• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](IC)

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
Listening to Amaryllis was hardly her favorite activity, but it meant she didn't have to do anything while she was doing so. Also apparently we were making some kind of stand? News to her but then again when wasn't she just finding out about something, it's not like anyone around here went out of their way to explain things on a regular basis, but then again it's not like she bothered to ask either. Though she was certain her boss was about to leave her without something to do and was rather happy with that notion, until she heard Amaryllis scream to go and help Samuel. Letting out a sigh, she headed over to see what was possibly wrong with the Bidoof. Emphasis on doof.

Scuttling over to where Samuel was, she entered only to see a rather pitiful sight. Evidently Amaryllis had thought it would be a good idea to let him try to get one of these busts down, of course her boss should have known better than to let this happen. If any expression could come from her pupil-less eyes, it would have been pity. "Here, let me help you." she said as she went over and easily lifted the bust off of her coworkers tail, setting it down gently next him on the floor. Of course after moving the statue she immediately noticed how swollen Samuel's tail seemed to be, not to mention it looked slightly crooked, or at least it did to her, not that she ever paid enough attention to know what his tail had looked like in the first place but she at least assumed it was puffier looking than before "That doesn't look to good, are you alright?" she asked, genuinely concerned for his well being. But also thinking about how poor Amaryllis was of a coordinator if the Florges thought letting Samuel lift heavy things was a good idea.

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
After listening to Castiel's reassurance that Goro was not about to bust them and have a whole traumatic run in with the police, Blair breathed an audible sigh of relief, looking more at ease. Thank Arceus! I'm telling you, I do not need the police. Screw them! What have they ever done for me, apart from being corrupt and ruining my childhood? As Errol came in, nervously saying "H-hello, Blair," she merely huffed softly, not saying a thing as she mulled over more unsavory incidents from her childhood and not liking the memory of it. Barely paying attention, she caught the end of Castiel's response to her mumbled comment pertaining to the stain. She had heard bits and pieces about getting a spray to clean it up and then needing to get Errol's bowl filled with water. Picking up on what she heard, she sighed, and left the checkout counter to get his plastic bowl, which was sitting somewhere in the back supply room. Blair was indifferent to him, but she was thoroughly annoyed that he had so many needs. I mean, couldn't he have found a job closer to the beach and have them deal with this? What's he think this is, school?

After sifting through miscellaneous supplies and finding his bowl, she picked it up, and prepared to have it filled up, walking towards the restroom. She put the bowl underneath the faucet and filled it up. Realizing she couldn't get both the bowl and spray without spilling the bowl or dropping it, Blair hurried over to get the bowl to the counter where Errol was waiting. She plunked the bowl down and went back to find that cleaning spray to get rid of that stain. Man, whoever that guy who ate that snowcone, screw that guy. Those black things bit me and it hurt! Surely wasn't me. I only get lime from that stand. She went back to get the cleaning spray, all the while never catching on to the possibility that the "stain" was actually a Pokemon snooping on the store, having met only one Kecleon in Blair's entire life.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
The Boulevard
5:43 AM | beside Forget-Me-Not

zQ6pRs9.png
L3aLOsZ.png

The ursine colossus had only creaked his jaw to let his breath seep from between teeth before the freckled Chimecho hastily brushed him off and retreated around the back. He shut his mouth now, but it was particularly clenched. As were his fists.

WARNING:
Goro is SUSPICIOUS!

He, like a revolving door, pivoted on his heel and turned around, now intent on making his way to the store front to halt the fleeing offender. Taking a few heavy, purposeful steps with arms swaying strongly by his side, he was cut off around the corner by the presence of a shuffling Florges.

Amaryllis was rubbing her eyes of residual crust, her mouth turned down in an irritable fashion. When she batted her eyes open, she noticed everything had went white, and for a moment she looked panicked, before realizing that the white was a little fuzzy. Literally.

She peered up at an angry bear.

"Oh, Goro!" Amaryllis greeted with a crack in her voice, a nearly wildly disoriented look as she frenetically patted down her trembling mane. "This is unexpected! I just came out here to look for my employee!" She offered an impeccable grin and a forced chuckle, wringing her hands as she dared to hold eye contact with the guard. "I sent her out to take out the trash! I thought I heard her voice, did she, ah--"

"She fled," he grunted. The usual sonorous growl that was his voice now had a barely noticeable edge to it.

It took Amaryllis a moment, but when she did, her eyes widened just a little and her smile faltered just a tad before she pinched the bridge of her tiny snout, shutting her eyes and taking a deep breath. They both knew Rina had made a grave mistake.

"I... Goro, I apologize on behalf of her," she started, peering back up to him, trying again to smile despite the annoyance that was knitted into her brow. "She's rather new to town, and surely you understand that sometimes you can be a bit, ah... daunting?"

Goro said nothing, but if one stared long enough, it would have looked as if his face had petrified in intensity.

Just then, there was the heavy sound of a great weight slapping pavement, and the both of them turned their attention just a few strides away. A Furret with a somewhat shaggy yet uniquely pink coat and a poorly-coordinated buttoned scarf was trying--unsuccessfully--to hide their winded look after lugging a large sac of mulch.

"Hey Mom," Cicaro uttered, "Verne didn't show up to help me with the mulch. You're still good for that tea, right?"

Amaryllis clasped her hands. Cicaro, her only sociable employee today, one with whom she had made a more empathetic connection with and motherly impression upon, or so she likes to think. Surely she could manipulate him just one more time to get Goro off her back.

"Cicaro! Sweetheart!" She canted her head to the side and tried to pull out her winning charm, all the while holding a recognizable sharpness in her eyes. "Thank you for running that errand, I so appreciate it! Look, Goro is here! Why don't you..." She started to trail off as Goro lumbered past her, approaching the Furret with steps that seemed to shake loose gravel. Without saying a word, the Festival Guard stood before the ferret, flicked the twig in his mouth, and bent down, effortlessly picking up the sack of mulch with just one paw.

"Everyone, inside," he demanded. "Now."

"Let's go, Cicaro~," she called out to him, beckoning him with a rolling wrist and a lilt in her words. She waited until the Furret was beside her before she started to walk alongside him, headed for the open front door. She had noticed with a quick glance back that Goro had not left his spot, opting instead to watch them both return into the store with a certainty.

Glaring out of the corner of her eye at Cicaro as they neared the door, she murmured just loud enough for the Furret to hear:

"You get your end of the bargain after I deal with the wind chime."

Spirited Away
5:43 AM | Supply Room

EtbhL2l.png

Blair had burst into the Supply Room, rummaged around for Errol's bowl, and then left without so much as a single acknowledgement of her boss. This, though, Castiel didn't particularly mind. He wasn't one for small talk while he was distracted with a task.

"Here we are."

His orange gem began to cloud with what seemed like a mysterious purple haze deep within, and as he pulled back, a tall narrow box lined with a faint light purple emerged from a pile of cardboard boxes in the corner. Even longer than the box were its contents, as the ends of some colorful rolls of pattern print poked out.

The box followed Castiel out of the Supply Room, whose door shut itself behind.

"Alright, here are some table cloths for the stand," he called out across the floor as he made his way to the small table that stood in the space near Checkout. He let the box prop itself up beside the table, and then the purple glow retreated from the box itself and now lined only its contents, the rolled up covers unsheathed themselves and laid themselves out on the tabletop.

"Oh, it looks like there are some wrapping papers in there as well," he noted, looking everything over and sifting through them. "Good for you all. So, for table cloths, we have this nice cloth with all different muted shades of blue and purple, in the form of a traditional wave pattern. It catches the eye and it's not too overbearing, I don't think.

"Next we have this navy blue crochet one with a star pattern on top, but then the skirt of made of long, thin tassels. Careful with this one though, because those strands do get knotted.

"I have these two wallpapers as well. The first one is a gradient of a deep indigo into a royal violet. It's made to look like a star map, with a few Unown constellations in there. A nice little touch of artistic license with that one.

And the last one here, it's an iridescent black with some faint pattern that kind of looks like eyes staring back at you. This one is kind of subtle, but its reflectiveness catches the eye."

Finished with his showcase, he let them be where they were. "That's all for now. You lot decide which one you like best, but that's not the end of it. We need to really buckle down and get to designing the overall stand, you lot. Every single one of you is important in this. Come on, let's all come around here and get to work. You too, Errol. Roll yourself over here. We need all the input we can get on a solid direction."

Years

Absol%2BOutline.png

SILVER

Silver smiled happily, glad she wasn't in trouble. She hated it when she failed people, and hated being reprimanded even more. She nodded to Castiel saying, "Sure, I'll take care of that then!" As Castiel went off to do his own thing, Silver picked up the box in her own little way. She wished she had been born as some other pokemon, preferably one with hands, or even tentacles. She tilted her head slightly so that the blade on her head slid through one of the handles. Lifting her head back up, the box came with it, bumping slightly against her face. "Ouch…" she mumbled under her breath. Maybe she should have just pushed the box across the floor or something. Ah well, she was already committed to this, might as well follow through with it.

