• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Design a Trainer Competition

Dahlia411

That Crazy Video Gamer Girl
Years
  • Name: Kiki Mesomay
    Appearance (you may add your own art here):
    Personality: Kiki has an interest in Math, Science, Pokemon researching, and computers. She is a very spunky girl, and tends to be in another world. Described as overly-nice, Kiki is extremely smart. She has a wide interest in computers, and hopes to program a whole new variety of Pokemon someday. She tends to be a bit of a spazz sometimes.
    Biography/History: Kiki Mesomay was born on October 31st, 1994 to Makono Mesomay. As a little girl, she would often help her mom out at the computer, instead of playing with dolls and toys like normal little kids would. Because she never really fit in at her school, Kiki ever only had 1 best friend, Collin Vont. Kiki was always top of her class, and was allowed to skip to 7th grade from 5th.
    Where do they appear (anime, game, manga etc.): Kiki appears in the game Black and White, as Makono's daughter and Professor Aragai's assistant. She often runs in with the main protagonist, and gives them helpful information

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Ah, I'm done. I enjoyed doing the bio actually, didn't think I would. Though I made it up as I went along. But his game and Anime roles were already planned in my head.

Spoiler:

That's it. Role in game is really meant to be a guy who want to rule the world, so the "set Pokémon free" isn't really him, he's more of a "I'm better than everyone else so I should rule" kind of guy. That wasn't made up as I went along.

Some of this is based on yours truly. ;)

Years
  • FINALLY!I finished it.. Hope you all like her~!

Name
    : Vivvian
    Appearance
    (( She wears combat boots; I can't draw them, so... <3 ))
    Spoiler:

-- WARNING --
    MAJOR
    TL;DR'S AHEAD

Personality: Vivvian is a Poison-type Pokémon trainer; she's a bubbly female. She's never been seen with a frown on her face nor has she ever been known to get angry. She can be excessively loud when she's either hyper of very happy; especially during her Gym battles. While in public, she keeps up her happy facade. When she's alone, her personality flips; her hyper and happy counterpart gone. She's a very quiet and introverted. She'd rather play with her own Pokémon than risk them getting hurt over a small piece of metal. She's a very intelligent girl as well; able to assess the situations her Pokémon may encounter against her opponent by analyzing their posture and even speech. She can even hold her own against some Psychic enthusiasts such as Will and even Sabrina. However, be that as it may, just the mere thought of her beloved Pokémon getting hurt makes her cringe. When her Pokémon get knocked out during a Gym battle, her heart sinks. Her judgment -due to the panic that quickly arises- becomes impaired and her Pokémon tend to become unnerved. Once a battle has dwindled down to an end, she immediately heals her Pokémon before rewarding any badges or giving and congratulatory speeches to her challenger. In the end, however, she'll eventually crack under the pressure of her own mask and show the world her true self. Until that day comes though, she'll continue to keep up her facade. Vivvian's personal quote is, " You can't win unless you try."

Biography/History

Spoiler:

Debut
    : Vivvian appears within the games, as of now. She is the eighth Gym Leader of the Celiou region; she is in charge of the Venom Badge. Her Gym Design is a lovely marsh-themed area where her beloved Poison-type Pokémon can feel more at home; there are several underground routes that only she knows of where she can go to play with her partners and actually be herself. Her Gym is quite unique, being able to capture several Poison-type Pokémon you can't catch anywhere else. There aren't any other Trainer's within her Gym, but, a challenger must have Surf and Strength. Her Gym is basically like a maze of thick, muddy water full of irritating and annoying detours; the design was based on her late father's within the Sharorn region. He was to be a Gym Leader, but, due a series of events, his dream wasn't achieved. Once the challenger manages to reach her little 'area' she won't be there. Instead, the challenger has one final obstacle to face; they must answer a random question and they must answer it correctly otherwise they'll be sent to the beginning of the Gym. Once answered correctly, Vivvian will appear. Vivvian has a total of five Pokémon on her team; Ariados, Nidoking, Arbok, Drapion, and Skuntank. Once defeated, she'll run away and come back moments later with her Pokémon fully healed; she'll hand over the Venom Badge and give you TM36, Sludge Bomb.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Darn... I was hoping I would get the to do this, but alas, by weekend was quite hectic and I did not get the chance. All I got was some weird sketches of a possible look and a couple personality notes, not enough for something like this. I'm a failure. ;_; But on the bright side I enjoyed everyone else's entries!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Deadline announced

The deadline is going to be tonight at 12am GMT which is 6pm central time. If you have a late entry or edit PM me. I might accept a few if you're not too late.

