• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you guys do anything special for your birthday?

Resolve

I have it
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    Just dinner and nothing else. Peace during my birthday is already a lot.

Years
  • for me, i kind of get small things as gifts from my mother and sister each year. not that it bothers me because i can buy things that i really want, but i miss when my birthday actually came with a birthday cake a bit of a celebration like in my teenage years.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Yeah, I generally treat like a standard day, the only difference is that my parents and my little brother give me hugs.

I miss birthday parties too, I think this year my mom is gonna make something special, like a lunch or so.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    My dad is super sentimental when it comes to this stuff, so even though I'm well into adulthood and don't celebrate my birthday on my own, he likes to make a deal of it. ^^;;

It used to be super embarrassing! But now I just appreciate all the love and hard work he puts into it. It's just me and my dad after all, and we don't have a lot of money, so it's not like he's throwing extravagant parties or taking me out to fancy restaurants. But he'll bake me a cute cake and he takes time to line the perimeter of the cake with coordinating colors of M&Ms. Usually a very thoughtful card and a little gag gift. It's not much but it honestly means a lot to me now. <333

Acerola

Tʀɪᴀʟ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ | Eʟɪᴛᴇ Fᴏᴜʀ
    Years
  • Personally, my birthday was never anything special except for one year where my friends remembered and surprised me at school. However, I never look back on it because they ended up backstabbing me- For what reason, I'm not sure? Ah well~

Years
  • I will buy a cake and then I will go out to eat somewhere.

I'm going to have to figure out where to go for my birthdays now since my favorite thing was apparently canceled sometime last year. ;-; I always used birthdays as an excuse to go out for all-you-can-eat wings at a place I like, and they stopped doing that.

I mean, I guess I could still go to that place just for a normal meal...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Every birthday since 2012, I've spent it at a Quality Inn. Naturally, I also eat out. Last year, I did something really awesome and attended an anime convention. For my birthday this year, some friends and I are planning a trip to Charleston, South Carolina. And the Quality Inn for the trip has already been booked :)

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I always spend time with my family on my birthday. We have cake and dinner together, and do the gifts. It's a lot of fun to me honestly, but it might be because i'm a bit younger than a lot of you :P

Years
  • My birthday is on Christmas...so, it?s usually overshadowed by that.

I do have a dinner with friends a few days before or a few days afterward, at least. And sometimes I get a cake/whatever. It really isn?t that big of a deal I suppose.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I'm blessed with parents who give me wonderful birthdays with cake and attention. It's lovely <3 But if it were up to me, then I treat it as another regular day.

I do treat my own family and very close friends to decent birthdays and gifts ^-^

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    my husband and i have the same birthday pretty much so we have a conjoined birthday party thrown by relatives and we share a cake lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    this year for my birthday I went hiking with my girlfriend for most of the day and then we went out to dinner at P.F Chang's, but I kept call it P.J. Whelihan.

Years
  • Yes, I try to do something special go to a concert, eat at a really nice restaurant, go to a show or if I am really lucky a vacation. If I don't have anything to do on my birthday then I just sit around brooding about getting older, so I like to lose myself in something I've never done before on my birthday. Once I couldn't find anything to do on birthday. Not one friend or family member texted me and said happy birthday, only my mom remembered to tell me happy birthday. I think because my birthday usually overlaps with labor day its easy to forget, people go out of town or get busy planning cookouts and can get overlooked. I felt so glum.

I tried to do happy things, started by making myself a stack of coconut pancakes, but you need others to laugh with. I tried to find something to do, but everything was closed, the places I liked to shop weren't open for the holiday and I ended up just riding around the city aimlessly feeling even worse and started to cry. Days later I got a flood of texts, calls and was mailed presents though, but I'd rather forget about the day itself and want to try to always have something nice planned in advanced from now on. That was the worst birthday ever, it felt like a ghost town.

Last edited:
    Back