As she walked through the doorway back to the main store, she saw Blair walking the other direction. "Hey, Blair," she said, "mind if we go get that table you found a little while back? I guess we're gonna start setting things up." Silver kept walking and placed the box down on the open space on the floor where they would set things up. "I really need to find a better way to do this…" she mumbled to no one in particular. Turning back she saw her boss showing off some tablecloths to the other employees. Taking a look she piped up and said, "Ooh, I vote the one with the stars and tassels! It looks so pretty!"

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

" If you can't properly pronounce my name, feel free to call me 'Dad.' I'll respond. "
Cicaro the Eleventh
- Shiny Furret -- - Level 23
- Forget-Me-Not Employee (+0)

Today's Achievements
Created joint post with Jauntier!
Added additional meaning to the phrase "Screw the Police!"
Voted "Most Likely to be Kinkshamed" in High School!
Booty awarded Certificate of Authenticity!
-------- " As reality tried to resuscitate him from the hormonal pit he fell into. "
----------Amaryllis was more than delighted to take upon the role Cicaro facetiously bestowed upon her: she immediately clasped her hands and beamed as the words " Cicaro! Sweetheart! " fluttered out of her mouth. It was a bit jarring to get coated with so many layers of syrupy amity all at once, especially considering he was technically behind schedule, but while shooting his boss a curious glance he fell upon the hidden daggers residing in her gaze.
----------" Thank you for running that errand, I so appreciate it! Look, Goro is here! Why don't you … "
----------There was presumably content that finished that thought, but Amaryllis' voice fell underneath a dull, pounding roar that shook the pavement. Cicaro dedicated his attention to the sound and theorized its source, quickly baking ideas about intraplate earthquakes or having succumb to sudden-onset deafness, until there were two slabs of clawed feet before him.
----------His eyes scaled upward until they reached a small orange hat atop a black-and-white goliath with decidedly grim features shaped onto its face. An unchallenged silence stilled the air as the creature flicked a twig wedged between its teeth and bent down into Cicaro's face. A strip of goosebumps locked the skin atop his spine as the behemoth, seemingly without a thought, picked up the sack of mulch with a singular paw. Sweat crawled out of Cicaro's pores as he stared in the Pangoro's lifeless glare. Oh god, he thought, this is making me hot.

- Added additional meaning to the phrase "Screw the Police!"
----------One would think Cicaro's attraction to bears pervaded his very cellular structure. It all went downhill in school, according to him: having been persuaded by one of those assemblies that teaches you to befriend "quiet kids" that nobody talks to, a teenage Cicaro took it upon himself to chat with the local social pariahs from time to time until a dweebish Teddiura felt comfortable enough to invite him to a birthday party.
----------But there - amongst the sea of balloons, streamers, and awkward fourteen-year-olds in garish party hats - stood the kid's father, an ursine god made of hard muscle and fat holding a paper cup of fruit punch, trying to be extra personable despite feeling completely uncomfortable being in their ex-wife's house. He lingered on the bear's every movement, down to the forced smile they wore when making small talk with his mother as she rambled on about how dull your intimate life gets when you have to care for twenty-five children.
----------" And then that's it, " he would conclude, " You will never be attracted to any teenage heartthrob ever again. That Teddiursa, who grew up to look exactly like his dad? Beautiful. Your best friend from middle school shows off that he evolved into a Beartic? So blindly attractive you can't look directly at him to investigate why the icicles on his face haven't melted off. " And the panda that stood in front of Cicaro gruffly etching out the sentence " Everyone, inside, " in an uncompromising way?
----------" Now. " the bear demanded.
----------Drop dead gorgeous.

- Voted "Most Likely to be Kinkshamed" in High School!
----------" Let's go, Cicaro! "
----------The command pulled him into reality just enough that he regained his ability to blink. He found his eyes were painfully dry, and the flittering of his eyelids broke his concentration. The lilt in Amaryllis' voice snagged onto his ear and dragged the dazed ferret to her side. Cicaro didn't give effort to keep up appearances like his boss; all of his senses caught in a confusing amalgamation of intense fantasy and the choking scent of flowers.
----------" You get your end of the bargain after I deal with the wind chime. " sputtered Amaryllis with a hint of viciousness.
----------" Take your time, I can't handle anything hot right now, woo, Arceus have mercy. " Cicaro cooed, airing out his scarf.
----------Amaryllis closed her eyes and paused as she processed a response, but after concluding that it wasn't worth her time, settled on an indignant expression. The two swung their heads around to the origin of a sudden thump behind them, finding the sack of mulch unceremoniously dropped to the store floor below the hand of their visiting guardsman.
----------" Wanted a second look, eh? " the Furret spouted, suggestively kneading the edge of his collar. Amaryllis, in a display of deliberate ignorance, walked in front of Cicaro and approached the imposing figure.
----------" Again, Goro, " she tootled, still on about Rina, " many apologies for my employee's inconsistent behavior. Really, she's never shown a brash bone in her body! And she's just a floating skull, which only further proves my point! "
----------She softened her expression from an attentive defense to mimic a parental concern, now laying her hands over her heart as she knit her brow and nearly pouted her lip. " I will have a personal conversation with her. Not to chastise her, but to show that you're not some big scary bear. Why, you're our friend. We're all friends here, right? Yes? "
----------Goro answered with utter silence.
----------" ... Anywho, " she sang, pushing through the awkward moment, " was there something else I could help you with? "
----------What exactly Goro demanded, in that stern and sumptuous growl of his, turned to mush by the time it reached Cicaro; far too busy embroidering the shape of the Pangoro into memory. He figured it had something to do with why they were at the store so early, since he caught a few hasty explanations like " just doing a little tidying up before opening " and " not to mention this lovely promotional idea I had … " as reality tried to resuscitate him from the hormonal pit he fell into.
----------" In fact, Cicaro, sweetheart, why don't you go help the others? " the fairy charmingly snapped. Cicaro hummed in confusion at her, having lost his place.
----------" The idea I had, dear? " she reminded. " There hasn't been too much done on it, but feel free to use any approach you'd like - except minimalism, which I just recently had the epiphany that it's a total sham. "
----------He took a few seconds to search his passive memory for hints. " Uh - the thing you were just talking about with the … ? "
----------" Yes, " she hissed through a crooked smile. " The thing I
just said.
"
----------Getting a last once-over of Goro, Cicaro gladly turned around, perioding his presence with a quiet " Hate to see me go, love seeing me walk away? " as he walked to the project area.

- Booty awarded Certificate of Authenticity!
----------Finding out where this "project" was proved difficult. He served a judgmental look to the general area, curious as to why there wasn't more activity or decorating. There was a streamer here and there, but the work accomplished paled in comparison to the forty minutes allotted to do it. Then again, he thought, those who can't lift mulch shouldn't throw stones.
----------After successfully figuring where the project was going to be - or, at least, where it made the most sense to put - Cicaro touched his fingers to his mouth and glazed over his eyes with thought. Someone had hung an assortment of lanterns in various colors above the space; ones he knew well from trips to the storage room, so it appeared that anything in the store was free game to use. That made sense, as they couldn't very well buy anything new at this hour, so he pondered all the items they could throw together. We have … beads, right?
----------He imagined a customer walking in, drawn by the subtle smell of an incense they can't quite place, and being lured through a veil of brown beads laced together by lines of thin rope into … the zen garden? No, no, that would be a bit too weird: he felt immersing the customer in their gimmick only to blow out their eyes with sunlight and sit on sand in a back alley was of poor taste. Granted, there are times that people find peace and meditate back there - usually vagrants intruding on the property (which coincidentally is how he and Amaryllis first met) - but it just wasn't meshing with the atmosphere he wanted to create. He could already hear the customer … whimpering.
----------Whimpering? Cicaro fell out of his dream and furrowed his brow at the supply closet. Someone was aching from pain, but the voice was unfamiliar. He leaned back, hoping to catch a glimpse of a subplot. The disturbance failed to transform into anybody after simply looking in its direction, so he took it upon himself to intrude.
----------" Can I expect the reveal of a fellow employee? " he called, " Or is it that the walls have developed feelings and started moping over their unfulfilled life goals? "

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Rina the Chimecho ~ Forget-Me-Not

chimecho.gif

Here's the deets:

__
__
Mentions: Amaryllis, Goro, Gabriel
_
Held Item: Box of Colored Lanterns
__
__
[ let's get down to business ]
----------She skirted from the door to the counter with a sort of invigorated diligence. Rina's working manner had her go strictly from Point A to Point B; the peat-green lanterns were junked and gone, it was now time to hang the not-peat-green lanterns. Practicality in its simplest state, she was assured. For Rina's sake—her uneased nervousness' sake—, she thought it best to assume the job at hand had been committed to her recently. The project corner appeared mostly barren, after all. The clock face just behind the front counter, the Chimecho would have not the scarcest idea of how to read it anyways. "It is best to assume best and to not assume worst."

