• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Design a Trainer Competition

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Design a Trainer Competition

Design your dream trainer!
    This is Design a Trainer! You ( as the title says), design your own trainer, post it here, and then (after August 15th), us judges will judge the trainers on originality, how descriptive your info is, and so on! May the best judge win!

GUIDELINES

This contest is pretty simple, but here are some steps in making the best trainer of 'em all!
    • History - Make it balanced between a good and bad history. Trainer should not always have the time of their life, but they should not have the worst life either. Telling us what Pokemon they have through the history would be very nice as well.
    • Personality - Make it descriptive! Don't just tell us how they act. What are their weaknesses? Their strength? How they feel about things? It'll certain give you more points than "Lilia is a very bright girl, and always enjoys hanging out with her friends!"
    • Appearance - Ahhh, the big one. Here, you must provide us with a detailed description on how they look, and not just their clothing. Telling us their body build, hair, and other minor details will help us picture the character. But what else would? Your own drawings! Right, if you support yourself with your own drawings, bonus points will be awarded if done well.

RULES

• Entries must be posted by August 15th (Sunday)
    • Please provide you're own trainer. It's Design a trainer, not give us a form of an existing character.
    • If you provide art, it must be your own art!
    • People are free to comment on other peoples' characters. No flaming though.
    • Please follow the format that we provide you below, so it's easier to judge all of them accurately.
    • Respect the judge's opinions and choices as well as being tolerant towards other members' submissions.
    • You may only enter with 1 trainer design so be careful with what you choose!

FORM

Name:
    Appearance (you may add your own art here):
    Personality:
    Biography/History:
    Where do they appear (anime, game, manga etc.):

JUDGES

Abnegation
    Luke
    BinaryPeaches

ENTRANTS

Shiny Politoed
    Weavile77
    rilou8
    Zeta Dimenteo
    Azure
    World King
    Roswell
    xxkaylaybby
    Chaosong
    Loki
    Destiny Demon
    Iqid Loopz
    Tokiahumaneko
    InfernoRogue
    Brendino
    ScarletGamer
    Elite Overlord leSabre
    coolnick37
    Dahlia411
    Bluerang1
    Dr. Octogonapus
    -------------------

Last edited:

weavile77

maste of darkness...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    Was really looking forward to this part:)
    will be posting trainer soon.

Can i use a pkmn. i used in the "Create a pkmn." event?

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • YES!!! This is what i was hoping for ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Count me in :D

Name: Bryce Porter
    Appearance
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

Biography/History:

Spoiler:

Where do they appear (anime, game, manga etc.):

They would appear as an amine or manga character most likely as a gym leader :)

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I really want to do this! *u*
    But I don't know if I'll make it. ._.;

Would it be alright if I used a trainer I've made in the past for roleplaying purposes, or would you like a completely brand new fresh off the presses trainer? ouo

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i think i'll enter for the sake of keeping me busy :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I really want to do this! *u*
    But I don't know if I'll make it. ._.;

Would it be alright if I used a trainer I've made in the past for roleplaying purposes, or would you like a completely brand new fresh off the presses trainer? ouo

So long as you fill all the requirements you may post something that derives from the past yes.

Was really looking forward to this part:)
    will be posting trainer soon.

Can i use a pkmn. i used in the "Create a pkmn." event?

If you feel that the pokemon you design corresponds to the trainer you design in some way then yes you may. Be sure to give a little information on the pokemon you designed just so we know how it relates to the trainer etc.

weavile77

maste of darkness...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    Name: The Hunter
    Appearance: An 18-year-old tall male with a thin frame. His attire consists entirely of a black jacket over a black turtleneck and black jeans. His hair is dark as completely black, shoulder length, wild, and unkempt.His eyes are an extremely dark shade of brown. His skin is inhumanly pale.
    Personality: He is extremely quiet, and will almost never speak, primarily b/c his voice is so deep and infused w/ malice that anyone listening flees in fear. He is cold, but not cruel. He Despises those who treat Pokemon as weapons, and believes the true way to utilizing a pokemon's full potential is through bonding w/ them.

