• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Conversion / Conversion 2
    A while back I was wondering if Conversion+Adaptability Porygon-Z is an interesting thing to use. Gen 6 changed Conversion so that it always converts the Pokemon to the type specified to the first move slot and since you can switch the order of the moves around in battles, you can pretty much control into what type it converts. It's basically a poor-man's Protean, boosted by Adaptability, but with the drawback of sacrificing one turn every time you want it to change its typing.

And of course, the other drawback being that you have to sacrifice a moveslot just to carry Conversion.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I know most of those moves, except for Crafty Shield. Though I don't really remember what Aromatic Mist does. And I don't think that I've ever seen anything use Barrage since like....Gen 2 lol

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I know most of those moves, except for Crafty Shield. Though I don't really remember what Aromatic Mist does. And I don't think that I've ever seen anything use Barrage since like....Gen 2 lol

Crafty Shield is like Safeguard, only it lasts for a single turn instead of... I think 3? It blocks status moves.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • not sure how many of you follow the viability rankings, but Smogon decided to create a rank for these Pokemon:

Arcanine
    Crobat
    Galvantula
    Heliolisk
    Krookodile
    Machamp
    Nidoking
    Nidoqeen
    PorygonZ
    Jellicent
    Moltres
    Stoutland
    Slurpuff
    Snorlax
    Skuntank
    Claydol
    Shedinja
    Poliwrath

I can't find this. Link?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Crafty shield is waaaay better than safeguard, especially in doubles. It prevents all status moves, not just status conditions a la paralysis, burn, sleep etc. Since klefki's prankster too; priority taunt blocking, encore blocking, no feather dancing, t wave will o wisp, etc. for your teammate.

Oh yeah, Nah - for good reason lol. Even I can't really think of some convoluted situation in which I'd really wanna run barrage for serious.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Crafty shield is waaaay better than safeguard, especially in doubles. It prevents all status moves, not just status conditions a la paralysis, burn, sleep etc. Since klefki's prankster too; priority taunt blocking, encore blocking, no feather dancing, t wave will o wisp, etc. for your teammate.

Oooooo neat. Opinion -------> Changed.

Detox

I'm not the biggest fan of laddering these days. Mainly because I'm lazy as fuck, but also because I feel that there are better ways to gauge how well built a team is and figure out its flaws. I'd only ladder if I was trying to get voting reqs or got bored and wanted to try and peak or something.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I'm not the biggest fan of laddering these days. Mainly because I'm lazy as fuck, but also because I feel that there are better ways to gauge how well built a team is and figure out its flaws.
    What would be a better way then?

Detox

I most often just practice with other highly skilled players and give and receive feedback. I think it's superior to laddering because I'm not wasting much time and I get quality information back about my team and execution. I mean, this is just my opinion. Others may find laddering better, but I just think that this is a better method for me because it cuts out a lot of time and hassle.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I kinda agree with you. I think that many people prefer laddering to that though because it's more easily accessible and they can do it whenever they want. With practicing against skilled players+getting feedback you kinda have to find a skilled player first....and then hope that they're willing to help....and that there's good times for you both to battle and stuff. I do think that it's the better way, but those 3 factors don't always line up for everyone, while at the same time anyone with a computer and internet connection can ladder on Showdown.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2019
    Im just getting into ev training , so i have a question. If i fight enough pokemons of a certain kind to max out 2 evs, but i fight them at low levels does it matter if i dont level up much? After im done fighting ev pokemons does it matter at all what i fight after that on my way to lvl 100?

Detox

Im just getting into ev training , so i have a question. If i fight enough pokemons of a certain kind to max out 2 evs, but i fight them at low levels does it matter if i dont level up much? After im done fighting ev pokemons does it matter at all what i fight after that on my way to lvl 100?

After you've maxed out the EVs in two stats, you will not gain any more (outside of the final 6 which equals to 1 ev point in another stat) unless you lower them via the EV reducing berries. So no, you can fight whatever you desire, it won't really matter.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2019
    After you've maxed out the EVs in two stats, you will not gain any more (outside of the final 6 which equals to 1 ev point in another stat) unless you lower them via the EV reducing berries. So no, you can fight whatever you desire, it won't really matter.

Thanks, good to know. Anyway, im playing on of the older games, 3rd gen so its probably outdated in most people eyes. But im at a loss, according to many sets i should invest in speed, but i cant see why. Machamp is slow as f, why not the remains into special defence or defence instead? Lets say the bulk up set, you would think spd is way better than investing in speed, no?

Last edited:

Detox

They allow you to outspeed certain threats, even with its low speed stat.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    wouldn't it be crazy if, assuming you've already maxed out your evs, succeeding evs you gain override the old ev points you have? if that were the case i'd probably stay even more away from online cartridge play because lol ain't nobody got time fo dat

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • wouldn't it be crazy if, assuming you've already maxed out your evs, succeeding evs you gain override the old ev points you have? if that were the case i'd probably stay even more away from online cartridge play because lol ain't nobody got time fo dat

thank u based super training

that would suckkkkk

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • ^ Oh jeez, what then - would it kick off the oldest EV's you got??? Why even would that be a thing, ew omigod.

I'd like to challenge anybody here to come up with an effective use for the move rototiller.... I wanna put it on a gimmicky excadrill, but... How. Partner it with Trevenant, maybe?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back