----------Rina began to rashly weigh two other opposing options: take the lanterns' box with her or go back for sequential tailfuls? Engulfed in get-murde-done mode—as well as talk-Spirit-talk mode as well, apparently—the Chimecho regarded potentially moving back-and-forth from counter to corner with much disdain. Bringing the box along would minimize working time for an already-delayed duty but Rina had already dragged the cardboard box off onto the floor when that prospect came to mind. She knew she was too light and small to actually carry it so, first, she scooped in the lanterns that had scattered before tipping the entire carton onto its side and hauling it over whilst gripping the opening to the site of decor.

----------The little Chimecho had found herself in an unbeknownst state of isolation to the other going-ons strewn throughout Forget-Me-Not. One concerned her, the other did not. In earnest truth, Rina felt a twinge of regret as regards to her behavior with the surly surveyor in the baseball cap. It was a feeling she would not have felt otherwise, but her departure left a looming feeling of distaste. Before she had shut the front door and fled, there had been a period of silence as the power figure just… stood, as if truly interpreting what had happened. But then the wind chime thought she herself had interpreted movement, a large, crushing footstep as the mandator fully realized the barbarism in Rina's ways and began to come for her! ...she concluded it could be nothing more than a fantasy, though. The beast was beyond the enclosure and Amaryllis was handling him as a proper business owner should have been. She would come in and not chastise Rina but instead look upon the Chimecho rightfully doing her job, nod approvingly, preferably give the girl a bit of favor as she had Spora, and go about being bossy and obsessing over tea, etcetera.

(Truly, Rina had grown vindictive towards the Florges to the point where even she was becoming self-aware of it.)​

----------But earnestly, no matter how hard Proactive, Hardworking Rina sought to quash her "fantasy" with "the logical truth", a part of the Chimecho still gasped in warning: 'Watch behind you! The guard is going to come and get you!' She was finally beginning to settle into work, but even then, she was anxious with this 'gut feeling'. She shot a a desperate look over at the project corner, trying her best to stifle the 'gut feeling' and start playing the role as the store's responsible worker. Sadly, it seemed Rina's personal reflection had only invited more stress to pile, for Amaryllis and the big "bear" weren't the only ones out alone on the streets. There was the "suspicious Pokemon" to still feel antsy about, the subject of interrogation who really could have been anywhere. Logically, Rina had no real reason to fear if she had never spotted such a figure, nor was able to spontaneously predict where they could be. Yet, at the same time, her 'gut feeling' flared and the Chimecho flinched, overtaken momentarily by a stomach cramp at the sheer, paranoiac thought of, What if they're behind the bend as we speak?

----------Her 'gut feeling' had taken a painful turn; there really was no better term to describe the sensation, a reluctant part of who she was. There had always been a glowing stigma affixed to Psychic-types, labeling them as geniuses by default. It was more a domestic way of thinking than anything; Pokemon borrowed the affinity for mind-bogglingly brainy Alakazam and super-conscious cutie Meowstic from the Trainers that had looked after them. They were naturally perceptive, naturally talented, naturally sagacious and prominent. They should be expected to take on twice the responsibilities as other not-as-smart Pokemon because it all just came naturally to them without them even realizing it! Hahaha; the speaker would then laugh and grin, despite them personally taking such a preposterous assumption entirely seriously. The worst, soul-crushing thing about the whole stereotype was that it held actual ground. Most Psychic-types did have that natural prophesying potential, but Rina never thought herself to be a "Psychic". She thought herself to be a Chimecho.

----------In other, lesser words, Rina sought to ignore the stomach pains and more-or-less a bit of self-disdain in order to concentrate on lantern-hanging. The vague memory of Amaryllis' even vaguer instructions welded with Rina's latent desire to tend to the project space. Its vacancy immediately caught her eye, especially since the necessity of it being adorned—expressed too strongly to be forgotten, rather than the loosely-given task—had been quick to catch her undevoted attention earlier that morning. Already it felt as if that exchange had been ages ago.

----------Her stomach cramped again. 'Ow.'

----------Thus, the Chimecho set to work with the box right behind her. She didn't place much thought into the task at first. From the top of the pile, she snatched up the first paper lantern of a more attractive green shade, drifted up and pinned it to the ceiling. Rina rushed down to grab another one. Peculiarly, it was… purple. Hmm. It drove the Chimecho to think. If she were to consider the color green on its own, she would have hardly considered purple a fitting 'match', so to speak. Not to say purple and green couldn't fit well together—perhaps if one altered the hue, made the purple particularly less saturated—but it would take a careful arrangement to really have the lanterns 'fit' as they were.

----------'Get-murde-done' Rina, in all her Spirit-talk-term-inspired glory, was interrupted by a spark of creativity. Inspired, the crafty Chimecho took to taking a closer look inside the lantern box. Digging through, she found a paler shade of purple, a lavender that fared much better with the pastel green she'd hastily fished out moments before. There were multiple dark purples, pale purples, pale greens, even a gorgeous pink shade that Rina immediately deemed her favorite. Digging even deeper led to the discovery of a single midnight-blue lantern, heaved out from the very bottom, causing the rest of the decoratives to spill onto the tile and for Rina to "stumble" backwards. The lucky find, a beautiful thing, (though she was still partial to the pink lanterns) mostly due to its rarity. 'This will be most certain the centerpiece—ow!' More cramping. Rina took a deep breath before proceeding.

----------In a few minutes time—it was more a meticulous process than it was a long one—, the ceiling over the project area became beautified. The midnight-blue lantern hung over what Rina roughly estimated was the center of the corner. It was surrounded closely by a ring of purple, itself circled with an intertwined ring of pink and green; Rina was surprised herself by how well the two colors matched. The 'display' on its own she thought unsurpassable… for a moment's time. On closer inspection, through "narrowed eyes", (they felt narrowed in her own mind; in reality, she was just staring, as per usual) the working 'mon could only conclude with regret that the lanterns were far too close together. The Chimecho had been provided a number to hang and they all were twirling above her now, minus the three that lay at her feet. She had been in the middle of tidying them with her tail, placing them back where they belonged, but let the one she had grasped fall back down with frustration. That and stomach pain. 'Ow, ow, ow.

----------"Uuuuugh." And for that matter, what sense did it make to have put them all in one finite spot in the first place? Based on the quantity and based on what Rina had picked up about Amaryllis' nature, the boss wanted those lanterns everywhere, a colorful mess on her crusty canvas of a store ceiling. Rina couldn't complain. Rather a lively carousel of color than something all smashed and clustered together, like a Zigzagoon's hoarding hollow.

----------"Back again to the work 'as is usual', like they say," the Chimecho sighed aloud before drifting off again, returning to the store floor with a few of the paper decoratives in tow. The front door opened but she ignored it as the little light worker took to rearranging her little lantern show in a flustered sense.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
xz4kIYa.png

Click here to view Errol's application!
Errol the Qwilfish​
E2DWoAx.png
Errol was doing his best to flip to the next page of 'Psychic Moves for Dummies' when a sudden sound behind him startled him. Blair had returned with his bowl and had placed it - albeit a little roughly - in its usual spot on the counter.

"Th-thank you, Blair..." Errol mumbled, tail-wiping the drops of water that had landed on the counter in front of him due to the impact of the bowl before hopping in. Letting out a little sigh of relief, the young Qwilfish inhaled as much water as he could through his gills (or were they lungs? he honestly couldn't tell) and exhaled slowly just like his mother had taught him to. He was careful not to splash any water behind him towards Blair, who was now heading to clean the mess under the counter.

A few moments later Castiel returned. He seemed to be carrying a sort of shoebox which had different kinds of cloths and wallpapers. As Castiel displayed the starry cloth, Errol heard Silver vote for using it for the project - the project whose meeting he had missed but had fortunately been mailed about earlier. Mister Castiel sure is prepared for anything. he had thought, blissfully ignorant of his boss' lowered expectations. "I like this one too!" Errol called out, glad he had a chance to be relevant. "The stars are very pretty."

After Castiel had shown the other tapestry and wallpaper, he set the box down. "That's all for now. You lot decide which one you like best, but that's not the end of it. We need to really buckle down and get to designing the overall stand, you lot. Every single one of you is important in this. Come on, let's all come around here and get to work. You too, Errol. Roll yourself over here. We need all the input we can get on a solid direction."

"Yes sir!" Errol nodded (well, as much as a fish could) and quickly hopped out of his bowl. Turning around to where his little stepladder was, he prepared to hop down when an idea came to mind. Oh! If we're looking for ideas, maybe these books will help! he thought, looking at the pile sitting next to him. Moving them would be a challenge though. As he began thinking of a master plan to move the towering mountain of four books, his tail spike accidentally latched onto one of the books' bookmarks; a thick red peice of cloth; causing him to pull the book - and consequently all the ones above it - over the edge of the counter. Errol himself nearly fell over in shock too as they crashed loudly. Errol's face went pale blue (well, as much as a fish could). It was only a few books and they weren't that old... Right? he thought, panicking as he looked at the mess he had caused. Thankfully the few that he had wanted to show were intact and had landed on their side rather than wide open like Mienshao Kampf, which was fittingly open on a page concerning the execution of rogue Pokemon. Errol gulped. "I-I'm v-very sorry sir! It was an accident!" he blurted out.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Gabriel
At the right place, at the right time

Gabriel waited for a moment as his eyes finally found the fuse box in that small garden they had… only it wasn't a fuse box. It was that of a circuit breaker box. Gabriel bit down on his lower lip, a bit irritated by the discovery. At least with a fuse box he could have pulled the fuses off and dropped them around the back, but now he didn't have that luxury to cause all manner of confusion! Still… at least he could use this to his advantage. He could shut the lights off, sneak in, and perhaps see whatever it was they were working on. Still, that was rather risky. What if he was spotted even in the darkness? Or ended up attracting the attention of Gorro? Well, perhaps he could try another method?

