• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Gross! These badges are filthy."

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Just a few moments ago I was on my Pokémon Diamond and I just happened to take a look at my Trainer's Card when I noticed how filthy my badges were. It had obviously been awhile since I last paid any attention to them. I then took a few minutes to wipe them all clean until I realized I should probably do the same with the badges I had on my other games as well. With no surprise they were all equally as filthy as the ones in Diamond.

To make a long story short, I realized how often I forget about my badges and that I actually have to clean them or else they get dirty and lose their shine. Which ultimately led me to creating this thread.

How often do you clean your badges? Or are you like me and end up neglecting them for long periods of time until you suddenly come across how dirty they are while playing?

When you do happen to clean your badges, how clean do you make them? Until they reach their natural color or until they are sparkling with four stars?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I used to clean them after every new badge and I didn't stop until they were squeaking clean. But then it got to like the 6th gym and I forgot. It wasn't until I looked at them during the league for some reason and saw how filthy they were. Back to their squeaky clean look! :3

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • You can also clean your badges in Black and White too. Although, after playing Diamond and Platinum for so long the novelty of it sort of wore off by the time they were released. So I never really bothered to clean my badges as much in White as I did at first in DPPt.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I used to clean my badges every day, but now I don't really care much, though I do clean them every now and then.

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
  • I clean them every time I go check how many cash I have. That's probably... every time I win a Gym Battle. As soon as I beat Volkner, I clean them and never stop. I thought it could go over 4 stars at that time. :P

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I recall frequently re-polishing my badges whenever I got a new one in Pearl. It was a really cute little gimmick I enjoyed. Even after I finished the game, I still occasionally went back and cleaned my badges all to sparkling perfection.

After I stopped playing that game, though, I also pretty much stopped caring about the badges. Well, I guess that's not completely true - if I happened to stumble on my badge case again in White and notice that they were dirty, I would still clean them. But I don't frequently check if they were dirty anymore.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If I bother with it, I usually get them super shiny. Why start and not finish it all the way, you know?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I clean them whenever I can remember. It's a fun little thing to do--a cute detail, and I appreciate it. But it certainly isn't something I go out of my way to do.

Years
  • Usually when I win a new badge, but not always. After beating the Elite Four, I tend to not even bother, seeing as there's no real point to it.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I don't always remember to shine my badges, but I usually manage to every few times. I think it's frustrating to clean them one day and have them really dirty the next, or at least that's what mine does.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I NEVER clean my badges! At the end of playing the storyline in Black & White I realized I could clean my badges. xD I started to drag my stylus and wiped the badges until *sparkles* started to come out. And so I'm like "THIS IS SO AWESOME."

...then like two weeks later I go back and clean them again. xD So...I guess, every two weeks I clean my badges. I should probably do that every day. /bad trainer

Cid

Years
  • I barely check out my Trainer's Card during the game, let alone post-game when checking into the game becomes even more intermittent. I always thought the Trainer's Card's info that I needed was constantly drilled into my head every single time I saved so I never had the initiative to check them out. As a result, I have filthy badges. For both of the new generations.

At times that I do see the neglected badges, I don't bother cleaning them unless I accidentally rub them and hear the squeaking sound. Then I clean them. If I were actually the trainer in-game I would probably clean them all the time, but yeah as detached as I am, that's not gonna happen. XD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • It's weird, i sort of forgot the feature existed in Diamond and Pearl and then remembered you could when I opened my trainer card in White and noticed you can clean your badges.

I clean them every once in a while when I have nothing better to do or whenever I look at my trainer card.

Back