• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokeball ideas.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • This has been something that's been on my mind all day, so I decided: why not share it with PC?

Imagine you could create another Pokeball that had the style, effect and name of your choice. If you were able to do that, what would you name it, what would it look like (art is welcome, if possible!) and what are the special effects that pertain to this ball that set it apart from the others? I have a rather nifty one off the bat.

Name: TF-109 "Flare Ball"
    In-game description: An experimental Poké Ball developed by Team Flare. The true function still remains unknown.
    Description: A failed experiment by Xerosic of Team Flare, the Flare Ball has a 3x capture rate when used against wild Pokémon. However, on each shake there is a chance that, along with the Pokémon breaking out, this ball will explode and KO the Pokémon inside, even if the Pokémon has the Sturdy ability. Should this happen, the battle immediately ends and no EXP is given, regardless of level. However, Pokémon caught by this ball will receive 2x as much EXP and EVs per battle, and these effects are stackable with other modifiers.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've always wondered about Pokeballs that are made from legendary pokemon items and when the related pokemon is captured with it, it changes that pokemon's form. Like say there's a legendary pokemon that has two horns and one of them is broken off for some reason or other. If you find that horn before you go to capture the pokemon, you could make it into a ball and use it to capture the pokemon, giving it back its full power and turning it into its actual non-weakened form. But the horn by itself would be just like any other held item normally.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the idea of the Flare Ball, mainly because we have the Beast Ball - so it totally suits!

What came to mind for me is like... a rainbow ball. Imagine a Pokeball that, each day, changes a type. So say one day it increases chance of catching water types, another day... fire types, etc, all based on the colours of the rainbow. Definitely would be a fun ball to stock up on C:

Ogu

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Devolve Ball - Pokemon caught with this Ball will devolve fully despite their level if able to devolve
    Evolve Ball - Pokemon caught with this Ball will evolve to their next stage immediately if they evolve by level and have no branch evolution

Years
  • I'd like to see Balls that are more effective in weather conditions (or at least during hail, so we could have a Snow Ball), maybe giving a 3.5x effectiveness like when using a Dusk Ball at night or in a cave. It'd be nice to see some more type-specific balls as well, but I think I like Nica's idea of a Rainbow Ball better.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • I'm personally good with all the poké spheres we have,
    one thing I'd enjoy seeing (perhaps in a fan-game) would be the customization
    of said pokéballs...
    Aside the good ol' capsules and seals, wouldn't it be nice if you could paint over
    the ball or give it other interesting edits?
    Hm, let's see... *miniremo noises*

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2018
    I'd like to see a Poké Ball that increases the catch rate for every time the Pokémon in the front line receives an attack. I don't know if there should be a proportion between the Pokémon's HP and the catch rate.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I would like to see balls that increase the stats of the mon that was caught in it when the mon is trained. Example, like a mon caught in an attack ball would raise it's attack and a defense ball that raises defense. I mean most balls are only there to capture the mons and that's it, only the freindship balls make the mon more friendly towards you but everything else don't do anything to what's inside, wpuld be cool if there were balls that could change the stats of the mon inside.

Back