Gabriel glanced about the back end, particularly at the windows. If he could catch a peek of what they were making, then perhaps that could be good enough? He still had a few hours to do what he needed to do, so he couldn't rush it. If he rushed and was caught, then that would ruin everything! He would have to check inside if he even wanted to go with the circuit breaker plan. It wouldn't help him out if he turned off the lights, rushed inside, and had no clue as to where to hide. At least with viewing the scene before he walked inside he would be able to find the darkest corner of the room and hide there.

He made his way toward the back wall and noticed some crates near the back wall just lying there. The problem was that he could tell straight off the bat that he couldn't be able to reach the window with those alone. Okay, looking through the back was out, but what about the side windows? He would have to be careful, but he could try and look through them. From there he could device a more sound plan. Taking in a deep breath, the Weavile slowly made his way along the side he had come in from. He moved along the wall slowly, seeing a window near the jutted out part of the building. He could glance through there really quick, and perhaps get some intel as well! At the same time, he had to be careful. Gorro could be lurking around any corner.

He kept silent for the time being, then quickly snapped his head around the corner to take a quick glance at the room itself. Hopefully the various workers were busy with whatever it was they were doing in there. He had seen a rather effeminate looking Furret looking over one part of the store. With his first glance Gabriel saw all sorts of lanterns that had been hung from the ceiling and a vase that had been erected nearby. He glanced again and saw that Furret was walking off, but that mon he had seen earlier near the store was now inside. He watched on as that mon took to hanging more colorful lanterns. He took a moment to glance inside, then looked away. At the pace they were working, he would be able to at least figure out what they were making. Perhaps messing with the circuit breaker wasn't needed after all? He could just watch them without them even realizing anything was up!

With another glance he caught sight of the streamers that hung along the shelves as well. They certainly were making the store quite colorful for the day. But what else would they be up to?

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
Samuel the Bidoof
399.png

Mission: "Stay Calm."

Samuel's beady eyes glimmered in joy as the door opened, but it faded when he saw who was opening it. Spora, the milky eyed Bug-Pokemon. The only employee who Samuel hadn't grown accustomed to. Bidoofs are supposed to be fearless, but Samuel was an exception, as he demonstrated multiple times. He opened his mouth to say something, anything that would get that... thing out of the room, but he was interrupted by her concerned voice. "Here, let me help you."; she said as she lifted the bust. Samuel yelped again, but he felt a tremendous sense of relief. He tried thanking her, but couldn't fathom up the courage to look her in the eye and do it.

"That doesn't look to good, are you alright?"; she said, in that same concerned tone. Samuel turned his head around and looked at his tail. Tears began streaming from his face. It was a mess. The fur had been ripped a little at the point of impact, so you could see the purplish hue that indicated a bruise. Thankfully, none of the miniature bones did not seem broken, but it still hurt. The only sensation he felt in that region was that of pain. Samuel wasn't a stranger to injuries, but something this painful was a first, at most a second for him. "N-No, I'm not alright." ; Samuel replied. How was he going to work now?

His thoughts were interrupted by an unfamiliar voice.

" Can I expect the reveal of a fellow employee? " ;it said, " Or is it that the walls have developed feelings and started moping over their unfulfilled life goals? "

Oh goodie! A new employee. Samuel thought, genuinely excited. The voice was undoubtedly male, but that was all Samuel could discern. Since that person seemed to be making a joke, Samuel decided to try his hand at one as well.

"Y-Yes, you can call me Mr. Wall." ; Samuel replied, snickering at his joke. Man, was he funny!

Last edited:

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
Druag
Druag quickened his pace a little, and glanced through the window of some sort of clock store as he went past. About a quarter to six, now. Amazing. Simply amazing. Great start to the day, Druag, Castiel's certain to keep you around, now. You simple oaf. The Druddigon squinted his one good eye, trying to keep those thoughts out. He tightened his grip on his cane and sped up a little more.

Druag had been up more than early enough—he didn't sleep very well on the benches, anyway, what with his back pain, there was still the ache from where his wings had been removed—and was prepared to make Castiel's admittedly-ridiculous calling time, but of course he'd run into some silly legal mix up. The guard that usually patrolled around the park must have taken a holiday for the festival or something, and the fellow out there this morning had been nothing like cooperative: some scared-to-death Duosion who had gotten it into his head that Druag was some sort of big bad drug dealer. Of course, Druag had explained quite calmly to the little guard that those pill bottles were for his thermal medication and not being sold to minors, but that had taken the better part of half an hour. After all of that, Druag even had to dig up the lock box he'd buried under a tree nearby to get his papers and he had still been hit with a fine for loitering. So much for renting a hotel room tomorrow.

It's alright, Druag, customers don't show up for another two hours or so, you're not that late, really. You're still early, it'll be fine. He'll still let you work today, he won't fire you until closing. You simple oaf. Druag shook his head, angry with himself. He should have expected a roster change today, of course the usual rotation might want to enjoy the festival. He didn't even try to think up some pretty excuse to feed Castiel: the Mismagius didn't seem the sort to accept something like that. But then, Druag was finding it harder and harder to read Pokémon these days, so he wasn't sure.

Druag came around the last corner and saw Spirited Away there, its windows staring at him soullessly as he slowed his pace to catch his breath. He didn't want to look like an invalid by coming in panting like that. The store across the way there didn't seem to be too lively either, at least from out here, so at least Castiel's little store wasn't outdone just yet. Druag stopped at the door and massaged his thigh for a moment: the pace he had set had made the pain flare up again. He shivered a moment: had he remembered to take his meds that morning or had the distraction seen him miss a dose? It got so cold when he missed his dosage. He sighed and stepped through the door.

He came in and sinkingly noticed that even the Qwilfish had gotten to work before he did. And then he flinched as a breath of peppermint hit him like a cinder-block. Flapping Phanpies, Castiel, and you were worried about my face driving people off? Druag put all his effort into not wheezing and saw as his fishy co-worker toppled a few books onto the floor. As the poor spike-balloon stammered an apology, Druag crossed the floor is a few lopsided strides and started picking the books up, nodding a greeting to his gathered coworkers. He noticed Castiel was there, and decided it was best to treat the matter as if he'd come in perfectly on time: if his boss wanted a better explanation, he'd ask for it, no reason to throw excuses if he didn't need to.

"G'mornin, Mr. Castiel, sorry I'm late. What are we up to, then, mind filling me in?"

Last edited:

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Varien the Kecleon
352.png

Mission: Find out about their Big Gimmick

Varien overheard Castiel say something. Though it wasn't loud enough for him hear, he knew it was directed to the Braixen, since it soon walked away. He couldn't wait any longer, bolting out, still invisible, bumping the frame of the swinging door as he left his hidden spot.

Then he made for the door, having exited the side of the counter facing the entrance, taking a few steps. In desperation, he pushed aside what would happen if he was caught. I can't let them see me... I can't... Despite his best efforts, Varien knew what would happen: Goro would jail him and ruin his reputation forever.

Acting purely on instinct, Varien stopped and pushed himself against the counter, still invisible. His breathing was heavy, though he was sure he was still out of site. The employee on the counter! He would have felt me bump the door! Varien calmed himself again and then dared to turn, sticking a head (but no stripe) out, he watched as Castiel looked to tablecloths on a table at the other side of the counter. Tablecloths... that isn't exactly helpful. They're all dark, and one has stars.

Varien found himself suddenly motivated, zoning into the conversation, alert to the Pokemon atop the counter, and he felt good about his position. He could do this with his new wave of confidence. With the knowledge he had, he could give Amaryllis and the others a good idea about what Castiel and Spirited Away were up to, though if he could get more specific details he would. The Kecleon thought about leaning further, getting close to see what else there was, though something stepped on his confidence before he did.

The Pokemon atop the counter, Errol, made some noise; a soft splash then a tumble of books. Varien didn't need to pull his head back, but he was all the more cautious. It was only a matter of time before they blurted out about him, the intruder, and now with the attention focused in this direction, he was in a sticky situation.

To make things worse, someone entered from the front. Goro?! Varien turned, prepared to face his worst nightmare, but it was instead a Druddigon. It was only marginally better than seeing Goro barge in, demanding Varien's whereabouts. The Druddigon walked forward, with a rather odd pace, and fixed the mess Errol made. Although in an awkward position, Varien managed to keep still, a perk of being a Kecleon. He moved his head to follow the Druddigon, careful to keep his torso immobile.

