• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Ever since it was announced Ash would be doing a school-based quest in the anime, I feel that dropping the Gyms from the games divided the fanbase more than ever.

pkmin3033

Sun and Moon feel an awful lot like the Final Fantasy XIII of the Pokemon franchise to me...it's going to be interesting to see what comes next, because my dividing the fanbase up neatly the way they have Game Freak are inevitably going to annoy a hell of a lot of people.

Years

Game Freak are clearly making risky moves with the recent generations, such as attempts at pulling a reboot and trying completely different formulas. If the reboot thing keeps happening, the fanbase will be badly alienated unless if the next generation somehow pleases everyone.

pkmin3033

The thing is, nothing is completely different - at its core, it all remains exactly the same. The problem lies in the presentation, not the approach. You can't reboot a series if you don't do anything different...it'd be like if they suddenly decided to replace PP with MP. Call it what you want, but it's still the same thing.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Oooh, regarding Pikachu vs Mega Lucario, are you referring to this music?

As for my favorite openings, that's a tough one! I'm gonna stuff a bunch of links in the spoiler tag below, haha. (I love all of the XY openings, but I didn't include any of them here since they're apparently harder to find. xD) How about you? Which openings are your favorite? :D

Ah, and to answer your last question: not exactly! The original series hasn't been completely subbed either. And Diamond & Pearl is mostly subbed, but they're missing a good chunk of the earlier episodes. However, Advanced Generation still has by far the least subbed episodes... by an overwhelming margin. <__<

Yep it's definitely that one. Though I feel like the moment died as soon as the XY theme played at the end of the figtht lol.

For me my favorites are the XYZ opening along with the Bw opening you posted (I rememberd seeing it before). To be honest I actually haven't seen that many of the Japanese openings. Just recent stuff.

Hmm, well I'm sure someone will get around to subbing them eventually. While I was watching XY there were still subs coming out for older stuff, is that still happening?

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years

So I've just watched the trailer. Who are those new people? Where are Misty and Brock?

Well one thing for sure they're gonna be R34 materials lol

pkmin3033

I wonder how they're going to handle the movie beyond what we've seen, honestly...could this be the start of an OVA series, if it proves to be popular enough? I wonder what the Pokemon anime would be like without the filler in it. I didn't like Pokemon: The Origin for what it cut out, but I DID like the idea of it. I wonder if they'll take this any further than the movie?

pkmin3033

I find that difficult to believe...since when has anyone or anything associated with Nintendo ever listened to fans?

pkmin3033

The Metroid takedowns were far worse than those in my opinion...Nintendo actually make Pokemon games. We haven't had a proper Metroid since Corruption in 2007. They're unbearably anal when it comes to protecting their precious copyright, though.

pkmin3033

Oh, I don't think people will stop...they just won't be public about developing them. After all, once it gets on the internet, takedown notices don't matter one bit.

pkmin3033

I suppose I can see Nintendo's perspective, but given how thoroughly anti-consumer they are, I think it's quite offensive that they police their fans this way too.

pkmin3033

Maybe, but Nintendo's takedown didn't make a difference really - it's on the internet now, and there is literally nothing that they can do about it. Maybe the creator can't distribute it themselves, but the effort won't go to waste.

Honestly, I think the only reason Nintendo's anti-consumer practices are becoming more noticeable is because they're adopting some of the worst industry practices now...and they aren't keeping costs down to be competetive. The Switch is just obscenely priced...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back