• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    No that only applies to if you're using a version exclusive. Because some Pokemon are not exclusive in certain gyms, like Growlithe in BW2 is in both games, but only in Fire Red in Kanto games.
    So, in other words, Meowth can be used in a SoulSilver run, but not in a HeartGold run. Am I understanding that correctly?

It doesn't affect me, but I just am making sure I understand that. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • So, in other words, Meowth can be used in a SoulSilver run, but not in a HeartGold run. Am I understanding that correctly?

It doesn't affect me, but I just am making sure I understand that. :)
    That is correct. I am editing the rule to make that more clear.
    Im playing Platinum, could you give me a new one?
    You need to complete a sign up if you want to participate. Whoever's sign up is before the one you submit you can use.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    You need to complete a sign up if you want to participate. Whoever's sign up is before the one you submit you can use.
    Just to help out, the current Unity entry for the next participant is listed as Wailord/Wobbuffet. I presume that means Wailord, but if you are so unlucky not to have it available, you get to tote a big blue blob of comic relief (wynaut?) around with you.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Wish lv. 1
    Tackle, String Shot

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Keira lv. 1 @ Eviolite
    Absorb

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Aubade lv. 1
    Scratch, Tail Whip, Magic Coat, Hypnosis

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Fallarbor lv. 1
    Rock Throw, Tackle, Harden, Confusion

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Yato lv. 1
    Detect, Taunt, Scratch, Feint

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Jarrett lv. 1 @ Soothe Bell
    Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip

Went ahead and bred all of my team members! I didn't want to go out and have to catch them, haha. Happy with how they turned out. Caterpie is named Wish because 11:11 is when you're supposed to make a wish. Petilil is Keira because I pair her and Jak together in the Jak series. Audbade means "brightest star" which works for Fennekin, because he'll be bringing sunlight to our battles. Solrock is named Fallarbor after the town in Hoenn, plus it resides close by in Meteor Falls. Absol was named Yato after the user whose favorite it is. And my wild card, Jarrett the Eevee, was named for my boyfriend because Espeon is one of his favorite Pokemon. I'm going to train Wish, Keira, and Aubade tonight and work on the other three tomorrow. :) Good luck, everyone!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Necrum, one more clarification. If it's in the Friend Safari, it's not considered a version exclusive, correct? I have determined I need an Ice type in the reserves and am floating some options for possible use, but leveling a few right now in the same Friend Safari training to see how their stats do.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Bitter Rivalry
    This Pokemon should either be a Pokemon who has the ability Rivalry, a Pokemon with a "pair" (ie: Electivire vs Magmortar), or any version exclusive Pokemon (
    ex. Spritzee in Y, Swirlix in X).

I hope this small alteration to the rules makes it easier to understand.

Necrum, one more clarification. If it's in the Friend Safari, it's not considered a version exclusive, correct? I have determined I need an Ice type in the reserves and am floating some options for possible use, but leveling a few right now in the same Friend Safari training to see how their stats do.
    I'm not counting Friend Safari in determining what's version exclusive, since having them is a matter of situation. Not everyone would have them necessarily, they're like bonuses based on who you know.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    OH! That restriction is only for Rivalry. I get it now! (I thought you were applying it to everything, stupid me. :P )

Well, I think Seviper has that covered for me? I thought that fell under it because of its, well, rivalry with Zangoose, and that's what I've already trained for that role. After all, they appear together and fight each other in hordes.

EDIT: I have tentatively selected my final team member. I've decided to give a shot to a Moody Snorunt as my Wild Card. Everyone else is in the 50s, and I just freshly caught this Snorunt not too long ago. Having the female FS one will give me the chance to use it for a breeding project after this challenge should I have one.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: RedJ
    Game: X
    Favorite Pokemon: Houndoom
    Favorite Color: red whatasurprise Mauve

Planned Team:
    -He Was #011!:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

-Bitter Rivalry:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

-Harsh Weather:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

-Hoenn Confirmed!:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

-Unity:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

-Wild Card:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Joining this challenge, sounds like a lot of fun!

Username: Omicron
    Game: Pokemon X
    Favorite Pokemon: Ludicolo
    Favorite Color: Mauve

My team consists of:

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge

He Was #011! | Bitter Rivalry | Harsh Weather | Hoenn Confirmed! | Unity | Wild Card

I love this team.

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • The team so far:

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    #11 the Starly - Lv 1
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Viridian the Eevee - Lv 1
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Sunny the Larvesta - Lv 1
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Keiran the Rufflet - Lv 1

Current Status: Going back and forth Route 1 in hopes for a fishing spot. Already got a Feebas, but I'm staying here for a bit in case I hook a Milotic.