I need a chance to leave, before the door closes! It's now or never! With one glance back at the scene, Varien confirmed he would be mostly hidden the much larger Druddigon, so he prepared to run.

Xtrashy

Years
Well it seemed like Samuel wasn't doing very well, his tail did not look good at all. Amaryllis would have to look at this, she wasn't qualified in any sense of the word to discern how serious of an injury it was. Though it was just his tail, so it most likely wasn't life threatening. Though as she stood there thinking about it she heard Samuel talking to the wall. The wall. She hadn't been listening to anything outside of her current room so she simply thought Samuel was possibly becoming delirious. "Well, we better get you to Amaryllis, she'll have to figure out what to do with you. I wonder if you could get workers compensation for this." Spora mused aloud.

Though as she said that she simply grabbed Samuel with her claws, gently hefting the Bidoof onto her mushroom back. "Maybe if you're lucky you'll get to leave." she said as she turned and took Samuel out of the room, scuttling her way back to the other room, looking around to see if Amaryllis was in the room, though the only person she spotted was a Furret. A Furret worked here? Maybe? She didn't remember, regardless, the Furret was not Amaryllis, nor was he a doctor, at least not that she knew of, and if he was why we he be working here? "Hey, you." she said to the Furret, completely forgetting what his name was, or if she had even known it to begin with. "Is Amaryllis still outside? Samuel dropped something on his tail." she asked, motioning to the Bidoof she had put upon her back.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Forget-Me-Not
5:49 AM | Main Floor

zQ6pRs9.png
L3aLOsZ.png

As Amaryllis watched Cicaro sashay off to finally contribute to the store with a plastered smile, she turned back around to Goro, wiping a few stray petals from her brow.

"Thank you, by the way, for bringing in that mulch for us, Goro." She breathed, sounding as if she were already worn out. Between Cicaro's ostentatious display of flirtation--which admittedly rivaled Amaryllis' but was certainly uncalled for in this instance--and dealing with Goro's ire over Rina's immediate dismissal of him which, by association, framed the store suspiciously, it would seem she had reason to sound that way. "I thought Cicaro could handle a little mulch, but now that I think about it, he barely has any limbs."

She laughed at her little joke. Goro forcefully exhaled a gust of breath through his nose.

Amaryllis blew a few more forced chuckles before she corrected herself and continued. "Anyway, Goro, dear, you're free to check around. I know you think there may be something unruly going on, especially since it's unusual for us to be milling about at this hour, but whatever it is, my employees aren't involved in it. I can assure you." She offered her best smile, mentally straining herself to get some color in her cheeks, despite knowing that's not quite how blushing works.

Goro grunted, then immediately his head locked into the direction of visible activity: the project area. It was a straight shot behind Amaryllis. Rina had come out of the woodwork and was arranging the paper lanterns, catching his eye.

"The Chimecho," he uttered.

Amaryllis whipped around by her twisted hip to see where Goro was staring. She glanced back over her shoulder to him after spying Rina, nodding frenetically and motioning with her hands for the stationary guardsman to stay put, cooing, "Yes! Yes, I'll go and talk to her, certainly! I'll be right back~"

Her hips swayed side to side as she glided on the tips of her leafy stem toward Rina, she noted working diligently, hanging and rearranging the lanterns in an appealing design, though none were reserved to hang over the rest of the store area.

Okay Rina, you're only working this hard because you know you're in trouble. I wasn't hatched yesterday.

She caught herself narrowing her eyes, and instead opted for a more distant expression to mask her true annoyance of the entire situation. She linked her hands together in front of her diaphragm as if she were about to belt out from a choir, and as calmly as she tried, she called to Rina when she caught up to her.

"Rina, darling? Goro is here to see you. Apparently you two didn't finish talking, so let's remedy that, okay? Let's go over there and apologize." She smiled, though the look in her eyes were unmistakably serious.​

Spirited Away
5:49 AM | Main Floor

EtbhL2l.png

Castiel was going to comment on Errol's and Silver's preference for his star-patterned tablecloth, when the bell atop the store door jangled as it swung open at a new visitor.

At the same time, Errol had hopped out of his bowl and accidentally smacked a stack of books from the counter top clear off. To Castiel, the books falling themselves wasn't something to make a fuss about, as the books were tightly bound with durable covers, despite their appearance, and accidents happened. His eyes flicked from the mess back to the latecomer.

The lumpy, blunt-snouted, older hunchback Druddigon gimped his way in on his cane. To anyone who had never seen him before, walking into the store one might have thought he had just barely escaped with his life and eked his way here seeking shelter. The sail-like wings that his species so proudly toted and vitally needed to absorb warmth and energy had been surgically removed, lost to injuries of a tragic accident. He only had one eye, the other patched and lost. He struggled to walk, if not from further injuries than from insufficient heat absorption. Under his breath, he tried to catch it. He was very pitiable because of circumstance, and yet he managed with his brand of rugged individualism that truly was commendable, which saved Castiel another packet of demanded disability accommodations to read.

And for that, the Ghost was truly grateful.

"You pack quite the punch in your tail, Errol," the Mismagius remarked, dryly but teasingly. "I just hope the spines on your tail didn't puncture the spines on my books. At least Druag has gone out of his way to appear in time, if just to clean up your mess." He then turned the attention to the Druddigon.

"Druag, welcome," Castiel returned his employee's greeting as he made a move from out behind the table. He drifted himself over the counter top to save him the time of "manually" pushing through the small slab doors on either side. "Yes, you are late," he acknowledged, "but I'm sure you have a good reason and will tell me in private. As for what we are doing today..." Castiel motioned with the cant of his head, tipping the wide brim of his brow back at the set table, "We are attempting to make a Fortune Telling Stand. Customers will come in and get their unfortunate futures read by someone of my pick later on. We propose to turn their luck with a discounted charm, they leave placated, and we just got ourselves more positive marketing than 'The witch shack that's haunted by a Ghost'." Castiel began to grumble. "That twiggy maypole and her rampant case of lordosis... Dumb kids, too."

He closed his eyes and took a moment.

"... But yes, my idea is genius," he said, as he floated his way toward the front door, intent on nearing it to lock it shut. "Can you help us with the overall design, though? We need all the creative input we can get, and we need it done soon. The whole thing needs to be constructed before 8 AM, and I want us to at least have some time to settle down and eat breakfast together as a team."

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
Druag
Druag stacked the books up next to the fish (his name might have started with an E, but Druag didn't remember ever actually being introduced) as Castiel got him up to speed. Some such about a Fortune Telling Stand. He took that in for a moment: a Fortune Telling Stand? Well, Castiel, points for thematic matching, I suppose. He passed his eye over the table they had stood up and saw the wrapping paper and tablecloths that had been put out. He had never had a good mind for interior decorating. He had, after all, lived in a cave for a large part of his life. Oh, wake up, Druag. You really think you've got a wood nickel to pay to this cause? You didn't even know the difference between a blouse and a shirt until last week. You simple oaf. He looked between the Absol and Braixen there. Ms. Silver and ... he wasn't sure if he'd actually properly met the latter, before, really (he knew she worked there but they'd never really talked a lot), but the point stood that the two of them could probably manage without his sideways contribution.

"Ah," Druag said, rubbing the back of his neck, "I don't know if I really have any valid input on the side of decoration." That's it, Druag, make it nice and plain how uncreative and expendable you are. You have this whole job thing down to a science, don't you? He cleared his throat awkwardly, and looked away from them for a moment. "Right, well, I'll get the broom and sweep around the table, and out of under it, before you get to decorating it."

He nodded to them once more and hobbled past them toward the storage area. He still found it hard to treat these town Pokémon equably. Out in the wilderness, all anyone talked about was where food was, or where the water was, or where the territories started, or where the humans were out and about. He thought for a moment on that last point. He hadn't seen humans since ... well, for a goodly while, now. In any case, he was out of his element here: he didn't fully understand things like art or design. After all, Dragons generally just had to know the lay of the land, not so much the lay of the carpet.

The position had reversed neatly. Druag—once a mighty Dragon, strong and proud—reduced to winglessness, clutching to a cane, bound to medicine, and now in a completely different world. He could feel their eyes on him, sometimes. The eyes of passers-by and lookers-on. Passing judgement. Lo, the mighty Dragon. Fear its disability and financial trouble! Such a simple oaf.

Alas, he had fallen into his head again, but he was in the storage room, now. Had someone been trying to call to him or was that his mind playing yet more tricks on his damaged ears ...? Oh well, if it was important, they'd repeat themselves, he was sure. He took a deep breath to steady himself. Peppermint. But under that ...

Thief.

His eye sprang open as he caught a scent that brought on bad memories. Of little, sneaking trespassers, come to take his gold and treasure from him in the night. They came in many shapes, but he remembered the smell of this one. Weavile ...! And then he calmed down as he lost the scent into the pepperminty pall. He reminded himself that there was a Weavile that worked here, a Mr. Gabriel, though it struck him he hadn't seen him on the main floor. Regardless, it made perfect sense for his smell to be all over the place if he worked here. Wait, where was he, anyway? Was he late, too? Druag shrugged. "None of my business, anyway," he muttered to himself, as he turned about and reached for the broom.

