• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Relationship Thread

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
  • Been with my boyfriend (who I affectionately refer to as catboyfriend on here) for almost 7 years. Hoping to get married when we're financially stable. I feel like our communication skills, interests, goals, and everything else are compatible enough for a long lasting marriage. :3

Years
  • well, we don't work together at all. we're just in the same company. we handle different projects.

Ah, okay, that sounds reasonable and acceptable.

Half my friends are pro-coworkers dating while the other half are anti-coworkers dating @.@ They are not helping the situation.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • So in a month my entire situation changed drastically. My fiance and I have split and he's moving out Wednesday. I can't really pin point one exact reason why the relationship fell apart but more like 50,000 and I just gave up.

I've got a girlfriend now and she's been my rock. I had felt guilty about jumping into a new relationship so soon, but a few of my friends have said I should be happy because my last relationship had been failing a while and I was a saint to stick it out for so long. I just need to convince myself that I deserve to be happy.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • So in a month my entire situation changed drastically. My fiance and I have split and he's moving out Wednesday. I can't really pin point one exact reason why the relationship fell apart but more like 50,000 and I just gave up.

I've got a girlfriend now and she's been my rock. I had felt guilty about jumping into a new relationship so soon, but a few of my friends have said I should be happy because my last relationship had been failing a while and I was a saint to stick it out for so long. I just need to convince myself that I deserve to be happy.

Oh dammit always sad to hear relationships falling apart. :/ you'll be stronger once that's done. Keep strong.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Ah, okay, that sounds reasonable and acceptable.

Half my friends are pro-coworkers dating while the other half are anti-coworkers dating @.@ They are not helping the situation.

Always been intrigued at the concept of dating someone you work with. I don't know if I would want to be with someone I'm going out with literally all day, at work and away from it.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Small update because my last post was quite sad. After lots of talking we managed to take some action to actively make our relationship better. It's working very well, our relationship is a lot better now :3

Years
  • Always been intrigued at the concept of dating someone you work with. I don't know if I would want to be with someone I'm going out with literally all day, at work and away from it.

Yeah, I think the primary consideration would be how close you work with them.

I think it would be easier to do so within a large organization and not in the same department.

But, what do I know!

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Oh dammit always sad to hear relationships falling apart. :/ you'll be stronger once that's done. Keep strong.

I'm a genuinely happier person and I find myself even happier every day for making the decision I've done. The ex still lives with me for two more days and he came in at 7:30 am in a bad way after being out all night and I had some anxiety thinking that if I hadn't left him, it would be me making those awful decisions right alongside him.

This breakup was pretty wholesome for me despite it being bittersweet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm a genuinely happier person and I find myself even happier every day for making the decision I've done. The ex still lives with me for two more days and he came in at 7:30 am in a bad way after being out all night and I had some anxiety thinking that if I hadn't left him, it would be me making those awful decisions right alongside him.

This breakup was pretty wholesome for me despite it being bittersweet.
    Am honestly proud of you.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    4.5 years now, is there some kind of medal or... :P

It's pretty good, we've lived together for four years so he's like part of the furniture now haha ;). This year we got a kitty too, it might stave off my broodiness a few more years...

One tough things about relationships though is money ;-;. I wish he earned a bit more so I didn't feel guilty for being able to be frivolous.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • it's still only been a few dates but there are v positive signs!! we click really well, he is funny / appreciates my jokes, ambitious, wants to change the world - watch this space, will keep you posted

Back