• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Pikachu, the mascot Pokémon?

Years
  • I'm not a super fan of Pikachu, but I don't blatantly hate it either. It's a good mascot! Just wish there was more attention on other starter Pokemon at times

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
    Years
  • Im fine with pikachu.

But in real life. He is just a yellow rat who would get his neck snapped by a mouse trap.

Also rats have short life spans.

So if pikachu was real he would die in like four years.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Im fine with pikachu.

But in real life. He is just a yellow rat who would get his neck snapped by a mouse trap.

Also rats have short life spans.

So if pikachu was real he would die in like four years.

As a pikachu hater, this comment cracked me up

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pikachu? It's good, and it really revolutionized Pokemon's popularity. But, I used to hate it. I don't know why...these days, I love Pikachu and kinda collect them. I have a lot of Pikachu merch, tbh. I think Pikachu will continue to be popular, but not to Mickey Mouses's level. Maybe someday, though?

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I love Pikachu, I thought they were overrated for a long time because of course, being a mascot character they oversaturated Pokemon merch as a whole. But now I think Pikachu is really cute and lovable. I think a big part of it is Pikachu's VA, Otani Ikue, who made Pikachu's voice so memorable and iconic.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2019
    I think it should either have been Rhydon (which they were going to do in 1993) or Clefairy. I like Clefairy and it has generally broad appeal. On the other hand I'm kinda glad it was Pikachu so that neither of them got oversaturated.

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Another Raichu lover here! Best Pokemon <3 But Pikachu is cute, too, and has a cool appeal for young boys which helped make it universally appealing to children, so I really wouldn't have had it any other way. Clefairy has always seemed like it was too pink and cutesy to achieve that. I think it's part of the reason Kirby didn't sell so well in the States but sold quite well in Japan.

Back