His eye passed over one of the supply boxes: something inside had momentarily caught the light. He took a step closer and saw some of the fancier charms Castiel kept around, all colored glass and crystal and other such iridescent things. It reminded Druag distantly of finding an ore vein in a deep cave. Pretty.

He took the broom back out to the floor, moving toward the table again, where the others had yet to disperse. Of course they're still there, Druag. Even you don't take ten minutes to walk to the storage room and back. As he came upon them, broom in hand, he had an idea. Probably not a good one, though. But Castiel had said they were looking for some help with the design. Druag cleared his throat but stopped his mouth on the words. Do you really think such an unlearned, savage brute as yourself has anything to contribute, here? Remember the last time you trusted one of your silly whims? The memory caught him hard, and he hoped he didn't show it.

He realized that he had approached them and stopped after having cleared his throat so obviously. He had to say something or he'd look like a moron. "Uh," he said, avoiding looking at any of them, and beginning to sweep out of under the table. "I noticed you had a lot of candles in stock, back there, and I know the glass charms are a bit too valuable to use all willy-nilly, but maybe if we lit some candles and positioned them with the clear trinkets and other such things we could make the candlelight bounce off of them. It'd look like, you know, crystals in a cave." He corrected himself. "Or, stars, or something. It would give an air of mystery about the place, I guess," he finished lamely, his gaze having steadily dropped as he gave this suggestion. He was looking at the floor now, the jagged motion of the broom as he swept with one hand. Were they even still there? Well, of course the fish was probably still there, but ...

He cleared his throat again and focused on sweeping. "Well, it was just an idea, anyway." Most likely it would be too fanciful, or too hard to set up. And the peppermint was already pervasive: if all those candles smelled like that it might be a bit much to light more. And didn't these town Pokémon have something about a fire code? Or was that just the ban on the use of pyrotechnic Moves indoors? Druag didn't remember.

He'd just served to show off his ignorance, really. Best not let them forget you're a dumb animal, right, Druag? You simple oaf. Well, at least he could sweep the floor. One-handed and awkwardly, having to pile it all together before going back for the dustpan, but he could still do it. He decided to keep his mouth shut and focus on cleaning. If any of his coworkers really decided there was anything to be gained from talking to him, they were welcome to do so, but Druag knew all he'd be doing is distracting them from work if he talked to them.

Not waiting for an answer from the company he wasn't even sure was still there, he finished sweeping out of under the table and moved away, sweeping along the wall and with his back put up against what were surely bemused looks of utter surprise that any creature could be so simple and oafish.

Last edited:
Years
Absol%2BOutline.png

SILVER

Several things happened very quickly, almost all at once. Castiel had been talking when suddenly the door swung open again and a large dragon pokemon lumbered inside. At the same moment, there was a sort of plop as Errol jumped out of his bowl and knocked an entire stack of books on the counter down to the floor. A couple books landed on her head, and she gave a small, "Ouch", in surprise, although she was so stunned by everything happening she didn't give any larger response. She didn't like things hitting her head, and she might have yelled at Errol if not for things moving so fast.

She shook her head, trying to get focused again, and saw that the employee was Draug, a Druddigon. She was pretty sure she had heard at some point that he had been involved in a cave in, and if that was true it showed. He had lost his wings, he had a patch over one of his eyes, and he walked with a cane and a limp. Even beyond that he seemed pretty depressed. Silver didn't like digging into other people's business, particularly when it was a sad history, but she was kind of concerned for the big mean looking pokemon. Nobody should be that gloomy all the time. Perhaps she should try to cheer him up today at some point....

"Right, uh...well...we have our table cloth then," she said, stuttering, trying to get the group focused once again. Droug walked into the back of house, saying something about not being able to contribute much, and went to get a broom to clean things up a bit. She frowned as he left. Surely he might be of some help if he wasn't so gloomy all the time. "Anyway," she went on, "We do need to figure a few other things out as well. We have the table, cloth, candles, and a few other miscellaneous things. We could use a bit more to make it look a bit fancier, but we should focus on some other stuff as well. Someone is going to have to be the fortune teller, and we should figure out exactly how they are going to tell fortunes too! The only ways I've heard of are using a crystal ball and tarot cards. Does anybody else know any more?"

Before the rest of the group could respond to her rambling, Droug limped back into the room with broom and dustpan in hand. With his grumbling voice, he made a suggestion, "Maybe if we lit some candles and positioned them with the clear trinkets and other such things we could make the candlelight bounce off of them. It'd look like, you know, crystals in a cave. Or, stars, or something. It would give an air of mystery about the place, I guess…"

"Oh!" Silver exclaimed, "That's a great idea! That would look so pretty and fancy, and definitely mysterious!" It really was a good idea, she wondered why Droug was always so negative when he had good ideas like this. "We could hang them from the ceiling with string maybe, and the light could hit them like that! Or maybe arrange them on the table, or Mr. Castiel could levitate them making it look even more mysterious, or...or…" Her mind was on a roll now, spouting ideas. Silly ideas for the most part, but still ideas.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

" Triangles are pretty overrated, if you ask me. "
Cicaro the Eleventh
- Shiny Furret -- - Level 23
- Forget-Me-Not Employee (+0)

Today's Achievements
Created joint post with Greiger!
Single-handedly keeping ironic fashion culture alive!
Upheld some semblance of social standards!
Questioned if you can be tenured as a Useless Member of Society!
New Excuse Discovered: " I'm just paying my way through college. "
-------- " Sebastian had most certainly pinned him as … a graphic artist. "
----------" Y-Yes, " a nasally voice peeped, " ... call me Mr. Wall. "
----------Cicaro chuckled to himself. He imagined a doe-eyed Minccino shyly wringing its tail as it tried to echo his joke. The poor thing probably stowed itself away because it took one of Amaryllis' cold asides too personally and needed a moment to dry tears with its tiny apron. Cicaro smiled warmly and waited, ready to give friendly advice and start indoctrinating them into his particular brand of cynicism.
----------A pair of spindly spider-like legs scampered out of the doorway instead, stopping Cicaro's heart in a moment of instinctual terror. He clutched his chest and turned away, quickly skimming through emotional phases until a memory threw itself into his mind: Oh. Right, she works here.
----------" Hey, you, " the monster said. Cicaro hesitantly dared another look, finding two cloudy orbs ogling his general direction underneath a mushroom the size of a mountain. As was customary, Cicaro had a quick thought about whether the identity of this woman - one Spora - belonged to the insect that was formally a Paras or the overgrown fungi growing on her back. Spora insisted that she and the mushroom shared a symbiotic relationship, but that's exactly what a hulking eukaryotic organism possessing a corpse would say, so it was hard to tell.
----------Either way, whoever Spora was, they certainly didn't leave a great impression on the Furret. She was definitely one of those forget-your-name types, and often couldn't be bothered to step out of the drab world she perceived herself to be in. He found some of her idle mumblings humorous, but it wasn't as if either intended on knowing anything deep about the other.
----------" Good morning, Spora. I see you put on your best make-up today, " he playfully chided, trying to re-establish his nerves. The Parasect began to speak, but Cicaro lost himself in marking the imperfections and growths along her exterior. Being snapped out of it by the inflection of a question mark, he looked her blankly in the face. He gleaned as much intent from it as he could, and with a click of his tongue, tried to give a neutral answer that made it seem like he was listening.
----------" No, I wouldn't know. I'd go ask Amaryllis; she's over there somewhere, " he said, pointing towards the front. As he shifted gears back to the project space, his eyes rolled over the sandy yellow spots on Spora's spore-ridden mushroom, infecting him with a sudden case of inspiration. His mind spontaneously conjured up an image of himself with crossed feet - an ability he surprisingly possessed despite lacking a tangible pair of legs - surrounded by smooth rocks and elegant pots filled with sand.
----------" There it is, Christmas came, " he mused, his body instantly animating. His natural affinity for speed revealed itself as his paws grabbed as many gawdy vases as he could and scuttled to the back door in what seemed like seconds; only interrupting his stride to grimace at Spora and comment " Oh, and honey: I don't know if that fur hat's working for you. I love it. " as he pulled the back door open with half a finger.