Amaaaazing entries so far though guys, I must say I am very very impressed. So please get your entries up so we can begin our judging.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    Name: Maximillion Steller
    Appearance (you may add your own art here): https://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af32/Maxulus/Trainer.jpg?t=1281974065
    Personality: Maximillion is a rather arrogant man who has a great sense of justice. He believes that pokemon are friends , however they should be trained to the very limit to become the strongest of their kind. He dislikes other ways of training and he shows it clearly. He hates when people abbandon their pokemon for being weak and he captures them to train them and make them stronger.
    He likes making friends , but only if they are trustworthy. He says that if he had to intreact with a person who acts in a bad way , for his whole life , he would never befriend him.
    He likes training himself with his pokemon. His diet consists of a lot of food and all the types of food.
    Biography/History: Maximillion was once a child who hated pokemon and the people who liked them. However , one day , we fell from a cliff. He thought that he was dead but much to his surprise he was saved by a Pidgeot. That made him believe in the friendship between humans and pokemon and since then he could not wait to get his very first pokemon and so he began studying battle strategies despite the fact that he had never been in a battle before.

A Young Trainer's Journey!

After a couple of years , when he was 10 years old , he began his journey after being given a Cyndaquil. With the help of his partner , he managed to get the first 4 badges but he realised that he had to add another pokemon in his team. After searching for a good pokemon to catch , he came across a trainer who owned a Dratini. The trainer challenged Maximillion to a battle and he agreed. By using various offensive moves for defense and some defensive moves for offense , Maximillion's Cyndaquil managed to defeated the Dratini easily. Then , the trainer blamed Dratini for his loss and decided to abbandon it. Maximillion who knew that the pokemon lost the battle because its trainer lacked the skill , he captured it and got the rest of his badges. During the time he got the rest of his badges , Cyndaquil and Dratini evolved into Quilava and Dragonair respectively.

Silver Conference: Nincada's Determination!

Later , the Silver Conference was about to begin. Various trainer who had traveled from around the world joined the conference and Maximillion knew that the battle was about to be great. He had one more weak to train. Unlike other times , this league's battles would be three on three. The young trainer knew that he had to catch another pokemon and so he decided to catch a Tangela. However , Tangela refused to obey him and it looked like it wanted to go. Instead , it wanted to stick with another trainer that Maximillion met in the Silver Conference , and so he traded it for a Nincada. However , Nincada was pretty weak and it needed a lot of training. Until the battles began , Maximillion kept on training it. Meanwhile , he also discovered that the trainer who abbandoned Dratini was also there.
    When the battles began , Maximillion's first battle was against the trainer that gave him the Nincada. The trainer gave Nincada because he knew that it was pretty weak and did that so that Maximillion would have weaker pokemon. After an epic battle between Quilava and one of the trainer's pokemon that ended up in a tie , Maxulus sent out his Nincada. The trainer send out a Golem. Nincada was unable to do a lot. However , as it wanted to try its best for its trainer , it gave everything it got but nothing happened. However , just before it was about to lose it evolved into Ninjask and completely obliterated the Golem because of the diference between their speed and by using its Double Team attack that its just learned. Then , the trainer sent out Tangela. Before Ninjask could do anything it was trapped by a Leech Seed attack and lost to the Vine Pokemon. But , Maximillion had a trump card. After Nincada evolved , another pokemon appeared as well...A Shedinja! Using Shedinja , he managed to defeat his battle and he progressed to the next round.

Silver Conference: Dragonite's Will!

