• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pick one starter to use in your in-game team

Years
you're suddenly required to use one starter on your team. this starter can be from any of the 8 gens. who do you choose?

Years
Serperior for me, ideally with contrary and leaf storm! I love it a lot already and my HA one was so good in bw. ❤️

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Wartortle of course! It's currently my favorite Pokémon and I already use one on both my "main" team and TrainerSona's team.

If I had to pick one that I'm not already using, I think I'd have to choose Quilava. I generally gravitate toward the Chikorita line since that's what I used in Silver back in the day, but I've really been digging Quilava's design these past few years.

Last edited:
Years
Wartortle of course! It's currently my favorite Pokémon and I already use one on both my "main" team and TrainerSona's team.

If I had to pick one that I'm not already using, I think I'd have to choose Quilava. I generally gravitate toward the Chikorita line since that's what I used in Silver back in the day, but I've really been digging Quilava's design these past few years.

You don't know how happy this makes me, wartortle is in my top 10 mons list T_T ❤️ He is awesome! (Also quilava is also really great)

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Swampert, has a handy resistance to Electric attacks unlike any other fully-evolved Water Starter. I'm currently using one in my Gen 4 team, and it will certainly come in handy against Red when I battle him thanks to it knowing Stealth Rock.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
You don't know how happy this makes me, wartortle is in my top 10 mons list T_T ❤️ He is awesome! (Also quilava is also really great)

Those fuzzy ears, that fluffy tail, that "blush," those little fangs, that tough look in its eyes... it's the perfect balance of cool and cute! Also, between writing "Wartortle's Loose Tooth" with my mom and my dad getting me a bootleg Wartortle card from a gas station vending machine, it's really nostalgic.

Years
This one's easy for me. I'll choose Bulbasaur that will eventually evolve all the way into a Venusaur.

Bulbasaur line is my favorite starter line and Venusaur is not only my favorite starter but also one of my all time favorite Pokemon. Bulbasaur is one of the cutest and coolest first stage starters and Ivysaur is one of the best looking middle stage starters since it doesn't suffer from that weird/awkward design like a lot of the other middle stage starters.

Years
It would have to be between Charmander, Totodile or Mudkip, tough one but I think I'd go with charmander as its my most used starter out of the 3

Back