- Single-handedly keeping ironic fashion culture alive!
----------Cicaro - across his years and in all the past lives he has witnessed the world through - has never failed to make a spectacle of himself: and this moment, where his foot slipped on the small stone step down into the Zen garden, was no exception.
----------A less devised existence wouldn't have found the cause to make him somehow gain height before plummeting to the earth; and while this scenario should've ended in a flourish of ceramic pieces, Cicaro's rendition found much more theatricality in the idea of each vase sticking gracefully within the grains like Olympian gymnasts. As the inanimate competitors bickered amongst themselves about who should take home the gold, Cicaro dug a haphazard imprint in the sand with the clumsy force of his own fall. He exchanged a lukewarm stare with the early morning sky, and slowly came to his senses with the reassurance that he could keep this moment of embarrassment to himself.
----------Gabriel perked up to the faint sound of a commotion nearby; an abrupt yet relieving distraction to the multitude of questions that swarmed his mind, their numbers only growing the longer he lingered on the colorful project in the store. The discovery starved him for substantial facts, and regardless, Castiel wouldn't be satiated unless Gabriel brought back juicy details upon his return. He retraced his plot once more before investigating the noise: from what he could determine, there was a room near the back - perfect for eavesdropping - where he could easily hide and escape from. All he had to do was throw the switch to the circuit breaker and slink in when someone came out to inspect the power. Not perfect, but it was the best he had, in any case.
----------Moving away from the window, he craned his neck around the corner to see the same pink Furret from inside surrounded by a series of vases. His plan immediately disintegrated, but in the middle of cursing his misfortune under his breath, his gaze caught on the image of an open door. Maybe … I could still chance it? he thought. There was no darkness to shield his entrance, and it was arguably safer to wait until the Furret became preoccupied, but Gabriel had an opening now.
----------Focusing his vision, he sprinted as fast as his feet could carry him. However, the sand didn't condone being stampeded on in such a manner, and created a gap on its surface that clutched said feet and tossed an airborne Gabriel towards his destination.
----------Cicaro sat up and pouted at the tiny, treacherous step. He took in a breath to queue up a sigh, but the air was punched out of him by the uncomfortable sensation of another person slamming into him from behind. Luckily, his scarf slid up to his face and protected it from the brunt of the fall. As the person rolled off of him with a " Gah! ", Cicaro used the remainder of the air in his lungs to let out a gruff huff.
----------" While I appreciate the enthusiasm, " he calmly criticized,
" literally throwing yourself at me is just rude. "

- Upheld some semblance of social standards!
----------He achingly stood up and began to take out items from his scarf to examine for damage: the first of which being his magnifying glass. He raised it up to his eye, and past the uncracked lens was the face of an eager and exhausted Weavile half-prepared to run off again.
----------" What do we have here? " the Furret asked, squinting.
" Some urgent mission to pick flowers for the mistress? "
----------Gabriel paused at the ferret's words, confused as to why the man simply assumed a stranger lurking around the back alley of Forget-Me-Not worked there, before it dawned on him what time of year it was. Businesses all over Jubilee were hiring to cover the extra workload that came with the Festival; Gabriel himself being an example for Spirited Away. With the right amount of flair, he could pull together an authentic ruse to play into the presumption.
----------" Heh, I'm a bit late to the party. Slept in and all. " he said, offering a weak smile. " My name's Sebastian. Sorry for hitting into you. I guess I didn't notice you until the last moment. "
----------He crossed his arms and glanced back toward the building. " I saw you were all working on some project in there? Guess I must have missed the memo earlier. "
----------" Literally same, " Cicaro related, kneeling down and placing the magnifying glass gently beside him. " 'cept I was late because the old maid had me haul this festering sack of mulch twice my size across town. Just terrible, "
----------Cicaro made sure to end on an inflection that suggested whimsy so this new guy understood that he wasn't being completely disingenuous. He usually needed to go the extra mile for new faces, since his flavor of humor could yield " what is that supposed to mean? "s and " how dare you say that about my mother "s when it fell upon serious demeanors.
----------Gabriel smiled, liking the show the Furret was putting on. He could tell from the way this guy moved and played with his trinkets that he was just like the shiny men and women his father brought home at times during his childhood. As a kid he hadn't understood why his father was friends with so many specially-colored Pokémon, or why he would only play with them upstairs, but now that Gabriel had grown up he knew of their purpose in life. He smiled down at the Furret, taking that this man was of the same lifestyle.
----------" That's quite the story ... lugging all that around? I'm sure I could've helped there, " he gently teased, involuntarily letting out a soft laugh. " As you can see, I'm not slender like most Weavile. I blame my father's genes. "
----------Soreness clung on Cicaro's muscles as he emptied his scarf, feeling caught halfway between listening to the Weavile and pulling off his ugly accessory to scour the surface for tears. He compromised by passively attending to both tasks, responding with a tangent idea unraveling in his head.
----------" So, 'Sebastian,' hm? " he began, finding a particularly ostentatious tuft of yarn. " I read a play once - an oldie the humans left behind in this huge library back home - had a 'Sebastian' in it. Was the main girl's brother, who she assumed died in a shipwreck. He wasn't terribly important, but I always thought the name was interesting. "
----------" You know … you haven't told me your name, " Gabriel said, not able to pull back the impulse to wink. " But I'm sure it's more special than mine. "
----------Cicaro lightly tasted his lips as if sampling the Weavile's intentions. This Sebastian was being coquettish, and he couldn't quite place whether it was mockery or not. He offered a raised eyebrow to the matter. " My name is Chic, but if you're into full names it's Cicaro, " he replied, " It means … something pretty in some language. "
----------He stood up and shook out the scarf out before fixing it back around his neck. " I'll clue you in on this idea I got going, " he said, inviting his new friend to pick up a vase as he reclaimed all his valuables and hid them away in his collar. " I'm not sure what Amaryllis wants out of this gimmick she's trying to pull, but I'm thinking about filling up a few vases with sand … putting them about so people get this feeling of stability, or … calm? "
----------Gabriel's eyes glimmered at that. " A calming place? We're building a … what do you call it - meditative shrine? "
----------It was if the Furret had hand-carved new puzzle pieces. Given that Forget-Me-Not was one big flower shop, Gabriel supposed it made sense. They wanted a place where their customers could relax. The Weavile had what he needed, but figured it wouldn't hurt to perhaps put in a few ideas of his own.
" Well … if we fill some with dirt, we can make one area a garden of sorts. Get flowers in there, make it bloom with color and all. "
----------Cicaro's enthusiasm waned when his guest completely derailed his idea. " That wasn't exactly what … I mean, this is all whatever anyway, just decoration, not like it matters if it ends up calming. Thought it'd be cool. "
----------A period of silence came upon the two as they focused on pouring sand into the vases. Gabriel found no difficulty in the task whatsoever; with a grunt the Weavile hefted up his second completed vase, his muscles noticeably tensing and straining as he walked past Cicaro to the doorway and set it down before the Furret made it halfway through his first.

- Questioned if you can be tenured as a Useless Member of Society!
----------" So … " Gabriel chimed with curiosity, " have you had any other jobs on the side? You know … those kinds of jobs? "
----------Cicaro dedicated a moment to analyze himself. He took in the colors of his scarf and shaggy fur, noting how blatantly bohemian there were. And the deadpan, crusty look in his eyes due to minor sleep deprivation probably made him seem edgy or down with a case of early-onset jadedness. Sebastian had most certainly pinned him as … a graphic artist.
----------" You could say I got a side job, " he proffered, " as you can imagine, I don't have time to seriously practice during store hours, so I usually do all the hard work at my apartment. "
----------It was taking all of Gabriel's focus to not drift off and think about what such a scene looked like. " All the time, huh? " he reflected before shaking off his imagination. " Those shiny genes are pretty rare to come across. I mean, you must have had a lot of job offers over normal people. "
----------" Wish all employers had your mindset; " the Furret had rubbed in bitterness over his tone, " but that's a myth. Not to mention, when you're of twenty-five siblings and have a brother with the same name that looks exactly like you, specialness doesn't exist; shiny or no, no matter how good you are. "
----------Cicaro hoisted up the vase he was filling and leaned upon it; the weight of the sand supporting him. He watched the Weavile furiously getting to work on another, so intent on his task and asking questions that he'd probably wouldn't notice Cicaro slacking off.
----------" But I love my whole family, I guess; they didn't do too-too much to screw up my psyche, " he mused.
----------Gabriel's smile fell a bit. " Yeah, it's good they didn't do that, " he mumbled.

- New Excuse Discovered!
" I'm just paying my way through college. "
----------Gabriel unconsciously nodded to himself. He ultimately had to make it back across the street, but needed some excuse that wouldn't arose suspicion. " Hey, how about you head inside and start setting this up? There's something else Amaryllis needed me to check on, so I'll just finish a few more and leave them by the door. How does that sound? "
----------" That's oddly vague, but sure, " Cicaro muttered sardonically. He counted the vases: Cicaro had a filled a grand total of one, and it appeared that the Weavile had handled three all by himself.
----------Gabriel grabbed his work and set it by the stone step, wiping some sweat from his forehead. He looked to the Furret as it bundled two vases into its arms and headed back into the store.
" Hey, it was a pleasure to meet you. "
----------Cicaro turned around and gave smirk laden with faux condescension. " Don't be gone too long, or I'll assume you died in a shipwreck. "
----------Gabriel watched him shut the door, and then quickly made his way to one of the walls that surrounded Forget-Me-Not and leaped up and over it, disappearing from sight.

Xtrashy

Years
She sighed mentally as she clearly noticed the Furret's reaction. Why she decided to work in a place where literally everyone she worked with thought she was an abomination was beyond her. Regardless she entirely ignored his comment about makeup. How would she even put makeup on, she has claws, and no real facial features, though one time she had considered drawing pupils onto her eyes just to see how much it would freak everyone out, maybe another time though she thought as she looked to the front to see where Amaryllis was, she didn't see her boss. Wondering if it had simply been a ploy to get her to shove off, though further turning of her eyes showed the location of her employer, by the Chimecho. Regardless, she had her destination.

