be used in batle if u get it after beating every trainer are u gonna be using it against wild pokemon we'res the fun in that

Right now the only way to get all the legendaries is to rematch the Elite 4 a ton of times. So megas are really useful for that. Plus I think the creator is planning on adding more endgame content eventually

The stones are in grottos you gotta just be lucky to get them. It makes sense that they're rare so there's some sense of accomplishment to finding one

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I already found 8 out of 40 something mega stones and have a lot of perfect IV Pokémon

The only question is where can I get a imposter ditto because I caught a hidden grotto ditto and it didn't have it is imposter even in the game?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2017
    Hey!

Can someone help me?! How can i randomize wild pokemons and trainers ?? Would like to paly full nuzlock mode but i in options i can't randomize it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2017
    Aahhhh so unlucky, so much would like to play with random pokemons in grass :CCCC

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi, I just came to ask: Can the wild Misdreavus, Yamasks, Gastlys and Haunters have a Spell Tag equipped just like in the official games?
    As I'm advancing through the plot, I'm also catching and evolving 'mons with the Exp. Share system and Gengar is one of my actual objectives.
    Just in case I've been searching in Lavender's Tower with Frisk but so far none of wild pokemons that appears over there seems to be carrying them so far.

Back