• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future of Eeveelutions

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
  • Well, one of my favorite pokemon is Eevee. So far its evolutions are one evolve and one type each. Do you think they will ever get to every type at least once with the way they are going? DO you think they might just throw that away and do a new one like it but have the evolutions with two types instead of one? What if they added evolutions with two types instead of one?

Years
  • It's hard to say for sure. Part of me heavily doubts that there's going to be an Eevee for every type; I feel like there's only going to be an Eevee for certain types and then eventually they're going to be stop being designed at some point.

Dual-type eeveelutions are extremely unlikely, but not impossible. But they don't fit with Eevee or the eeveelutions' current theme.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I dunno why they want to reduce new Eeveelution number to 1

But as it goes, either Eevee needs a baby form or it's evolutions need a evolution too

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm sure they'll find a way to give Eevee an evolution for every type eventually. It's not unthinkable? I really can't see a dual type Eevee evolution, though, that's kind of stretching it a bit. Considering every even generation always gives us a new Eevee evolution (or two), I'm sure we're due for a new one in Pokemon Switch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I'm sure they'll find a way to give Eevee an evolution for every type eventually. It's not unthinkable? I really can't see a dual type Eevee evolution, though, that's kind of stretching it a bit. Considering every odd generation always gives us a new Eevee evolution (or two), I'm sure we're due for a new one in Pokemon Switch.

Speaking of, I'd love it if Eevee got a Normal evolution. No one would expect it.

Years
  • Honestly, I'd just rather see single-typed Eeveelutions. I think it'd just really be stretching Eevee's gimmick to an unnecessary degree if dual-type eeveelutions were a thing. Keep it single typed so that each eeveelution has somewhat of a specific purpose; dual-typed eeveelutions kind of ruin that imo.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Please make a fighting eeveelution for gen 8 mr. satoshi tajiri. You'll be awesome forever if ya do xD

Satoshi Taijiri isn't involved in the creative aspect of Pok?mon anymore.

Speaking of that, I've wanted a Fighting type Eevee evolution since X/Y that evolved through Super Training...

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Most logical Eevolution they were to add would be Dragon via a Dragon Fang. Remember that movie 21 is technically in Johto with Lugia and the final Gen 7 Mythical in Zeraora. The whole arc with Clair involved a Dragon Fang so perhaps they discover a unique Eevee evolution(since Eevee is one of the protagonist?s Pok?mon) that evolves via the Fang.

Granted it?s just one but there aren?t too many that can be added at this point.

Years
  • So far, Eevee only had evolutions of Special-damaging moves (if we count Fairy as a Special-damaging type) so one might suppose that a Dragon Eeveelution may be the next and probably the last one in the line...
    But again, I don't see why we wouldn't have an eeveelution for every type, even Normal type!
    Personally, since Alola had none, I feel like Gen 8 has good chances to have a new Eeveelution, or even a couple (let's be crazy!).
    As for dual-typed Eevelutions, I think it's highly unlikely to happen...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I would love to see a Steel or Poison type. Or maybe even Ground type....it can be the Dirt Pokemon...lol.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Most logical Eevolution they were to add would be Dragon via a Dragon Fang.

Heh i'm sure a cetrail (sp) Eeveelution would love that

BTW in my german buddy's rom hack, we have a flying and ghost eeveelution

Last edited:
    Back