• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolution beyond Evolution... Mega-Evolve!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
How often do you guys rely on mega-Evolution in game? Which Pokemon do you like to mega-evolve?

tumblr_msvgkdxVCJ1s8ouhxo1_500.gif

It works like this: first you need a Mega Bracelet. Then, you'll need the appropriate 'mega stones' for pokemon that are able to mega-evolve during the game, for example, Charizard here can evolve with a Charizardite. And with the change, the pokemon can gain a new type, a new form, and even a new ability! Plus, it's stats will increase, until the mega-form state is over.

That being said, you can take a look at all of the pokemon that can mega-evolve here! So, which mega-evolved pokemon would you say is your favourite, or favourite to use? How often do you use Mega-evolution? Got any other thoughts? Post em' here!

Years
I loved my Mega Ampharos, she was incredibly fun to use! Made use of them a lot more in ORAS than XY it seems, especially since many of the mons I was breeding for good IVs back then were able to mega evolve (Lopunny, Altaria, Ampharos among others). I don't care much that it made the games easier since imo core games are already easy enough, plus I like looking at my adorable mega evos lol. Ampharos and Altaria are especially cute!!

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Mewtwo Y, X, Diancie, and Ampharos are my favorite mega-evolved Pokemon. Venusaur and Lucario are the only Pokemon I have used for mega-evolution and the only time I made them use mega-evolution is when I'm in a tough battle.

Years
All I'm going to say is that I loved using my Mega Mawile in ORAS. She absolutely dominated battles. ??

Such a shame that there likely won't be any new megas, though... would like to see where Game Freak could've taken this interesting idea. ._.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I like the idea of Mega Evolution (I enjoy the Digimon-like aspect of it), but I don't really use it since none of my top-favorites Mega Evolve. My favorite is Shiny Mega Beedrill though (I've had a thing for metallic green insects since I was a kid and this is the closest we've got).

beedrill-mega.gif

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Seeing as my favorite Pokemon(Vulpix/Ninetales) lacks a Mega, much less my 2nd favorite(Sandshrew/Sandslash), I'd probably go with Charizard, specifically its Y form over the much touted X. It gets a modest boost to Physical Attack but really gets its Special buffed considerably(notably Special Attack +50 to 159). Most of Charizard's moves happen to be Special and other Pokemon typically do a better job in the Physical department. Tack on Flying Typing that makes it immune to Ground moves and its a Pokemon that can sweep when put in the right situations.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
Mega Charizard X, Mega Mewtwo Y and Diancie are my favorite mega evolutions

Back