• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Relationship Thread

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
This is interesting. How do polyamorous relationship starts?

i recently discovered i was polyamorous. in terms of getting into my most recent relationship with the person i started dating half a year ago, it was actually a pretty nervewracking process. it's all about communication and consent. i let my boyfriend that i was with at the time (and still am with) know that i was polyamorous and i was interested in someone. we talked about it and he came to respect me and my polyamory. we're not all dating each other, i'm just dating two people. i guess it can be a little confusing and hard to understand to others, but it's managed to work and be fine so far.

this reply is all over the place and i apologize. im losing my train of thought lol.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
i recently discovered i was polyamorous. in terms of getting into my most recent relationship with the person i started dating half a year ago, it was actually a pretty nervewracking process. it's all about communication and consent. i let my boyfriend that i was with at the time (and still am with) know that i was polyamorous and i was interested in someone. we talked about it and he came to respect me and my polyamory. we're not all dating each other, i'm just dating two people. i guess it can be a little confusing and hard to understand to others, but it's managed to work and be fine so far.

this reply is all over the place and i apologize. im losing my train of thought lol.

Don't worry. I get you. I just find polyamory fascinating as I've never met one IRL. I'm not interested in starting one though as I find even monogamy challenging lol.

Good thing your boyfriend is chill about it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
rip me trying to find that special someone anywhere so i've decided that i'm just going to be happy with a bunch of animals. a few things have crossed my mind to why things never worked out in past relationships that i keep in mind in the case i do find someone but tbh i feel like the chances of it happening are really low for me.

jombii

Years
rip me trying to find that special someone anywhere so i've decided that i'm just going to be happy with a bunch of animals. a few things have crossed my mind to why things never worked out in past relationships that i keep in mind in the case i do find someone but tbh i feel like the chances of it happening are really low for me.

wherever you are, the important thing is to be happy. You can have a committed relationship to yourself, keeping yourself happy, doing things you ask yourself to do, treating yourself. There are all kinds of love.

of course, PC loves you too.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I've been in a relationship for a year and a half. My health issues have seriously hurt the relationship and I hope we can recover eventually.

My tip: When arguing, focus on how you feel, don't try to analyse the other's actions and words. Emotions suck most of the time.

jombii

Years
PROTIP:

Trust is VERY crucial. I can't emphasize this enough. Once you feel the trust is gone, it's already downhill from thereon.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
[06:55:11] Gimmepie: Speaking of which weren't you meant to reply to Badsheep in the relationship thread if I shaved? ;)

He shaved.
He still claims he's the lucky one.
He actually looks pretty decent now though, which is nice!

YES! I want a picture too

Reactions: Nah

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
PROTIP:

Trust is VERY crucial. I can't emphasize this enough. Once you feel the trust is gone, it's already downhill from thereon.

SOOO TRUE!! I can't stress that enough!

I've been in a few legit relationships and they've all started off well but gone really bad eventually. I've always been really reckless and started relationships with people without knowing them for a really long time first. My longest relationship lasted close to 8 months.

I find that I often love people but they don't feel the same way or they do but then they keep secrets from me and then we fight and break up. I definitely need to be more careful and change how I do things or maybe just don't date people for a long time. The last one was the worst for me. It's been 2 months and the way she gives me the cold shoulder now still hurts like hell.

Either way I feel like all relationships do is destroy what were once good friendships, at least for me. I absolutely crave love and I think that's why I don't think things through in the beginning.

Years
ive posted in so many iterations of this thread it's actually crazy haha

not currently in a relationship, really looking for casual hook ups this summer as i've missed human intimacy dearly in my almost year of being single, and my monumental failure at college of not sealing the deal on multiple occasions. however, once fall semester starts i literally already have plans about this one girl bc im actually crazy and a hopeless romantic and NEED TO CHILL but i refuse to lmao

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm in a relationship with someone amazing. He accepts me for who I am, and I really do adore him tons. I know I don't really express it as much as I should, but it's just really hard. We've been through a lot together, and it's only made us much closer as a couple. I've been with him for a really long time, and I know now that I don't want anyone else but him. <3

Years
I don't think I posted an update, but a week or so ago me and that girl started dating, so yeah, pretty happy right now :)

Honest

Hi!
Years
I am in one, and it's been over 2 years at this point. Number one advice before entering a relationship would be to make sure you're happy being by yourself first.

User19sq

I'm not really one for relationships; I don't hate them, it's just hard to start one when you got zero cash and privileges. In reality, I can get a bit cheesy with a girl I care about.

Actually, I had a baby-crush on someone here a while back. It died pretty quickly, though. Probably for the best; we don't know much about each other, and I'm offline for long periods of time due to a strained access to the internet. So it goes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • She/Her, It/Its
  • Online now
I'm not ready for a relationship, yet. There's a lot of work that needs to be done before I gain the right of a relationship.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Hey look an opportunity to put some feelings down without having to actually talk to people, neat.

So about a month back my partner left me, for her own personal reasons.
We'd been together for around 8 years, which as i'm 25 is a pretty long time and so, as you can imagine I've been pretty much a mess ever since.

Guess I've been on a kind of self destructive spiral for a while following that and I'm slowly trying to better myself but it isn't as easy anymore. It's not really an understatement to say that I've grown into who I am with this person and now that they're gone I'm not really sure who I am, which in itself is a strange thing to say never mind come to the realization of.

I've built my life with the idea or spending the rest of it with them and now I have no idea what to do with myself.
I think the most painful thing is that I forgive them, and while I don't agree with their reasons I do understand them, and at the end of the day it is their choice.

Sheesh I really didn't mean to write this much.

Hold on to what you love people you never know when you might not have it anymore.

Also don't feel like you have to be all supporting or whatever I'm just clearing my mind, shine on you crazy diamonds.

Back