• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • I know startlingly little about this - how does a thread with a high post count generate more double posts?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I see Dipu came back and Karen started the DCC! That's what I get for sleeping XD No double posts for a little while, yay!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I know startlingly little about this - how does a thread with a high post count generate more double posts?

I don't think it was the thread itself. When you posted it went slower, like incredibly slow. So sometimes people would click multiple times causing the double post. However since it was laggy maybe the forum didn't read that you posted already and it made the double post instead of the normal. Just a theory.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • My life is a tree without fruits! A garden without flowers! A dam without water!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I don't think it was the thread itself. When you posted it went slower, like incredibly slow. So sometimes people would click multiple times causing the double post. However since it was laggy maybe the forum didn't read that you posted already and it made the double post instead of the normal. Just a theory.

It's only happened since the new server, too. So it's just a bug with the setup or system... meh.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • So considering we have a new theme and all, what do y'all think of it? I personally like it. The only complaint I have is that in the blogs none of the little icons for "Your Blog", "Edit Your Entry", "Blog Categories", etc. aren't loading. I'm assuming that they're hopefully just putting in new ones but still, just a little annoying to see a box with an empty image in it.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • It's only happened since the new server, too. So it's just a bug with the setup or system... meh.

Yeah, I almost never make accidental double posts until PC is in the new server as well. Pretty strange, isn't it?

So considering we have a new theme and all, what do y'all think of it? I personally like it. The only complaint I have is that in the blogs none of the little icons for "Your Blog", "Edit Your Entry", "Blog Categories", etc. aren't loading. I'm assuming that they're hopefully just putting in new ones but still, just a little annoying to see a box with an empty image in it.

Wow, I think the new theme is neat, even though it needs some improvements.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    What use is a tree without fruits anyway? I'd like to at least have something to sustain me if all things else fail.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm assuming they've been reduced due to the new DCC, which I believe is the whole point but what do I know?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Funnily the double post also occurs in Forum Games when I visit it some months ago, so I'm not sure.

Double posts were happening all over the site, not just here. Like someone said earlier, I think the reason why (at least some of us) had double posts was because of the lag when posting. I remember at times I would get impatient waiting for my post to actually post, so I would hit "submit reply" or "quick reply" again which would cause the double post. So far so good though with the new theme, fingers crossed that the double post problem won't transfer over to it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Double posts were happening all over the site, not just here. Like someone said earlier, I think the reason why (at least some of us) had double posts was because of the lag when posting. I remember at times I would get impatient waiting for my post to actually post, so I would hit "submit reply" or "quick reply" again which would cause the double post. So far so good though with the new theme, fingers crossed that the double post problem won't transfer over to it.
    Doubt it, since I've gotten the double, and I never click more than once. But yeah, the point of the new thread was to kill the DPing.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Most of the time I got double post is when I was waiting for too long even though I was pressing the Submit button once. But sometimes I tried to click the button meanwhile closing the tab when the new page is loading, but sometimes it doesn't help after all.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I find that it only does it with quick reply, so sometimes in double-posting prone threads I use advanced reply.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back