• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Do you want Dedenne to have an evolution?

So far, the only member of the supposed Pikachu-family of Pokémon (a term I didn't even know existed until yesterday) to have an evolutionary line has been Pikachu itself. Isn't it about time that they ended that pattern? I'm kind of sick of these little cutsie Electric-type rodents running around. I mean, they're all essentially the same Pokémon, but with different names. So, would you guys want Dedenne to break the pattern set forth in previous generations and evolve into an Electric rodent that actually looks a little...tougher?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Superfox, since the September CoroCoro Discussion has the topic of Dedenne covered, I'm going to merge your thread there.

As for your question about it evolving, I can't help but think that if Dedenne should evolve into anything, it should be Raichu. I'd also like to add that Marill is considered the "Pikachu Clone" of Gen II, and it evolves into Azumarill.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Superfox, since the September CoroCoro Discussion has the topic of Dedenne covered, I'm going to merge your thread there.

As for your question about it evolving, I can't help but think that if Dedenne should evolve into anything, it should be Raichu. I'd also like to add that Marill is considered the "Pikachu Clone" of Gen II, and it evolves into Azumarill.
No one ever remembers Marill =C

Also interesting point, up until Gen 5 all of the Pikachu Clones were Mono Typed. Now in Gen 6, three are dual typed.

Dedenne evolving...since it looks so much like a Raichu I kinda don't want it to evolve. I'd then look at Emolga, Pachirisu, and the cheer twins Plusel and Minun and go. "WHY YOU DON'T DO THIS?!"

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
No one ever remembers Marill =C

Also interesting point, up until Gen 5 all of the Pikachu Clones were Mono Typed. Now in Gen 6, three are dual typed.

Dedenne evolving...since it looks so much like a Raichu I kinda don't want it to evolve. I'd then look at Emolga, Pachirisu, and the cheer twins Plusel and Minun and go. "WHY YOU DON'T DO THIS?!"
It's possible they might've even retcon the rest of the mono Pikaclones to part Fairy too...hope we get a full list of Pokémon that have become Fairy. Imo Minun and Plusle would make good Fairies...however that'll make Emoga the only Pika clone who isn't part Fairy...

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I feel like it'd be a bit excessive to retcon most, if not all, Pikaclones to dual Fairy types. It's interesting in the case of Marill because of the final evolution typings, but for the others... I don't know, just feels unnecessary, especially since that'd make like, what... 3-4 Electric/Fairy types that are all relatively the same? Dunno, just feel like they're fine the way they are.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I feel like it'd be a bit excessive to retcon most, if not all, Pikaclones to dual Fairy types. It's interesting in the case of Marill because of the final evolution typings, but for the others... I don't know, just feels unnecessary, especially since that'd make like, what... 3-4 Electric/Fairy types that are all relatively the same? Dunno, just feel like they're fine the way they are.
Not all as I doubt they'll retcon Emoga. So that'll be 4 if one counts the newest Pikaclone. Now maybe even Pikachu and line could be Fairy/Electric...but who knows.

blue

gucci
Years
Seeing that, as of typing this post, that it is the 13th (for me, anyway xD), do you think that there will be any more reveals? Or would it be perhaps a day or so later than anticipated, being the 14th or 15th instead?

I think we've had all that we're going to get this month unfortunately, the 15th will just be the official release date of CoroCoro which will showcase what we've already seen this month. ;;

bobandbill

one more time
Years
There is a chance they may reveal an extra thing or two when the stuff goes up on the English site, but I wouldn't count on it. If anything it'd be just some extra tidbit of info to couple what we already know (and English names of stuff).

After that, whatever gets revealed is hard to predict, if there is anything. Leaks are always possible after all. *motions to ign's mistake with Pyroar*

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
New info from Serebii:

-First are the starters. Chespin's evolution, Hariboogu is to be called Quilladin. Fennekin's evolution, Teerunaa , is to be called Braixen and Froakie's evolution, Gekogashira, is to be called Frogadier

-Next are the fossil Pokémon. Chigorasu is to be called Tyrunt while its ability, Strong Jaw, retains its name. Next, Amarusu is to be called Amaura while its ability, is called Refrigerate

-The customisable dog Pokémon, Torimian is to be called Furfrou while its ability Fur Coat retains its name. Its move, Baby Doll Eyes whichmoves first . The process to customise it is called Trimming

-The cat Pokémon, Nyaonikusu is to be called Meowstic.

-Pyroar has a female form

-The Team Flare admins, Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi and Corea are to be called . The actress Karune is to be called . The beauty salon to change your clothes is the Many new screenshots were also released and have been added to our pre-release screenshot page.

EDIT: oops wrong thread

Back