• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Years
  • Well wtf!?

kim_jong_un.jpg

Go on give him more guns!!! Jk xD

Years
  • I was considering voting Bard anyway, now I'm going to. I'll change it if someone starts looking more suss but that'd be hard to do.

[Vote] Bardothren

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Eh, I dunno. I guess we only just saw a trigger happy Bard, and trigger happy Bard was bad. I'm not sure if a second chance is worth the risk.

[Vote] Bardothren

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Gosh dang it Bard. Just when I decide to give you the benefit of a doubt, you go and shoot the cop. I don't even know what to say at this point. -_-

[Vote] Bardothren

Please, ladies and gents, let this be a warning to you all; don't give insane people firearms. For any reason. The more you know, insert rainbow here.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • ....Well the town is completely ****ed now. Doc and cop gone. And that's reason #99999999999 not to give Bard a gun.

Another idea for Wobbuffet is a Reflector - NAs performed on it would be redirected either randomly or at a specific target?

Years
  • ....Well the town is completely ****ed now. Doc and cop gone. And that's reason #99999999999 not to give Bard a gun.

Another idea for Wobbuffet is a Reflector - NAs performed on it would be redirected either randomly or at a specific target?

That's an interesting possibility.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm not too sure, but is it possible for the Wobbuffet to have something similar to using either Counter or Mirror Coat? Like one does one thing, the other does something else and you have to try to choose the right one?

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Welp.
    This sucks but what I see here is typical Bard behavior, unless things changed while I was gone.
    Was there ever a game where Bard hesitated to yolo use a gun? No.
    Was there anything indicating Doof was the cop so Bard would have a reason to shoot him? Also no.
    Even if he knew, would he declare he would be firing his gun while it's only 50% to reveal him? Once again, no.

So what's going on here exactly? I'm looking at Gunner and gp the most at the moment. Mostly at Gunner cuz scum gp would try to at least include logic in his judgement so he doesn't make himself too obvious.

Gunner's post was just a vote. It feels like she was looking for a reason to vote someone and get away with it.

[Vote] Salzorrah

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Fortunately this game (as in mafia) is more than facts, though.
    I'm not saying Bard is innocent, I am saying what he did is not alignment indicative. He might deserve to be voted, but you all should use your brains and realize he had no way of knowing doof was the cop. The cop wasn't intentionally killed. It was random.
    My argument here is that what's happening right now is bad because you all locked on one target and are not willing to negotiate, like it's 100% certain that Bard is scum, just because of a random kill which happened to be the cop.
    If anything, I'd put the blame on Delibird for handing out a gun on n0.

Anyway, I see Gunner as an opportunist scum who tried to make a bandwagon without reasoning and is currently succeeding for some reason that's beyond me.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • It's not as null as you put it either. You might choose to see it as typical bard, but I see it as "I don't give a fuck about who dies, because what could go wrong?" Now, you know that a lot of things could go wrong, as we've seen. He's been playing this game for a while now, he knows this, one reason that you wouldn't care about who dies is because you're mafia and you know your team mates.

It's a gray line, I wouldn't say he's 100% scum, but I believe he's the best target. I'll give you Gunner, though. If Bard flips inno, she'll make a good starting point next day.

Another reason would be that he's third party, which hadn't occurred to me until now. Fair point.
    I just hope the thread won't die after lynching Bard almost unanimously, which is usually the case here, so I'm trying to make more cases.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Personally, I wouldn't say That bard what overwhelmingly scummy, but last time we saw plays from him that were somewhat detrimental to the town, we was 3rd Part, so he could have rolled Jigglypuff.

For now I will [VOTE]Bardothren, but I'm not 100% sold on him being scum (though he could be anti-town). Anyway, this is somewhat usual behaviour from Gunner,no?

As for the other stuff happening in the thread.

@Kiyo: I've been trying to play the game a bit better, but one comment about a delibird isn't terrible. Of course I knew that delibird was in the OP, and I believe doof was setting up an obvious question so I gave an obvious answer.

@Nani: No offence, but you're looking into mechanics a little too much. Rarely will roles be so complex as the feature the in-game technicalities. also this is a pokémon forum most of us know what an unown is

@Nero: Pretty sure I have an idea on what Ditto is too, haha

@jd: I was actually thinking a reflector too earlier:/ Perhaps it wouldn't reflect to a random target but instead back to the person who targeted them?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Well that seems... oddly specific. I guess I'm not too convinced Bard is mafia yet, but perhaps one of the roles in mafia could let him learn someone's role? Pikachu?

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • In this condition, the best choice to prove that he was indeed a mafia would be someone to do the CC. That makes things much more easier and simpler rather than going in the bandwagon, right? And if there was no CC, maybe it's best to drop it and go for the second suspect. Mistakes happen from time to time, right right?

Also, about the Wobbuffet's role, the best guess would be Granny. I mean, LOOK! She even has them lipstick on!

Spoiler:
    Generally speaking, that thing obviously is a tank that can take a lot of hits. And with all those puny early game moves (Calling it, who'd use Ember on that?) we have right now, I really doubt it would fall down that easily--hence the part where she can't be killed during the night. But what about moves that are too powerful for her to take? Deem those moves as attacks that bypasses night immunity.

The catch? Wobbuffet is the epitome of passivity in here--if no one comes to bother her, then she wouldn't do anything in return.

And then you'll come up with the idea of status moves (Let's call it things that you call NA that doesn't harm targets) which would the most contradicting part so far. Mind you, unless from lynching, granny can't be killed during the day and the night. Aside from the move Safeguard, she'd be logically vulnerable to it. But what merit offers her another immunity toward them? Her ability, the Shadow Tag. Even though you meant no harm--once you stepped in, you'll have to go through what kind of stuff you shouldn't see that you'd die of shame.

...Well, maybe that wasn't a good image to depict of. I don't know, you can use another based on your liking.
    So basically, once you're in, you'll never come out alive. That's my guess that I think is the most logical to prevent any other guess about other possible roles that don't really match.

Oh, and to actually vote. [Vote] Salzorrah

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • With a potential cult an uncc'd claim isn't 100% proof. We'll have to see if Jigglypuff flips cult.

I myself was leading towards an Alien, but idk

Back