EDIT: What are the odds of hooking one immediately after this post?

Adding the new member:
    GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Serenade the Milotic - Lv 46

Current Status: Going back and forth Chargestone Cave Giant Chasm.
    EDIT: I just figured that I needed a Dark type, so I switched to Absol as my Wild Card.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've assembled my 6 team members now, where Crustle fits the Unity clause and is Sammi's favorite Pokemon. I let her decide the nickname based on a list of the rare weapons in Borderlands. In fact, the whole team is named after or is a reference to a weapon in Borderlands, one of my favorite video game series. I first had a Malamar-Crustle-Politoed core, and then had to decide on my next three members that would benefit from Politoed's Harsh Weather or Drizzle. I picked the electrifying Luxray to represent Rivalry, Banette to represent Hoenn confirmed, and Toxicroak is my Wild Card. It's a bit of a rain team after dark.

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Kiss of Death
    Mega Banette
    Lv. 50
    Nature: Adamant
    Type: Ghost

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Make It Rain
    Politoed
    Lv. 48
    Nature: Hardy
    Type: Water

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Blockhead
    Crustle
    Lv. 54
    Nature: Impish
    Type: Bug | Rock

GT11 Pokemon Challenge

Skullmasher
    Malamar
    Lv. 43
    Type: Dark | Psychic

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Storm Front
    Luxray
    Lv. 35
    Type: Electric

GT11 Pokemon Challenge
    Slagga
    Toxicroak
    Lv. 50
    Nature: Naive
    Type: Poison | Fighting

Years
  • White 2 GT11 Challenge - Update #1

I caught all my team members today. 2/3 of them were very high level when I caught them, so hopefully I won't have to train them up too much. Gotta love the fact that this game throws such high leveled wild Pokémon at you late in and in the post-game. I trained up the two that weren't so they were close to what they are now, and slapped some EVs onto them too. I don't know how high leveled i'll enter the league at, but i'll give it some thought.

So here's my team:
    Spoiler:

Still have some training to do, hopefully my duties won't get too in the way.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Username: Griffinbane
    Game: X
    Favorite Pokemon: Pikachu
    Favorite Color: Mauve

Potential team thingymajig...?
    He was #011!: Malamar
    Bitter Rivalry: Scyther
    Harsh Weather: Tyranitar
    Hoenn Confirmed!: Flygon
    Unity: Ludicolo
    Wild Card: TBD

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I heard about a special emblem for finding a shiny while doing a challenge so I went and hunted one! I ended up with a cute little Foongus, and now I have Amoonguss as my wildcard! I named him GT11!
    Does this apply while you are training them? Or does that Shiny have to join your team somehow? My team is already set, but I found my third Shiny Audino doing this challenge.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Does this apply while you are training them? Or does that Shiny have to join your team somehow? My team is already set, but I found my third Shiny Audino doing this challenge.
    It's an emblem for people who get extremely lucky when playing a challenge.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It's an emblem for people who get extremely lucky when playing a challenge.
    So do I have to take a picture proving I caught it on July 6 or something?

I'll likely find another Shiny at some point, too. I've had a Shiny Horseshoe shoved up somewhere lately.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So my entire team is at Lv.50+ now. This may be done by tomorrow. I'll continue training the group this evening, and I might even try out the restaurants. (EDIT: Le Wow at Lv.63. That didn't go well. Back to the Safari.)

While using a Lv.100 Talonflame to help train my party members, I had asked a member here something (we won't worry about that something). Then, as I sent a message at 8:28 PM my time, I started to prepare to attack my next opponent...and, as you can see one minute later there, was taken aback by my third Kalos-bred Shiny Audino in front of me. I captured it. Turns out it's my first Klutz Ability Shiny Audino. Score. My team is full, so I put it in the PC.

Last edited:
    Years
  • GT11 Pokemon Challenge Status Report

It seems Annibel is on another challenge -- one that doesn't involve fire types! And one that allows Experience Share, which makes training sooooo much easier.
    I restarted the cart and did a fire monotype run based off Challenge's monotype rules... aaaaaand then never posted about it.

Anyway, Day 1 was pretty eventful. I picked up 6 team members (3 bred, 1 Safari, 2 wild encounters), then grinded them on various routes and a single run of Restaurant Le Wow for money. I also indulged in some Horde Battles and EV training. I'm in no rush this week, so I figure I'll take it slow and steady.

Team's below the spoiler. All Pokemon are nicknamed after Pokemon I've picked up on Wondertrade. Diggersby being an exception, because I can't replace the original.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back