She thought she heard the Furret mention something about a hat as she scuttled off towards the direction of Amaryllis, intent of showing off the injured employee currently on top of her mushroom. Some festival day this was turning out to be. Someone's already hurt and nobody really seems to care at all. But, whatever, she just made her way over there, seeing that the two seemed to be having some kind of discussion or something. But, she didn't care. "Hey." she said, interrupting whatever they had been talking about. Not that she cared she was interrupting them, whatever it was probably wasn't important anyway, besides she was kind of tired of carrying the Bidoof, he wasn't heavy or anything, but he was aggravating her already delicate mushroom skin with that fur of his. The slight increase in temperature alone just from where Samuel lay upon her was enough to make her feel irritated.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
As Blair went back to get the spray after having her hands full with the filled water bowl, she saw the boss come out with a cardboard box filled with what appeared to be tablecloths, based on the cloth that jutted out of the box.

"Good for you all. So, for table cloths, we have this nice cloth with all different muted shades of blue and purple, in the form of a traditional wave pattern. It catches the eye and it's not too overbearing, I don't think." He continued, going over the choices of cloth and wallpaper, a blue cloth with star patterning, a blue and purple cloth with wavy patterns on it and a tasseled blue tablecloth. Not exactly the most opinionated on how decor, Blair shrugged and grumbled, "I don' know. I guess the blue wavy one? I'm not the person to ask for decoration assistance. Magic on the other hand…" Already her eyes lit up, thinking about how she loved magic. In an uncharacteristically enthusiastic and upbeat voice she added, "I'd be perfect for the job! You remember, boss, right when I used to perform for the children down at the square? Please, let me sh-" Her thoughts were interrupted by Errol dropping the books on the floor. Annoyed she lost her thunder, she glared at the hapless Qwilfish but turned her attention to Silver when she asked her to help her set up the stand. Eager to get he stand up already to the point where she could fortune tell already, she replied, "Sure, I'll help ya."

She moved from her position near the counter and walked over to where Silver was, rambling about suggestions of what to do with the table. Blair began to run by all of the things that she had gathered, when she heard Druag, the crippled Drudiggon shamble into the store. Not any more amicable towards him than any other employee, she merely sighed and gave a curt wave. It seemed that everyone was super on board with the star cloth, not that it really mattered to her. She shrugged and concurred with everyone else, "Eh, whatever, we can go with the star cloth."

As for the suggestions for the crystalline aesthetic, Blair was digging that sort of vibe. It's a sort of mystic vibe that would work for the purposes of what they're going for, especially since she's tried that look for her own stand. "Well, I'm on board with this look. May I suggest some designs I had for my old stand? There's this whole thing about crystals enhancing the power and clarity of your readings, especially if the crystals are amethyst. Amethyst have quite the connection with the spirit world, you see. Also, I've always found that incense is a good way to help set up a good atmosphere. Calls upon the spirits and calms the fortune teller and client alike." It was quite unlike her to be this compliant and helpful; it was really only because she was giddy at the thought of doing magic again. This was surely to the surprise of everyone, except for Silver, who had got her in a good mood talking about magic a couple of times.

But before she could even think about that, she would have to build some sort of small structure to complete the image. "Hmm, how about we stack some crates and drape cloth over it? That way, it'll be like a little tent almost except not as fancy shmancy as those rich fakers back home."

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Varien the Kecleon
352.png

Mission: Escape the Shop!

Kecleon weren't known for their speed, rather on the other side of the coin they were known to be extremely slow. Running as fast as he could, Varien made for the door, still yet to be closed from the Dragon-type Pokemon that just entered. He didn't listen to anything; he didn't look at anything but the door. It started to close...

No! Not this way!! Varien forced his legs to move faster, focusing solely on moving with (what he considered to be) extreme speed. He made it to the door before it closed, slipping a hand between the door and the frame, not feeling pain from the weight of the door. His whole body felt heavy, but he couldn't stop now.

Varien didn't intend to, but as he opened the door a smidge so he could fit through, he saw Castiel floating towards him... Muk!! MUK!! Varien's skin changed from a cream white to a bright red - he wasn't aware of it but in his desperation he lost his invisible colouring.

Shadow Sneak!! Varien sunk into his shadow and zipped out the store, the move allowing him to bypass his slower speed. He wasn't in the clear yet, hesitating just outside the shop then scurrying towards Forget-Me-Not. He was able to catch his breath, and turned invisible, but he knew they would see his stripe. I can't go to Forget-Me-Not! I'll ruin everything and lose any reputation I gain from this!

Almost falling over in the process, Varien changed direction before he reached the halfway point across the street, going away from both stores to the north. I can't let them get me! He was short of breath, but he had one more trick up his sleeve. Whoever was behind him would be in for a surprise, as the Kecleon made for the sidewalk at least five shops down then turned to face any pursuiter, tongue at the ready.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Rina the Chimecho ~ Forget-Me-Not

'You would like to see it again, my application?'
chimecho.gif

Here's the deets:

__
__
Mentions: Amaryllis, Spora, Samuel, Goro
__
Held Item: Pretty Lantern
__
__
[ heading south again ]
-------The peppermint snuck up on her.

-------"Oh, Amaryllis!" Rina whipped around like a thrown-back drape, looking bright with alarm as she turned to face her employer. It was as if the Florges has tugged her ribbony ringer and triggered a sharp ding-a-ling! The lantern in Rina's limbs fell limply and delicately to the ground at the very start of Amaryllis' voice. There was nothing within it, no tone warm with respect, not even lightness out of surprise. This immediately displeased the Chimecho who had, in a far reach of her mind, convinced herself that such a zealous show would bring forth the best in her boss. Rina's expectations withered and died at the gradual examination of Amaryllis. A posture that hinted at false phlegmatism, a static stare and a contradictive, plastered smile that looked just like one of her little cousin Rei's plastic dolls. Rina felt her vigor gush from her in one fell movement. "Ma'am."

-------It looks like you cannot do anything right.

-------She was cold, stiff, more icicle than chime. Her mouth swam with bitterness as if she'd fallen face first, mouth open, into a Rawst berry bush. There were at least a hundred nasty, ill-bred words in Spirit-talk that would best fit Ms. Amaryllis in Rina's mind, during that moment, but the words most candidly impactful were those of her boss. Specifically, there were two that left the Chimecho utterly floored and inwardly gasping for mercy: there was Goro and here… to… see… you.

-------Her initial reaction was 'Who does she mean, this 'Goro'?' but the mention struck a resounding chord. Suddenly, Rina was struck by a realization of startlingly violent proportions, so much so the Chimecho nearly crumpled to a dainty heap right then. Suddenly, there was Rei and Hugo, too, chittering wildly about the festivities to come. "Snowcones are good and all but I really wanna see the parade! We should get up really, really early to see it!" "Yeah, but don't get up too early, 'cause the guards'll be out and I heard one of them's a big, mean ol' Pangoro!"

-------The connection was thusly drawn. He's back! Yes, the capped crusader! The behemeoth donned in white and black! The grandmaster Goro had reappeared in justice's name, his only goal to seal the nail in that villain Rina's coffin for seemingly no reason at all! 'What did I do or think have done? Why is the Goro 'mon hating me? Why is Amaryllis hating me? Why is the world hating me!? Why is this day so horrible!? Why can I not go back to hanging the lanterns!? What is evil with the world and is it not even late morning!?'

-------Amaryllis was speaking in slow motion. "...you… two... didn't... finish... talking…" Her voice was a sharpened proboscis fixed in Rina's side. "...let's… remedy… that… go… over… there…" Every word was slowly draining her. "...and… apologize…" She was sure to be left a hollow, horrified shell.

-------The grey and despairing poltergeist that was Rina could say nothing in response to Amaryllis' urges. The Chimecho dared not glance past her boss' ornate mane in case the nightmare'd prove itself true. She stood eerily still, eerily silent, making no effort to speak nor prove lively. The veal was gone.

-------The fear was far from diminished. Like the makings of a hasty horror film, the quiet scene of her and Amaryllis was interrupted by a rusky voice and the pop-up appearance of a familiar clawed, crawling coworker and her corresponding fungal growth. The zombie appeared from nowhere with an indistinguishable brown package draped atop its hunchback and Rina screamed.

-------"Eeee-yah!" It was an ear-scathing warble, shrill with uncontained fear, a thorough wash of sound with not a touch of bass to it. Even the Forget-Me-Not floor appeared thoroughly aggravated; the great scream was answered by a brief but all-encompassing shudder, grand enough to send a sloppily-hung lantern careening down to bonk the poor Chimecho on the cranium.

-------It was at this point that Rina recognized her self-contained apocalypse had arrived, that her life could more-or-less be considered over. With a final, heaving sigh, the chime sunk solidly and solidly to the floor, folding her tail beneath her.

Last edited:
Back