Biography/History: The Hunter lived in the realm where Giratina resided before being banished to the distortion realm. When he was 10*, Giratina brutually murdered both his parents, and his younger sister in front of him (his orginal name was Harry, but he changed it later).He wandered the streets, homeless, orphaned, and hopless. It was a painful struggle to survive.At 14*, Arceus appeared to the realm and banished Giratina to the distortion realm, and placed an unbreakable seal over it. At 15*, one night, he was so hungry that he feared he would starve,so he stole food from a nearby restaurant. He was caught and chased by the owner and his pokemon (Aggron and Nidoking). He was cornered in an alley in minutes.
    "I'll give you your crappy food back, just let me go,"he says, laughing nervously.
    "Then you'll never learn, you evil, little brat,"he then says w/ a sinister air "It's time you learn a lesson you won't soon forget:Aggron, iron head, and Nidoking, use posion jab!" Harry Throws up his arms to protect himself, when both Pokemon stop in their tracks. He dares a glance to see both the Pokemon and trainer w/ absolutely terrified looks on their faces. He turns around to see what appears to be a shadow. It steps forward, wraps a shadowy wing around harry protectively, and hisses at the owner and his Pokemon, showing a full row of razor sharp fangs. As he turns to run, Aggron accidentally knocks him over, and Nidoking tramples him. In an instant, the shadow Pokemon is upon him. Harry looks away, but hears his screams of pure agony. When the screams cease, Harry looks to see that only the owner's clothes and pokeballs remain. The shadow pokemon turns to harry. He prepares to defend himself as it approaches. It stops in front of him, and "de-shadowfies", displaying its regular, smooth body. Harry reaches out a hand to the shadow pokemon, and it replied by doing the same. When their hands touched, Harry felt an incredible bolt of power, and a word appears in his head,
    Abiss.
    He pauses, then asks back using his mind,
    "Is that your name?"
    Yes. For the next 3 years*, Harry spent time getting to know Abiss (at 17, Harry changed his name to The Hunter, as well as adopted the dark attire), and competing in different battle tournaments for money and a place to stay. On his 18th birthday, he journeyed to spear pilliar to access the Distortion Realm. Once there, he is challenged by Arceus. He and Abiss conquer it fairly easily. As Arceus Faints, the portal to the Distortion Realm is opened. Abiss lands and wraps a wing around The Hunter.
    I can sense something in there. Something ancient, evil, and very angry. The two had become incredibly adept at telepathy.The Hunter merely smiles and says,
    "Then lets go give him Hell."At which point, they walk into the Distortion realm to avenge his family. He then spends all eternity in a constant and unrelenting quest for Giratina.
    Where He appears-He appears in Platinum in the Distortion realm after Giratina is caught/KO'd
    and challenges you to a battle for conquering his nemesis.
    *-In The Hunter's home realm, 1,000 earth years=1 of their years
    Please let me know if you spot any notable typos/spel/grammar errors, as well as if the story is hard to follow, has too many holes, etc.
    Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2015
    im in things have been done

name Aura Ketchum
    age 10
    personality brave
    history Aura is Ashs brother when Ash was 3 Aura got captured by team plasma when Aura was 10 he got free and went to Hoenn and got his first pokemon a Treecko soon Aura went to Isshu and became League champ his pokemon are Grovyle Mudkip Infernape Charizard Lucario and Riolu

ps the thumbnail is my trainer

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I will just give a slight hint to everyone images are good, but description is good as well.

That's all~ Keep up with the entries!

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • I'm in, expect an awesome, drawing very soon...maybe I should use the one I made a few months ago....

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Spoiler'd so that you don't have to scroll down a lot more. This is my character, one who is from an RP. I edited his history a bit to give him a finishing story.

Spoiler:

And there you go. No pic, since I can't draw to save my life, and I have no one to draw it.

Back