The next battle , though , would be a lot tougher. The trainer was a guy that Maximillion met after he got his fourth badge. It was the guy who abbandoned Dratini. Having learned from his battle with Maximillion , he was now a lot stronger than before and determined to defeat him. After some good battles , Ninjask managed to defeat the man's first two pokemons. However , the third pokemon was the powerhouse of team. It was a Pupitar who was eager to battle until the end. Maximillion recalled Ninjask and used Quilava which was easily defeated after its opponent evolved into Tyranitar and a Sandstorm appeared. Shedinja could not be used as it would be defeated from the Sandstorm immediately. The only choice was to use Dragonair , but that would happen after the trainer used Batton Pass to strengthen it. Ninjask began with a Swords Dance to go on with the plan but it was hit with an extremely powerful Hyper Beam. The last chance was to use Dragonair. As soon as Dragonair appeared and watched at the Tyranitar , it was scared but at the view of its former trainer it was determined to win. It attacked with various attacks but still nothing happened. Tyranitar had trapped it with a Rock Tomb on the ground and was charging a Hyper Beam. Everything seemed like Maximillion was about to lose but right before the attack was launched the dragon pokemon began shining and evolved into Dragonite. With the help of its wing it flew away at the last second and dodged the attack. The battle was at its peak. Dragonite moved its wings so fast that the Sandstorm subsided. It could see clearly at its former trainer and began getting angry as it remembered that it was abbandoned only because it was weak. That made Dragonite learn Outrage and unleashed its anger on Tyranitar. Tyranitar was still standing though. Its trainer could not believe that the pokemon that had severely damaged his Tyranitar was his former Dratini and he ordered another Hyper Beam attack. Maximillion pointed his finger towards the trainer and he said "This is an attack of friendship at its maximum power! Dragonite , show that our friendship is enough to defeat that Tyranitar! Use Return!" and the Dragon Pokemon began charging towards Tyranitar. It was directly hit by the Hyper Beam attack but the power of the Return attack was even greater and after a direct hit it defeated Tyranitar. Maximillion had proven to his rival as well as the people who watched his match , that friendship is what makes a trainer and a pokemon strong. Then , he ended up losing in the last battle of the Conference. He was determined to continue , though and he traveled to other regions , getting other pokemon including a Bagon and a Gible as well as a Porygon who had a Hidden Power of Dragon Type , taking Battle Frontier challenges and 10 years later , he became the Champion of the Silver Conference by using the seven pokemon he had with him at that time: Typhlosion , Dragonite , Ninjask , Shedinja , Shelgon , Garchomp and Porygon Z. After he lost to the next champion he was asked to become a frontier brain. He agreed and now he runs the Battle Center , a secret battling facility of the Kanto Battle Frontier.
    Where do they appear (anime, game, manga etc.): He appears in the anime as a secret frontier brain. As he uses clever strategies and moves like Trick Room with his Porygon Z or Protect with his Ninjask to buy time for Speed Boost so that he will use Batton Pass , he gives the Mind Symbol.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Deadline announced

The deadline is going to be tonight at 12am GMT which is 6pm central time. If you have a late entry or edit PM me. I might accept a few if you're not too late.

Amaaaazing entries so far though guys, I must say I am very very impressed. So please get your entries up so we can begin our judging.

Thank you x3 I can't wait to see the results. I doubt I'll place but hey, you never know ;)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay guys thank you for your entries! The entry period is officially over. Now you may feel free to discuss the competition and how you found it!

Good luck to all of you and wowowowow there was some cracking submissions that I cannot wait to review.

Years
  • I must say, this competition was quite the tough one.
    I've gotten a bit rusty; it's been a while since I've even attempted any sort of biography, and to be honest, I'm quite pleased as to how it came out! As Abnegation said, there are some amazing entries here! <3

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Since I have an obscene self-loathing over my writing, I say congrats to whoever wins. Doubt it'll be me. This is probably my longest profile, sadly.

I'll admit, there are some good entires here. If I win, which I doubt I will, then I would be surprised.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I can't wait to see who won! :D I tried my best with what time I have, but good luck everyone!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    It was a good competition :D. No matter who won , we tried to and that is what matters :D

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Did the results came in yet? =P Can't wait to see who wins ^_^ Good luck to all of us xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ah, the fact that the results aren't here would partly be my fault. I've finished deciding my winners, and Gav has decided his, but I have yet to PM Luke mine (and possibly Gav's) and see what Luke's opinions/decisions are and such before posting any results. :U;;

I deeply apologize; I'll try to see 'bout contacting Luke on the subject and seeing about getting official results soon!

Back